PDA

View Full Version : Poly Princess Suites

javamama
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
anyone stayed here? If so details please, I just booked it for April not my exact dates, but pretty close(off by 2 days)we have 8 adults, 1 toddler, and 1 infant traveling so I'm hoping we'll have enough room in this suite. And this whole cons level stuff, is it really worth it? Is the dinning plan worth it if you get the cons level snack stuff? TIA again, I hope I made the right call.

mouseketeer mom
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Sorry, I don't know anything about it, except it sounds lovely. Let us all know how it was!

wendy*darling
10-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I haven't stayed in this suite, but from what I am reading, it's a lot more money than a DVC 2 bedroom villa and you get much less in the way of in-room amenities.

But it depends on what you are looking for and how you spend your time.
If you will be at the resort for breakfast and around dinner time- the snack from the concierge lounge will be nice- not exactly a meal, but something to tide you over.
My family doesn't spend much time at the resort- so we typically are not able to taken proper advantage of the concierge offerings.

I know in another post you said you did not like the VWL, so I imagine that's why you are exploring the suites.

We like having a shower in each bedroom (not in the princess suite) and I love the in-room washer/dryer (also not in the princess suite).
I would miss the kitchen too. You will have a fridge (not sure how large) but that's the extent of the kitchen amenities listed in the suite description. You can get that in a regular room.

I think for the money- I would opt for separate (perhaps connecting) rooms instead of a suite. At least you would have a full bathroom in each room. Or choose a 2 bedroom villa for nearly half the price.

Just my opinion...and I am admitedly a DVC-lover! :)

Ian
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay ... I'm totally confused ... what's a Poly Princess Suite? Never heard of it.

vamaggie
10-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Okay ... I'm totally confused ... what's a Poly Princess Suite? Never heard of it.

Me neither. I would be surprised that they would have suites with a kitchenette/washerdryer on a concierge level. Unless they are planning to make some part of Poly DVC?????

Ian
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Googled it ...

Princess Suite - 1212 sq. ft ($1100 per night - appx)
This suite has two bedrooms, each with two queen beds, along with a day bed in the parlor. This suite also includes a wet bar and small refrigerator.

1br Princess Suite - 760 sq. ft ($675 per night - appx)
This suite has one bedroom with two queen beds, and a day bed in the parlor.
Suite add on room - 386 sq. ft (same price as lagoon view room)

wendy*darling
10-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Me neither. I would be surprised that they would have suites with a kitchenette/washerdryer on a concierge level. Unless they are planning to make some part of Poly DVC?????

They do NOT have a washer/dryer, and they only have a small fridge.
For the money, I would prefer a DVC Villa. But that's not available at the Poly.

I see 2007 April rates as being either $1425 or $1600/nt for a 2bedroom Princess Suite (dates vary).
A 2 bedroom DVC villa at the VWL is either $765 or $920/nt (and I think you get more for your money there). The other DVC resorts are pretty similar in cost for April as well- some are cheaper, some more expensive- but nothing in the range of the Poly suite.

threeh
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Howdy!! I stayed in the 1 Br suite last trip and it rocked. Click on my name and on my home page is my webshots of our room. It was HUGE. The marina view was amazing, my kids always opted to come watch fireowrks from the balcony instead of staying in the park. Tonga is right next to GCH so you can just walk there to catch monorail and busses. The lounge is way smaller than hawaii and only serves breakfast and snacks. Your room key will get you into Hawaii so you can access their concierge lounge when Tonga's isn't open. Please let me know if you have any other questions. We loved staying in Tonga.

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

Iluvpooh
10-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Those pictures look very nice. :cloud9:

I know that a lot of people will only stay on the monorail line. So if that is a factor for you, I guess a suite at the Poly or GF is the way to go. In my opinion though-you just can't beat the size for dollar ratio of a DVC resort. Especially if you rent.

javamama
10-04-2007, 10:48 AM
On the DVC last year we did stay in a 2 BD Villa at WL, it was great but they only hold 8, we're 10 so we'd need to go to a Grand Villa--which is fine. So I'd take Boardwalk GV, for our dates even changing them a few days they're booked, and more $$ they told me the other day. The biggest plus w/the Poly is the monorail, especially when MK is where we'd spend alot of time w/2 toddlers so it works out. Our last trip we made it to Epcot for 3 hours only, so having the monorail again to get us there is a big plus.

javamama
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Well I did some research after booking our room, and it still looks like the best option for all of us. <snip> had alot of info on the suite/resort apparently Mel Gibson likes the Tonga House(my mom will be thrilled to kow that:giggle: ) Hopefully I can still move our dates around to the ones I want, but with only having 1 of these suites it doesn't seem too easy. I just want my kids to have fun, and my family to enjoy each other, plus it's my bils first trip he's been to DL but not DW so I want him to have a great time--kwim. Thanks for all the imput, now I'm counting down the days:balloon:

chamonix
10-07-2007, 09:50 PM
For the same price as the suite you can book 2 separate lagoon view concierge rooms at the Poly. These rooms would be in the Hawaii building with the main concierge lounge, and IMHO have a much better view.

The suites are very nice though, and being in Tonga has a special allure for sure, lol....but if it were me, I would go with 2 LVC rooms for about the same money. Since you can't get the suite for your exact dates, it can't hurt to see if 2 LVC rooms are available.

javamama
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
My only deal w/splitting the rooms is that we have 6 of us who are married, I have 2 kids, and my sister and her boyfriend are coming so they is no way to split to 2 rooms, we'd have to do 3, and then it's even more expensive--I had that idea too thanks!

Mom2princesses
10-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow it sounds like you are going to have such a great time. How wonderful to be able to spend time with your loved ones at WDW. The suite looks beautiful. Please take a lot of picks and I'll be looking foward to your trip report.

Have a wonderful time!

chamonix
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
My only deal w/splitting the rooms is that we have 6 of us who are married, I have 2 kids, and my sister and her boyfriend are coming so they is no way to split to 2 rooms, we'd have to do 3, and then it's even more expensive--I had that idea too thanks!I'm pretty sure that the infant is not counted in the official "maximum capacity" of 5 per room, so it would still be possible to split the adults 4 and 4, and still have your kids in your room.

NOT saying I would do that, LOL, it sounds like way too many bodies in a room! But then, 10 in the suite still sounds like way too many to me too! At least the suite gives you the living area to spread into as well, though, so can totally understand why that choice is the winner.

Just thought I would mention the capacity thing as an FYI, not necessarily for your situation though. :)

NewmanFamily6
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
While I have never stayed there I can't imagine it being anything but wonderful:cloud9: Have a great time and perhaps do a trip report to fill us all in!