PDA

View Full Version : Refillable mugs--how do they work?

princessM0m
10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I've never bought a refillable mug. If I were to buy one on our trip next month, how would it work? Can I buy one mug and use it at any resort? Is it good forever? We will be staying at Pop and AKL.

TheDuckRocks
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
From Info Central:

Most of the Disney Resorts participate in a Refillable Mug program. Some offer a choice in styles and sizes. The mugs sport the individual Resort's logo and must be utilized at the resort in which it was purchased.

You simply purchase a mug for around $12 each. This allows you free refills for the length of your stay at the resort. Refills are available at the beverage dispensers found at the food court/counter service stations. The variety of drinks depends on the Resort - but usually include: coffee, soda, ice tea, hot chocolate, and fruit drinks.

DizneyRox
10-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I've never bought a refillable mug. If I were to buy one on our trip next month, how would it work? Can I buy one mug and use it at any resort? Is it good forever? We will be staying at Pop and AKL.
They are one per person, it is against the spirit of the program for a family to share a mug.
Currently there aren't resort specific mug, they appear to go with the celebration now. However, I would guess the spirit of the program is still supposed to be at the resort you are staying at.
They are good for the length of your stay AT the resort you purchase it at. If you are splitting your stay at two reosrts, I believe you are expected to purchase two mugs, one for each resort during your stay.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-03-2007, 11:36 AM
We just got back and did purchase 2 of the mugs thinking we would get some use out of them like other trips. We usually stayed at the values and the food court was always close. This year we stayed at CBR and pretty far away from the food court so we only used it about 3 times. In my opinion a waste for the $25 we spent. The mugs are cute though and we will use them at home. We also found that the food court closed at 11:00pm so we were not able to use the mugs on the nights of EMH or later park hours. I am not putting down the mugs in anyway I just wanted you to be aware of some of the problems we ran into this year. If you plan on spending all your time in the parks and not a few days here and there at the resort for lounging or eating in my opinion they are not worth it to get. I think it would be more cost effective to buy a beverage here and there at the resort. Now if you plan on eating breakfast every morning at the resort or occassional meals it would definately be worth the investment. You would definately need to purchase one for everyone, they are not that large to share. Just something to think about.