PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives

KarenP
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Did anyone else watch Sunday night? I thought it was really good. I love Gabby and Carlos together! The new neighbors are interesting. I wonder what their secret is. I was hoping Susan was pregnant.

May524
10-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I LOVE this show! I'm so excited to see what happens! I'm so happy Susan is pregnant...and I think Bree's situation will become exposed soon.

Momof2boys
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
The fork in Bree's belly was funny - Orson trying to talk his way out of that one.

I'm glad Lynette finally told her friends about the cancer. She's my favorite character.

Darn that Edie :thedolls:

ChipnDaleGal
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought it was a really good episode. Carlos and Gabby were fun together, and I am intrigued by these new neighbors and why the daughter's memories seem to have been erased. I hope this season is an entertaining one.

TheDuckRocks
10-03-2007, 11:23 AM
This looks like this season might be a lot better than last year. I was almost ready to call an end to watching DH this year if things didn't get better.

ImagiAsh
10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I couldn't help but laugh out loud watching the ladies' facial expressions as the newcomer told Bri she needed to get rid of that tree. :laughing: It was a great episode. I missed all of last season though, so there is a lot of catching up.

prprincess
10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree--great episode! I like Carlos and Gabbi together, but I have to admit that I was disappointed in Edie's botched suicide. Bree's fork in the belly was hysterical, but I do think they'll be exposed soon as well. Lynnette is my favorite so I'm glad that she's doing better and told everyone about her cancer.

The new neighbors...eh, as soon as she told Bree she wanted her to chop her tree down, I wasn't having her!

But Susan being pregnant and the way that her neighbor/doctor told her. I don't know, I found something about it odd.

2Epcot
10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought it was a really good episode. Carlos and Gabby were fun together, and I am intrigued by these new neighbors and why the daughter's memories seem to have been erased. I hope this season is an entertaining one.

I just watched the show online yesterday. I also thought it was a good episode. Carlos and Gabby are good together.

Near the end of the episode Julie said that the neighbors daughter was not the same girl. I said that to myself about halfway through the show ... just from the way she was acting I thought maybe it wasn't the same girl she grew up with. Though at the very end her mother talked about her daughter not remembering what happened, so it should be interesting.

KarenP
10-08-2007, 08:26 AM
I am really liking this season so far. I though Bree was a hoot with the recipes. i wonder what the neighbor's secret is going to be?

TheDuckRocks
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I am really liking this season so far. I though Bree was a hoot with the recipes. i wonder what the neighbor's secret is going to be?

EX-hubby dead and buried under/near tree???
Did anyone else notice the girl that plays the daughter of the new neighbor used to play Coleen on Young and The Restless?

KarenP
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Did anyone else notice the girl that plays the daughter of the new neighbor used to play Coleen on Young and The Restless?

Yes, I remember she played Colleen. I think she is a very pretty girl.

Momof2boys
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm thinking the real daughter is dead in the attic or something - that they new Dylan was kidnapped or something.

prprincess
10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
What do you all think Carlos paid the man in the restaurant to do? My first hunch was to murder Edie, but then again, I thought that she had actually succeeded in killing herself, and the writers threw us for a loop. So I'm thinking it was for somthing else. Thoughts???

Lynn J Mc
10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
I think the guy in the bar is supposed to try to catch Edie's eye and divert her from Carlos. I doubt it will be to kill her as they implied.

Niecyboo
10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I am enjoying this season so far, and personally love the new neighbor just because of the back story. I heard that Dana Delany was originally slated to play Bree, but wasn't able to? That makes the rivalry between the two of them mean so much more. Sort of an inside joke.

J9
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
What happened with Danielle's baby? I saw Bree crying but my mom was talking and I had no idea what she said. (Even i told her to be quiet)

rnin02
10-16-2007, 03:01 PM
It looks like Danielle's baby is okay for now...just a little scare. At least, that's how I remember it. This season is much better than last season! Although I'm disliking the Eddie and Carlos storyline...I just want Carlos and Gabby back together already! I don't think Carlos has hired a hit man...but I honestly can't figure out what's going on.

Momof2boys
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I think introducing a same sex couple will bring some great story lines to Wisteria Lane - and I can't help but think Susan will be behind most of them.

prprincess
10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what possibly could a CPA do to get Edie off of Carlos' back? Dig up some dirt on her financials, but is it that simple?

And I just can't stand Dana Delaney's character. I was disappointed when Gabi backed off.

offwego
10-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Does anyone else not find it odd that Eddie doesn't even seem remotely interested in finding out where she got her unwanted guests from?

I mean how do you get tiffy with Carlos over that?

I dunno but that whole storyline is just a little much for me.

prprincess
10-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Does anyone else not find it odd that Eddie doesn't even seem remotely interested in finding out where she got her unwanted guests from?I did. After it was over I asked myself, does no one really care about where the critters originated???! EW!

offwego
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I did. After it was over I asked myself, does no one really care about where the critters originated???! EW!

Thank you! I was sitting there going what you don't even wonder and Carlos doesn't ask???

DMApixie
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Does anyone else not find it odd that Eddie doesn't even seem remotely interested in finding out where she got her unwanted guests from?

Didn't she blame it on using a tanning bed right after someone else?

offwego
10-24-2007, 05:02 PM

Yeah but is that even possible? I don't know but it still seemed just bizzare..however the whole Lynette/wig/new neighbours thing was very good.

KarenP
10-24-2007, 05:33 PM
I have always liked Susan but lately she drives me crazy with her antics. I could barely even watch some of the scenes she was in last week.

DMApixie
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah but is that even possible? I don't know but it still seemed just bizzare...

I have no idea if it is possible, but would venture a guess of "not possible". I did find it odd that Carlos just accepted her reason without question.

rnin02
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM

That's what she said, seems a little odd to me. Although, I guess it could be possible, remotely anyway. Susan is driving me crazy lately! Her clumsiness and foot-in-the-mouth syndrome is getting way old.

PirateLover
10-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I have always liked Susan but lately she drives me crazy with her antics. I could barely even watch some of the scenes she was in last week.

I agree. It's getting really old. I actually just caught up with all the episodes over the past day or so and I actually fast forwarded the whole part where the dog runs out with the paint and ruins the suit... I mean it was just so goofy. I know ditzy people but I don't know anyone that would hide a dog and then pretend to look for itto endear themselves to somebody. I still enjoy her scenes with Mike and Julie, and I thought the scene in the OBGYN's office in the bad section of town was hysterical. I don't think she needs the dumbed down plot lines anymore.

prprincess
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I have always liked Susan but lately she drives me crazy with her antics. I could barely even watch some of the scenes she was in last week.Another one here who agrees. I sat on my PC until her scenes were over--she was just driving me crazy. I didn't get why she had to get the new neighbors to like her. So what?!

Christine
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

I totally agree, Karen! Her "I Love Lucy" schemes just don't fit in with this type of show. Hopefully it will slow down a bit! :fingers:

offwego
10-29-2007, 02:42 PM
So what did you think of the gabby/carlos thing last night? I was happy with it.

tinkerbell04
10-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted byoffwego
So what did you think of the gabby/carlos thing last night? I was happy with it.

I thought it was a nice way to go with that story line. :mickey:

offwego
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I thought it was a nice way to go with that story line. :mickey:

Gabby was really coming on this time didn't you guys think? Loved the way she dealt with Carlos & Victor really. And Bree was so good with her daughter..really a much better season for acting in the "drama" moments.

KarenP
11-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I thought Danielle as "Bree" was a riot.

Edie is a spiteful witch.

I loved Gabby last night. I hope she does not go back to Victor.

I am glad the Lynette/cancer storyline is over. I didn't like it.

I don't understand Susan. She has always loved Mike. They are finally married and going to have a baby and she is still not happy.

ChipnDaleGal
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought Danielle as "Bree" was a riot.

Edie is a spiteful witch.

I loved Gabby last night. I hope she does not go back to Victor.

I am glad the Lynette/cancer storyline is over. I didn't like it.

I don't understand Susan. She has always loved Mike. They are finally married and going to have a baby and she is still not happy.

I think I can just ditto every thing that you just said, and only add that Susan bugs me and she does not deserve Mike.

MNNHFLTX
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I think I can just ditto every thing that you just said, and only add that Susan bugs me and she does not deserve Mike.Ditto on that from me too! :D

I thought Danielle's costume was such a hoot too, especially as everyone "got it" right away. Very clever!

rnin02
11-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Ditto on that from me too! :D

I thought Danielle's costume was such a hoot too, especially as everyone "got it" right away. Very clever!

Me three! Susan drives me crazy this season, I'm getting to the point I can't her. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Gabby/Carlos/Victor thing.

PirateLover
11-06-2007, 12:12 AM

While I hate her hair-brained schemes, I'm going to defend the character a little bit in this circumstance. I mean, first of all she is pregnant so the hormones are gonna be a little off to begin with and then she finds out that Mike was hiding something from her. With his already sketchy past, I think she had a right to be concerned and want to know information about his family's history.

tinkerbell04
11-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX
Ditto on that from me too!

Me too! Any guesses on the secret from the new neighbor?

KarenP
11-12-2007, 03:04 PM
So anyone think Victor is really dead?

I still can't figure out the new neighbor's secret.

The previews sure looked good!

rnin02
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't think Victor is dead, that seems too easy. I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks!!!

Carol
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't think he's dead, Karen. Didn't we get a glimpse of a body laying ashore all covered in sand?

Hmmmmm. The secret -- I think the Dad is dead and the daughter was involved somehow. Remember when the Mom was looking at the floor?? I'm not sure what all happened - but it took place in the daughter's old bedroom.

ChipnDaleGal
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I don' t think Victor is dead either. But it will be fun to watch Gabby and Carlos squirm and connive their way through whatever inquiry comes up.

KarenP
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't think he's dead, Karen. Didn't we get a glimpse of a body laying ashore all covered in sand?

Now how did I miss seeing that??

Hmmmmm. The secret -- I think the Dad is dead and the daughter was involved somehow. Remember when the Mom was looking at the floor?? I'm not sure what all happened - but it took place in the daughter's old bedroom.

Good theory, Carol. I do remember seeing her looking at the floor.

rnin02
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
And I have to add, I thought the fight between Orson and Bree was hysterical, although I don't like the way she ended it. But during dinner with Mike and Susan, that was just hysterical.

2Epcot
11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
So anyone think Victor is really dead? I still can't figure out the new neighbor's secret. The previews sure looked good!

I don't think Victor is dead, that seems too easy. I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks!!!

I don't think Victor is dead, and I can't figure out the neighbor's secret. The previews do look good for the show coming up, it showed a tornado coming to Wisteria Lane. Though I saw an interview with creator Marc Cherry that said we will probably be waiting a long time to see who survives the tornado due to the writers strike.

MNNHFLTX
11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Though I saw an interview with creator Marc Cherry that said we will probably be waiting a long time to see who survives the tornado due to the writers strike.Oh no, really? That would be a bummer. :(

I think Victor is still alive too--he has to come back into the picture at some opportune moment.

I think you are right about Katherine's big secret, Carol. When her family first moved back to Wisteria Lane, it was odd how the daughter didn't seem to remember a lot of things. And that they locked the bedroom door so she couldn't go in there and possibly jolt her memory.

Momof2boys
11-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I still don't think that DIllon is her "real" daughter. Maybe the dad killed the real Dillon ? Or maybe Katherine killed the dad to protect Dillion ? I've given up trying to figure out how this show goes ---- I hate the strike ! :thedolls:

rnin02
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm sure Dillon is the "real" Dillon. Susan reconized her right away, and didn't Julie too? I can't figure out what happened though, you know it has to be something outrageous. I'm so unhappy about the writers strike...we only have 3 episodes left I think, or maybe 4.

KarenP
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I am looking forward to tonight's episode when the tornado strikes. Anyone else going to watch?

offwego
12-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow..poor lynette! And Victor. This is going to be a long wait.

Momof2boys
12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Probably my favorite episode - almost like a Season Finale . . . darn those writers !

I try not to look ahead at spoilers but I'm really hoping Victor is the only casualty - I love Tom ! And I'm wary of the 'truce' between Bree & Kathryn.

I'm not very patient !

Crystal Palace
12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Last night's episode...wow. I think that's the heaviest the show's ever been. That last scene with Lynette was so upsetting! I hope her family is okay!!!

I also hope Carlos is okay too. He got hit pretty hard on the head, but he's probably still alive...right?:paranoid:

Carol
12-03-2007, 01:13 PM
This show has finally turned around. It was really getting boring before this season.

I'm sure Carlos is fine. I'm more worried about the cat.

prprincess
12-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Last night was amazing, I agree!

As for the second person, don't worry guys, I don't think any of you will be too upset about it. ;)

MNNHFLTX
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I bet that both Carlos and Tom are okay, although if one of them had to go, I would pick Tom.

That was the best show in a long time--it really left me thinking. And I guess I'll be thinking about it for a long time to come! :shrug:

Shugoondola
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I bet Ida Greenberg is toast. :(

:grinch:

2Epcot
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm sure Carlos is fine. I'm more worried about the cat.

I'm sure the cat is fine ... this is Hollywood, they care more about animals then people.

I enjoyed the show, though I found a lot of it predictable. I was waiting for Victor to be stabbed by the fence the moment I saw the pickets flying off one by one. I also was waiting for the crazy woman to get blown away, but I still thought it was a great episode.

rnin02
12-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Great episode. Does anyone know if we have another one after this, or do we have to wait for the strike to be resolved?

2Epcot
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Great episode. Does anyone know if we have another one after this, or do we have to wait for the strike to be resolved?

From what I hear the next episode is already done, but ABC had not decided when they will air it. Apparently they would like to air the next one when they have more new episodes to follow it, but with the strike they might have to wait a while.

TheDuckRocks
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Good Grief Almighty! Now that's the way DH should be.

tinkerbell04
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
It sure was a great episode! I agree about the crazy woman flying off being predictable. BUT, I didn't see the house being gone coming at all. I was shocked at that one. I can't imagine them kiing off an enitre family though. :mickey:

Shugoondola
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I guess Gabby and Carlos don't have to leave town now.

:grinch:

pink
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
It was first rumored than only 2 characters would die but now I heard on the view that 3 actually die. I know one of them that they didn't show and trust me you really want miss "it."

[QUOTE][I don't think Victor is dead/QUOTE]

Victor is dead, a picket fence went through his back.

Crystal Palace
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Has anyone heard when they are going to air the next episode?

The suspense is killing me!!

2Epcot
01-01-2008, 02:02 AM
All new episode on Sunday ... I guess ABC decided to let us see who survives the tornado.

MNNHFLTX
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think Victor is dead

Victor is dead, a picket fence went through his back.I think that original quote was related to the episode where they made it look like Victor drowned. :)

Very interesting piece of news about three people supposedly being dead now. I was surprised to see that they are going to air the new show this Sunday already, so I guess we'll find out then. Can't wait!

Hammer
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
No comments on last night's episode? I enjoyed it!

rnin02
01-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it was a good episode. I was really get teary eyed waiting for Lynette's kids and Tom to come out of the house.

prprincess
01-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I enjoyed last night's show. Susan is just so ugh with her antics...but I don't blame her for enjoying Bree's pampering. Then I wonder how Gabby is going to react to Carlos being blind. She might surprise us. Then the new neighbor (sorry, I forget her name)--I wonder what she did?!?

Niecyboo
01-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I got caught up at the grocery store and missed only the first ten minutes. I turn it on to discover everybody has already been rescued or buried!! I was expecting that part of the episode to last a little longer.

I did enjoy what I got to see. At least I only missed Victor's funeral and not the neighbor's burial at 3rd base...or was it shortstop?

Momof2boys
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't show Tom or the kids more - except for Parker(?) being in Ida's bedroom.

I'm thinking that Gabby would rather be poor with a blind Carlos than blind by herself.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode and can't wait for it's return.

TheDuckRocks
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Once again this weeks show was so much better than anything we saw last year on DH. I really had to laugh at the scattering of the ashes. How many times have there been threads here on Intercot with people asking if they can do it at Disney World.