PDA

View Full Version : lost drivers license?

readytogo2
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
i had never thought about this but how would you fly home if you lost your drivers license? we were taking the boat from Poly to MK last week when a woman dropped her purse into the water.the lake patrol came over and when saw the woman getting off the boat at MK-we had since taken the monorail- she still had not gotten her purse back. what would you do?

DisneyDudet
10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm not quite sure. My mom lost hers before we went to NYC, the June after 9/11. We had just gotten back from Disney World that night and were leaving for NYC that next morning. All we can think is that she left it on the plane on the way home. Well, she was in tears. We found her teaching certificate, birth certificate, ID from her school, etc, everything we could find to prove to them who she was. It worked. They felt so bad for her.

But I don't know what you would do when you're someplace and don't have anything. All I would know to do is let someone at home know where copies of everything is, even passports and others things, and have someone you can call and overnight them to the resort.

I'm not sure there's much you can do....

vamaggie
10-01-2007, 06:54 PM
You couldn't--you'd have to stay at WDW, become a FLA resident and then get a new one! LOL (now please excuse me while I figure out a way to throw my purse overboard!)

2Epcot
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
A couple I know recently lost both of their drivers licenses when they were on vacation. They had already gone through the first security check, then they set their IDs down and walked off and forgot them at the metal detector area, I think. When they went back to where they left them they were gone. Apparently someone picked them up and didn't even turn them into security. They were able to get on the plane only because the first security person remembered them and said that they had ID. The couple ended up having a friend overnight their passports to them so they could continue their vacation.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
My sister couldn't find her's when we were flying home in 2005. They asked if she had ANYTHING with her picture on it. Luckily she had her BJ's Wholesale card but ended up not even needing to show that. Maybe because there were so many of us and the rest did have ID's?
And I know in MA you can go on line and order a replacement and you print out the proof right then that you ordered. That's what a friend of mine had to do when she lost hers.

thrillme
10-04-2007, 09:21 AM
It's stupid I know but I'm always soooo nervous about losing my ID on vacation...At home I have plenty of stuff to prove I'm me...but getting back on that plane...oh my... So when I renew my drivers license...I keep my OLD one and keep it in my suitcase or purse (I'm a weird girl and I hate carrying a purse. I usually only carry a fanny pack or wear cargo pants into the parks)...So I always have a second drivers license in a second location. It's unlikely that I'll lose BOTH.