PDA

View Full Version : Guest Services

Hayden's Dad
10-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I know you can go to Guest Services and ask them to call the "Chip Line" to see if certain characters are going to be out that day, but has anyone gone to them with a whole list of ones you want to see? I don't want to be one of the ones who gets talked about later, :blush: but as you all have seen from earlier posts we are on a mission. :D.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I've done it. I've gone with a list of about 10 to 15, depending on who I've had people mention seeing recently.

Plus, if your characters are kinda rare or uncommon, I would expect to hear a lot of no appearences. On my list of 15, only 5 were making appearences (and of those 5, 2 actually didn't show because Pinocchio needed Jiminy for the day, and they had the incorrect times for the Hat meetings for Snow Queen).

Hayden's Dad
10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Somehow that just doesn't surprise me about you Captain. :laughing::funny::rotfl: Thanks so far my list going on close to twenty big surprise huh.

Greenlawler
10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
In addition to this you cannot always count on them knowing everything. They only have a schedule of set meet and greets, form what I understand they do not know who will be at the teardrop and the other "suprise areas". I have been told flat out a character will not be out and then later that same day there the character is. Like I have said on other posts this happend to us two or three times a couple of weeks ago. We were told flat out no chance on Stromboli for the entire week, and then boom Thursday to the left of the hat there he was.
Haydens Dad you seem to be as into the characetrs as my family is, another tip...if it rains the characters that would be in the teardrop or other areas will come out in different locations, like at MGM they will appear in the vacant ABC building. This year we knew a character would be out at the teardrop at MK, but it was raining hard. We did not want to blow a park ticket that day and considered leaving especialy after a call to the chip line which told us they would not be coming out in the rain. We decided to chance it hoping the rain would stop, it did not. But we got lucky becuase we did not give up. We simply investigated a little and found the character we wanted in the Toon Town tent at the exit.

Hayden's Dad
10-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the tips. I now know where the teardrop is is there any other "hidden" place where characters come out?

joanna71985
10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
The Teardrop isn't really "hidden"- it's more of a special location. Others like it would be in AA and by the left side of the Hat at MGM.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Although Main Street can also be pretty common too because I saw Cruella there not too long ago.

I found Jack on his special day visits on the other side of the bridge near Adventureland and Liberty Square (where Pocahontas does hr sets for parties)

You can usually tell if it's a special appearence or not by whether they have an attendant with them. If the person isn't wearing a yellow shirt, or if there is one with the shirt and another without, it's most likely a special appearence for that character. The one without the shirt will usually have a notepad as well.

Hayden's Dad
10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Want a good laugh thanks to reading all the latest posts and looking at the character list on info central my list is up to 42 characters to ask Gues Services about :laughing::funny::rotfl: Sorry I just had to laugh at myself. I guess I ought to split the list up between me and DW. Should I ask at each park or will one guest service know for all the parks?

Greenlawler
10-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Remeber Haydens dad the sage advice of 38 special "Hold on loosley but don't let go if you cling to tight your gonna loose control" oh wait a minute thats about dating.

I thought my asking about 5 or 6 was over the top! Man I am looking forward to your trip report. When do you leave? Good luck fellow character fan I wish you the best.:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-05-2007, 03:16 AM
One guest service will know for all the parks. They will be be able to tell you the times each character will be at ech park. Splitting it might be a good choice.

Hayden's Dad
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
We are going Nov25-Dec1 and driving so we can take our time before we have to leave the last day. I will split the list between my wife and myself we have to go to guest relations first thing anyways to get a stroller-wheelchair card, a birthday button for Hayden and an anniversary pin for DW and myself so we will just kill about four or five birds with one stone. Don't worry I am not getting my hopes up about most of the characters but you don't know if you don't ask. I spend most of my days surfing the character lists and posts for new characters that have been spotted recently and for rumors (like Mowgli and Col. Hatti from Jungle Book at AK :thumbsup:) and we still have a month and a half before we go :funny: Will guest services know for the whole week or just for that day? Thanks again everyone. Also how are the autographs from the rarer characters? Not that I am complaining just curious we have several autographs that were made out specifically to Hayden or "Prince" Hayden framed and hung up on our living room wall. (Are we obsessed or what?) :blush:

joanna71985
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Guest services would only know for the day.

jpH/keD
10-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi Hayden's Dad! Are you going to a MVMCP? From what I understand more characters are out for the parties than on a usual day. Just trying to up your chances!! Good luck on your quest! ;)

Hayden's Dad
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Yes we will be going to the MVMCP on Nov 27th. And the hunt goes on :thumbsup: