PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to here but not too new to Disney!

Scheckster
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
:mickey:Well, I just thought after reading so MANY wonderful posts I would try my hand at writing my thoughts for everyone too!
I am 38, married to a wonderfully patient man of 45 we have three children. One son who is currently serving in Iraq (21) and then the two whom we are surprising in a few days to a trip to Disney World. They are 9yr daughter and 7yr old son.
:secret:They don't know we are going and it's killing me! :mad:I don't know why i love surprises so much because I just about want to kill my own surprise and tell them just what i have been planning for over 8 months now..but I am not going to do it! lol..
The thing is my two youngest kids tolerate a busy home ..with crazy hours of operations and people coming and going so much this is really thier reward for putting up with us! My husband is a long haul trucker ..yep that's right he's hardly home and me i am a stay at home mom who has been fostering children in my home for the past three years. We really ask alot from our kids, and they have delivered so I am excited to be taking them to Disney World and Universal Studios on Oct 14-20 ..and yes they get to miss a week of school!! I just want to thank everyone who posted hints suggestions etc because you have really helped me plan what i hope to be the best vacation ever for them! Perhaps i will be able to come back and post all the in's and out's we experianced too!
So I end this ...thanks for reading and all the sharing you all do! :grouphug:

raevnzno
10-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Welcome :thumbsup:
Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful trip. How exciting that you've kept the secret, everyone is going to have soooo much fun.

let us know how it went when you get back. :marg::cloud9::cool:

cal5755
10-03-2007, 06:26 AM
First... I thank your son for his service and pray for his safe return home! I also thank you and your dh for taking in foster children. I am sure you make a great difference in lots of little lives.

Kudos to you for keeping the secret.. I would not be able to for sure!!

Have a wonderful vacation and be sure to share details.

Oh yeah and WELCOME.... I love intercot and I am sure you will too... I learned a LOT in a short time here!!

CanadianWDWFan
10-03-2007, 07:10 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!

Keeping a secret is pretty hard. We did it once, but I don't think that I could do it again.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful trip!

ChipnDaleGal
10-03-2007, 08:14 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I hope you are able to keep your surprise and you all have a really wonderful time together! :mickey:

faline
10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

What a great, selfless family you have! You certainly deserve a great Disney vacation! Hope it's everything you want...and more!

SnowWSue
10-04-2007, 12:03 PM
You're going to have such a blast. My husband and I surprized our two children with a trip to Disney in August. They were 12 and 6. I was so nervous!!!! Luckily, we were able to keep the whole thing a secret up until we parked in the airport parking lot. At that point, we had to tell them. The whole time they thought my husband was going on a business trip.

We got some of the best pictures. I still cry every time I think about it. My 12 year old couldn't contain herself and all my six year old was saying it "woo hoo, I'm going to Disney". It was perfect.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah for you guys! I wish you a wonderful time, and ...I think you should post some tips on how you kept things a secret! I've never been able to keep our Disney trips secret..I just get too excited!!!!:joy:

ElenitaB
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! Hope your vacation is even more magical than you're expecting. We'll be here waiting to hear all about it when you return.

AbeeNormal
10-06-2007, 06:09 PM
I too want to thank your son for serving us all in Iraq. My heart and prayers are with you and I wish him health and a speedy trip home.:thumbsup:

What a wonderful gift you give taking children in to your home. What an amazing person you are. :)
I am so excited to hear about your trip. I hope time gives in and allows you to post your trip, we would all love to hear how the suprise:secret: went and to hear all about the wonderful well deserved time you had. :grouphug:

Welcome to Intercot.... :joy:I hope you love it here as much as I do. :cloud9::cloud9: