PDA

View Full Version : Pictures with Characters

ShelbyAD
10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Hello. I will be going to WDW with my mother & sister next month!! (I am 38, my sister is 41 & my mom will be 64)

I know that there are "stations" where you can get your picture taken with the characters. When DH & I went to Disneyland back in 2000, the Disney people taking the pictures, also took your picture with your own camera. Do they still allow this at WDW?

Thanks!

crltkcagle
10-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Yes the photographer will take a picture with your camera also. :wave:

GrmGrninGost
10-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes, it is allowed. Also, at a lot of the meet and greets there are no photographers present. You have to use your own camera. Usually there is a Disney CM handy who will be glad to take the photo for you. :mickey:

joanna71985
10-02-2007, 11:49 PM
If there is no PhotoPass photographer with a character, then the character attendant can take the photo for you.

ShelbyAD
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
GREAT!!! That will save us a TON of money.

I'm hoping to "meet" Piglet, Dopey, at least 1 Princess, Mickey & Minnie. Those are the main ones I want to see. But would love to see as many as I can :thumbsup:

jjramsey
10-03-2007, 12:45 PM
If you are going to be there for quite a few days, you might want to consider a Photopass CD. When we went last fall, it cost about $100. We ended up with around 280 photos on the CD.

They give you a 'release' that allows you to print the photos at your local photo printing shop in whatever size and quantity. This way, you can get extra prints whenever you want. Be sure to keep extra copies of the release that comes with the disk, so you don't lose it.

Every photo printing shop we have gone to has printed out the pictures and when we go to pick them up, they say that they cannot sell them to us because they were done by a professional photographer. We show them the release. They are really 'wowed' that Disney lets people print the pictures.

When we got our photopass card, the cast member told us to 'abuse' it by using it anywhere and as often as possible. They have hundreds of photographers on staff, though sometimes they may not be exactly where you would like them to be, as they are assigned to a specific location and cannot roam.

It beats paying $12.95 for a single 5 x 7 at the park! Plus, I understand that they are starting to use a trial at some ride locations where your ride picture can also be on it (we heard that Test Track was or is going to try it). Others on here may now if and how many rides are currently in the system.

Have fun on your trip :mickey:

joanna71985
10-03-2007, 05:25 PM
GREAT!!! That will save us a TON of money.

I'm hoping to "meet" Piglet, Dopey, at least 1 Princess, Mickey & Minnie. Those are the main ones I want to see. But would love to see as many as I can :thumbsup:

Piglet- CP
Dopey- Germany
Princesses- either in Toontown or in various places around the WS
Mickey- everywhere
Minnie- everywhere

MickeyandTink
10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I understand that they are starting to use a trial at some ride locations where your ride picture can also be on it (we heard that Test Track was or is going to try it). Others on here may now if and how many rides are currently in the system.

Have fun on your trip :mickey:

Test Track is the only ride you can add to the photopass CD. You can also add the border to it so it looks just like the ones you can buy at the ride. It's really cool and I hope they expand it. My guess is they will eventually add most, if not all, of the rides to the photopass CD as an additional cost option. For an extra $20 or so, it would really increase the value of the photopass CD.

ShelbyAD
10-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Don't think I will be doing the Photo Pass CD. That's alot of money for me right now. I'm doing all I can to save up money for souviners. My mom is paying for everything else (airfare, hotel, PH tickets, & meal plan). Money is very tight right now.

We're doing some major renovations on the house and with taking DHD to the doctors every week ($150 a week) - it's quite a strain.