PDA

View Full Version : Will it Rain Everyday? Trip - Day 3

Jeff G
10-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Cast: Jeff (me), Cheryl (DW), Ray (my Dad), Nancy (my Mom), Karissa (DD age 11), Chase (DS age 8), Peyton (DS age 2) & Madison (DD 7 mons.)

Hotel - Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou, Building 16

A pre-trip note, this is my parents third trip to WDW with us, the prior two have ended up being the two most rain filled trips we’ve ever had. Last year without them it never rained in 10 days.

Monday, September 24 - After a good nights rest were all up early and ready to explore the Magic Kingdom. After arriving at EPCOT so early yesterday we decide to leave a little later this morning, again as we arrive to the bust stop a MK bus is loading so we jump right on (a trend all week) . Were at the gates early again today but closer to 8:30. The kids enjoy the opening ceremony and then the rush to get into the park is on. The morning is bright and sun filled and we take our time down Main Street heading past the castle to Fantasyland. The first ride is Dumbo, we then head to Peter Pan, Pooh, IASW, Tea Cups, Snow White and Goofy’s Barnstormer all by 10:30. We finished up the morning by riding the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder grabbing a FP for SplM. We have a 5:00 diner for Chef Mickey’s so we decide to have an early lunch, we happen to be next to Columbia Harbor House and decide to give it a try. The food was average. While we were eating Karisssa (DD11) decided she wanted to get a Pal Mickey with money she had saved. After lunch we were off we to find a Pal Mickey, at our first stop a CM advises they are only available on Main Street and we decide to wait until were back that way. We end up riding SplM, POC and JC while taking in the Tiki Birds. Both of my little ones fell asleep in the Tiki Room so we load them in the stroller and head over to catch the parade picking up Pal Mickey the way (I was unsure of spending $60+ on him but he was worth every penny, Karissa liked him so much that within a couple hours Chase ended up getting one as well). We found a quite spot over by the barber shop and took in the parade, we were all by ourselves which the kids loved. After the parade we browsed a few shops and let the little ones rest in AC. As we finish the shopping we noticed it was approaching 4:15 and we decided to walk from the MK to the Contemporary for our 5:00 ADR. Were the first table seated and have Minnie Mouse and Pluto stop almost right away which was great except Peyton (DS2) was still sound asleep and he was the main reason we dined here. Peyton eventually woke and was able to enjoy the characters. The food was very average with a noticeable decline from past years in the selection while the service was poor and rushed. I would skip this restaurant but the kids love it. After diner we rode the monorail back to the MK. The weather had been perfect all day but as we arrived to MK a lone dark cloud moved over and it poured for about 5 minutes. The skies were pretty clear, I think the cloud was attracted to my parents. Once back in the MK we headed for Tomorrowland. We rode Buzz twice, SM (the older kids twice with baby swap), TTA a couple times with the little ones while waiting for SM riders, Astro Orbiter (with no line) and took in Monsters Inc Laugh Floor which we all enjoyed. It was time for Wishes, we’ve been to WDW 10+ times and just found out that Tinker Bell flew from the castle to start the fireworks (this was on Karissa’s must do list), so we found a quite spot under Tink’s path. The firework show was great and the kids (me included) loved Tink. As we left the park and arrived the bus stop we almost fell over when we saw the line for POR. It wound through two full gates (they had gates 4 & 5 set aside just for POR) and then made it’s way almost the entire length of the terminal. Our wait was around 15 minutes which after seeing the size of the line I felt WDW did a great job sending extra buses. The bus was full when we got on and a couple nice men offered by DW and my mom seats (again a trend all week). Overall it was a very fun day. It was the busiest day at MK all week for us yet we never waited in line for more than 5 minutes for any ride and the only ride we FP was SplM.
Here are a few photos from the day:
Karissa and Pal Mickey (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2773.jpg)
My family on Main Street USA (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2765.jpg)
Peyton trying on new shoes. (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2772.jpg)
Chase enjoying the MK ducks (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2761.jpg)
Chef Mickey's (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2785.jpg)
Chef Mickey's 2 (http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/jgroff7/?action=view&current=IMG_2795.jpg)

AbeeNormal
10-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Jeff.... What a beautiful family you have:thumbsup:

You got so much accomplished with such a big family I am so impressed and your kids look like they are having a great time. :grouphug:

Thanks so much for sharing .... can't wait to hear more.:thanks:

Gottaluvgoof
10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Isn't September great for lines? We had such a good time not having to wait forever to get on things. I know the feeling about the Pal Mickey. My daughter purchased the old version a few years ago and saved money before our September trip because she had to have the new version!

KylesMom
10-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Another fun-filled day! I'm sorry your visit to Chef Mickey's was disappointing . . . sounds like a trend lately. Wonderful that you were finally able to see Tink fly! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks 4 sharing

faline
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
You're having great luck with the buses!

What a great looking family you have! I love the pic of young youngest touching Minnie's nose! Too cute!

DizNee143
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
sounds like a great day..you gusy sure did get a lot done at the MK today!!im sorry you didnt think dinner was all that...i personally love chef mickeys for either breakfast or dinner...thanx for sharing!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Jeff, we had the same luck with the busses in May! It was awesome. Your family is so beautiful! That is a great picture of you all together in front of the castle. Thank you for sharing.

Momof2boys
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
More great pictures :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are getting tons of rides in during the day - I've always wondered about getting a Pal Mickey. Were they that informational ?

iheartmickey
10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
What a wonderful day! It sounds like everyone had a great time. I love our Pal Mickey .... I can't wait to use him in a couple weeks! ;)

I love the pictures ... Madison is so cute in that dress ... kinda looks like Minnie!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey, I didn't see any rain clouds in the picture in front of the castle... I also didn't see your mom and dad. :mickey:

Thanks for sharing your day with us and your pictures.

:mickey

Julie:thumbsup:

Pocahontas
10-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Sounds like you and your family are having a great time. I'm so glad you add pictures with your reports, it's fun to see who you're reading about.

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Jeff G
10-09-2007, 03:30 PM
More great pictures :thumbsup:

Sounds like you are getting tons of rides in during the day - I've always wondered about getting a Pal Mickey. Were they that informational ?

The pal Mickey had jokes which my kids loved, he provided tidbits of trivia about the parks and also announced on several occasions when a major attraction had limited lines. I didn't realize before we picked him up that he vibrated (like a cell phone) whenever he had info to share which is a nice feature. The info was a lot of basics which for a person who isnt't familiar with the parks I would assume could come in handy.

Thanks so much everyone for the positive feedback:mickey:.