PDA

View Full Version : Renting a lens for a digital SLR in Orlando

MsMin
10-01-2007, 11:29 PM
My son has just asked me if anyone here on Intercot knows if there is a place in or near Orlando that will rent a lens for a camera.
Has anyone ever rented a lens? :photo:
Apparently there is a lens that costs about 1100 and he just wants to rent it. I never knew you could:confused:

2Epcot
10-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I have not done this in Orlando, but I have rented SLR cameras in the past locally when I needed an extra camera to shoot an event. I already had another lens, so I just rented the body. You should be able to do this with lenses as well at a camera dealer that sells and rents. If nobody on Intercot knows of one in the area, you might be able to search one online.

I bought my digital SLR while on vacation in D.C. I was already planning to buy one, but I left my smaller digital at home, so I bought the digital SLR in Virginia (saved some taxes that way). I got a lens there too, but ended up returning it to the same camera store chain when I got back to California .... it wasn't the exact lens I planned to buy. I didn't intend to "borrow" the lens when I was on vacation, they just didn't have the one I wanted. A few months later I bought the lens I really wanted.