PDA

View Full Version : Mookey's Family and friends trip - part 2

mook3y
10-03-2007, 12:16 AM
So Sunday morning we got up early and sent the bags off to BWV.

Then it was off to Animal Kingdom for a few hours. It rained a lot so we really did not get to do very much and didn't ever make it back to this park. But no regrets... Had to leave something to do for next year!

Which we did take advantage and booked next year to get the free dining next September!

Since there was so much rain, we decided to call the day at AK early and go back and check out the Boardwalk. This was one of my biggest complaints of the whole trip. The bus back to Boardwalk stopped at Dolphin, Swan, Yachtclub and Beach Club before Boardwalk..... IMHO, I thought that it was crazy for that many stops going back to a deluxe resort.... Especially when 2/3 of the bus was going to Boardwalk... maybe it was just that one trip, but everyone on the bus couldn't believe it. LOL no one even got off or on at Dolphin OR Swan..

But hey, that being my worst complaint means it was a really good trip... Right?

Next complaing about BW....
They really need a small food court and beverage service area for the refillable mugs. 1 morning I went to the bakery to get breakfast and coffee. It took 25 minutes... I felt bad for the 2 ladies in front of me that just wanted coffee.... they were in pretty good spirits considering they were waiting for their first cup of coffee. lol.

Now the good things about the resort. LOVED the 2 bedroom suite. Had a view of the quiet pool. Also Loved being able to walk to Epcot and MGM. The entertainment was a lot of fun to watch and my DS was picked a couple of times to help, which made for some great videos!

Sunday night was dinner at Ohana's with our friends and was a great time! They seated us in a corner table by 2 windows with a great view of Wishes.

Monday morning, the other DH and myself got up at 5:40 am :jaw: to make it to Typhoon Lagoon for Surf School. Ok, so I know that I am 40 now and not quite as much in shape as I once was. But, I worked out for 2 months prior at least 3 times a week. Thank God I did. Let me tell you, by the end of the lessons, we were wiped out! But I finally caught a wave all the way in on my last ride!!!! WOOT I am hooked! can't wait for the next time I get a chance to try again.

Well, on that note, time for bed. I will write more when I can.

ChipnDaleGal
10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Sounds like you had a nice time after your move to Boardwalk. Congrats on completing Surf School. Sounds like you really enjoyed it! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Sounds like another great day.

faline
10-03-2007, 08:18 PM
The only thing we didn't like about staying in the Epcot area resorts was that all the wonderful dining options were always so crowded!

Your surfing lessons sound like they were lots of fun!

Mickey'sGirl
10-04-2007, 10:07 AM
I love the Boardwalk -- but like you my only complaint is with the lack of "filling" stations. Surf's up Dude! Good for you! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for sharing....congrats on surf school.