PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe for Breakfast

Tink&Goofy
10-03-2007, 01:56 AM
We are taking a red-eye in, arriving 5:45 am!! I figure by the time we get checked in it will be about 7:30 or so, and we will want to eat! Kona looks like a nice place to have breakfast. Is there any chance of getting in for breakfast without an ADR? I really don't want to schedule one, since it could be really tight, or impossible, if we are delayed. What are the chances?

Natazu
10-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Pretty good chances. Kona doesn't usually fill up for breakfast this time of year. Just tell them you know Mickey Mouse personally. It always works for us.

SimbaandNalasMama
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi! your chances are great. We walked right in this past sunday without a ressie. We didnt get out and about until around 10AM, so that may have had something to do with it, but i am betting it shouldnt be a prob. If you cant get in there, you could check out the counter service place, Captain Cook's.

TwoTinyWings
10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I agree, you should be able to get a table no problem. We walked in for breakfast one time without reservations (with a party of 7, no less) and were seated immediately. In fact, the place was largely empty (it was October). Others in my family eat there rather frequently and have never had a problem being seated for breakfast either, no matter what the time of year.

This should be a lovely, quiet spot for a relaxing breakfast - perfect for helping you recover from your red-eye flight.

sillyolbear
10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Agree that you shouldn't have a problem. We've never had an ADR for breakfast at Kona.

krorx
10-04-2007, 11:19 AM
On our last trip there we had ADR's but I don't think it was necessary. It wasn't very crowded. The food was good and it is a very relaxing place to regroup before you hit the parks. Enjoy!:D