PDA

View Full Version : We just returned from a wonderful 8 day trip (9/21-9/29) trip to the World

Mia
10-02-2007, 03:56 PM
We just returned from a wonderful 8 day trip (9/21-9/29) trip to the World. The crowds were low and free dining was great. I’m hoping to go again nextyear but was looking to switch my dates to early September. We were thinking of returning right after labor day - Sept 2 -9. Has anyone been there at this time and can I expect the same crowd level?

Thanks for you help

crazeedizneefinatic
10-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I am not sure about the crowd level at that time since we usually go late September. But if you are going again you should inquire about the free dining again. While we were there we booked again for next year and were given the free dining again. Next year we will be there from Sept. 26th - Oct. 5th. If you enjoyed the dining plan you cannot beat it for free!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2007, 04:44 PM
We were there this year from Sept 2-Sept 8. I thought the lines were very easy and manageable. The only day that I thought was really crowded was Monday sEPT. 3rd at Animal Kingdom. But I usually find AK more crowded just by nature of having narrow pathways. We did fast pass Everest, but everything else was no more than a 5 - 10 minute wait. The 2 days we went to MK (Sept 4th and 7th) were great... we walked on just about everything, and only had to fast pass Space Mountain and Peter Pan (Even then the waits were only about 20 minutes... but with a 3 year old and a 8 month old... we chose to keep moving over standing in lines. ... there were actually empty boats going through at POTC, empty mobile things at Buzz Lightyear, empty boats on IASM, and no more than a 5-10 minute wait for Dumbo... this was actually the first time I was ever on Dumbo because the rides were so manageable... my daughter got to ride it 3 times each day.. At Epcot we Fast passed Soarin, and walked on just about everything else... Mind you, for a lot of the more adult rides, we would go in the single rider lines, because we had little ones and would be taking turns with them. Free dining was great, and our only long wait for an ADR was at Norway in Epcot. Everything else was very reasonable. (LOVE FREE DINING... ) Overall, I would definately go back again in September, and we are planning to in 2009. Hopefully they will still be doing free dining! NExt time we want to try the end of the month... just to see if it is a little cooler... It was VERY hot when we went... but we expected it and came prepared... Enjoy your trip in early Sept next year! I am jealous!

AllDisney
10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
We were there Sept.1-8th and it was great. The weather was unexpectedly wonderful (way less humidity than I expected). I was prepared for the worst & got the best. We had 2 afternoon showers the entire week. Both times we were at MGM and the sun was back out after about 30 minutes.

Lines weren't bad at all, except for MK, and we took advantage of the EMH there. We rode ToT literally over & over again. After about the 8th time I said it was time to move on. Did not have to use the fast pass very often. We did us it for EE & Thunder Mountain. Most waits for the rides were 20 minutes, or less.

The free dining is what brought us back. It was the first time using it & it was fantastic. I would go back again in September for free dining, but think I'd go later in the month. I think it was a true miracle that the weather was so great. Don't want to push my luck:mickey:

Mia
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. I really appreciate it.

faline
10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Late August into early September is usually a very uncrowded time to visit the World!

disneyfan328
10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
having just returned from a end of september trip 9/22- 9/30 the heat was incredible as was the humidity. My DH even had to leave the parks at one point to go back to the hotel from the heat. AK was the worst but I hear that park is about 10 degrees or more hotter than everywhere else due to the foilage holding the heat in and closer to the ground? anyway is earlier in September better for the heat/humidity? We thought going at the end of the month would have been better but it wasn't I mean we were prepared (as much as possible) but is early September better or did the PP just luck out with a good week with great weather? We are thinking of going again and would love to try and plan better for the heat and avoiding it if possible.