PDA

View Full Version : Mookey's Family and friends trip - part 1

mook3y
10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, we arrived home late last night from our 13 day vacation. Tired but wiser. :D

This was our families 3rd trip. We travelled this year with friends. It was a first trip for them with their kids. We had 2 girls age 3 and 2 boys 4 and 5.

Also as many of you are aware, I made James Bond's (JJ) dream come true by surprising him with a trip to WDW. He found out just over a week before he left. I will be posting a seperate thread about his reaction and thoughts on the trip soon.

We arrived a couple days before our friends and decided to try the water parks for the first time this trip.

The past couple years we did too much on our first day and our kids were exhausted and cranky. So this year, we arrived on Wed the 19th around 1:30pm at ASMu and was able to get right in a room. The only thing we did that day was go to DTD, eat at Raglan Road and went to Disney Quest for a little over 2 hours. We made it back to the resort early to get a fresh start on the morning.

Thursday Morning, we slept in a little and went to Blizzard Beach. This was our childrens first trip to a water park and we only planned on staying for a couple of hours. LOL they loved it and we ended up staying for 5.5 hours.

Went back to the room for a short nap and headed to DTD for dinner at Captain Jacks and back to Disney Quest for a for a couple more hours.

Friday morning! Finally, we made it to the Magic Kingdom in the morning!!! Being on site for 13 days and only having tickets for 10 days really made it difficult to decide what days NOT to go to parks.

It looks like we have started a tradition. 3 trips, our first ride at our kids request is Pirates of the Caribbean. Works by us!!!

Our friends arrived at the resorts around 3pm and we all met at Epcot. We had a little drama as I had left JJ's tickets back in the safe :confused:. Luckily, the busses worked in my favor and I was able to get from Epcot, to ASMu and Back in 40 minutes :party:.

Dinner Friday night was at Le Cellier and was awesome as usual. It was running a little late, but our kids had a blast at the kidcot station while we waited 45 minutes to be seated. Once we were seated, we had Moe who was a GREAT server. Great attention and gave the kids at our table and the next lots of attention.

Saturday 8 of us did the family tour having to safe the Magic Kingdom from Captain Hook by retrieving his favorite hook! This was a lot of fun for the kids (young and old alike). We had a great group and everyone had no problem being silly. I think this tour can be a lot of fun, especially if the adults do not mind acting silly. Our DS 5 was the first to spot the hook and retrieve it, so that made for some great photo's.

Our only complaint about the tour was the interaction at the end. It was kind of a let down at the end. They did not spend very much time with the families an Peter Pan and Wendy both actually seemed a bit rude / short. :confused:

But over all, the kids loved it.

Saturday night was back to Epcot for dinner at Marrakesh. We were not sure how our kids would like it, but we were right next to the dance floor and the kids were mesmerized by the music and especially the belly dancer. DD3 got up but then was to shy to dance. DS5 wanted nothing to do with getting on the dance floor. hehe. Dinner was good. Tried some dishes I would probably of never tried anywhere else. The palace is amazing.

Sunday morning brought our move to BWV. We had the bellman grab our bags in the morning from ASMu. Poor guy... 2 families and 27 bags??!!?!?!?? ok some of these were Disney plastic bags of souvinears and food. But still, i was amazed there were that many bags. Yes, we tipped well! ;)

To be continued.....

KylesMom
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
It sounds like your first few days were wonderful! Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
It all sounds great so far . I am glad you enjoyed dinner at Marrakesh. That is a place I have yet to try and I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Sounds like a great start so far.

faline
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
27 bags! My goodness! How are you going to get all that stuff home?!!

mook3y
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
27 bags! My goodness! How are you going to get all that stuff home?!!

We got it all down to 8 suitcases (bought a tote).

A lot of those bags were souvinears. :blush: that we didnt want to pack and a couple had food in them we had delivered to our room.

Mickey'sGirl
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Fantastic Mook! What a great start to your holiday! I'm glad your family loved Marrakesh (we really really enjoy the food and the entertainment there). I am looking forward to reading the rest of your trip! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
What a great time. Thanks for sharing.