PDA

View Full Version : Golden Screams?

Melanie
10-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I just saw in some pics that Golden Dreams at California Adventure has been converted to Golden Screams for Halloween. What does this entail? Is the show different?

Carol
10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I've yet to see Golden Dreams but according to the Disneyland site the show is based on movie villains.

Discover how the Disney Villains have turned golden dreams into Halloween screams at Disney's California Adventure® Park!
Enter the Golden Screams Theater for a black carpet "screaming" of the Disney Villain's greatest movie moments.
Come face to face — or hook — with some of the Disney Villains who are on the prowl in their Halloween lair.
Meet and greet some of your favorite baddies and get some frighteningly fun photos — if you dare!

Sounds like something else we'll have to try next Fall, Mel. :blackcat:

Melanie
10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
Sounds like something else we'll have to try next Fall, Mel. :blackcat:

Yeah, definitely! :mpumpkin:

It's gotta be an improvement from the regular attraction. I like Whoopi, but not a fan of this. :unsure:

BrerGnat
10-04-2007, 11:47 PM
They did this last year too. I went in and the best way I could describe it is like the Animation pavilion in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. There are scenes from all different Disney movies, starring the villains, of course. The villains themselves are in there doing character greetings. It's not really a show, per se. You just walk in and leave when you've had enough. It's a fun diversion.

2Epcot
10-05-2007, 12:15 AM
They did this last year too. There are scenes from all different Disney movies, starring the villains, of course. The villains themselves are in there doing character greetings. It's not really a show, per se. You just walk in and leave when you've had enough. It's a fun diversion.

Thanks for the info Natalie, I was wondering about this too.

BrerGnat
10-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, I may have to correct myself. We're going on Sunday, so I was looking at the times guide and under Golden Screams, there are times listed, so I guess you can only go in at the start of a "show". I am pretty certain that last year, we just walked in, but maybe we happened to get there at the beginning of a "show", or perhaps they changed it a bit this year. We probably won't go in on Sunday, but if I get around to it later in the month, I'll report back exactly what it is.

Mufasa
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Hmm... how can I describe Golden Screams. It's a show, but the premise is sort of like the academy awards yet involving the Disney Villains.

An emcee comes out and they introduce clips from several Disney films of the villains, and then it's narrowed down to I think it's 6 nominees. The audience then votes on their favorite (who is the most scream-worthy as they ask the audience to "scream" for the best villain) and the results are tabulated by the Magic Mirror and displayed but then things aren't complete- there's a surprise entry into the competition.

But essentially it's a very short stage presentation with some audience interaction but also incorporates a meet and greet with villains. Sort of.

I know... sounds confusing but it manages to draw in more of a crowd sadly than Golden Dreams.

tinkwest
10-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I am pretty certain that last year, we just walked in, but maybe we happened to get there at the beginning of a "show", or perhaps they changed it a bit this year.

Last year they did allow audience entry at posted times only. I attempted to go two times and both times I got there right after the doors closed.

JustDuckie
10-08-2007, 02:08 AM
We kept missing it last year too. Either the doors had just closed or the show was filled to capacity.

We're going to make a point of going this year just to check it out.