PDA

View Full Version : Just back from POP & WL

Crow
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
POP is my fav value & WL deluxe fav.
any questions?
a little disappointed over the courtyard n standard views at WL but i love the theming and AP

maggie1020
10-01-2007, 08:20 PM
the bus and boat situation going to the other parks. Im going 7/08 .... im so excited!!!:mickey:

MickeyandTink
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Just got back from Pop as well. Probably saw you there. I agree it is a nice resort. The rooms are small, but for 2 or 3 people it's fine. You can certainly put four to a room, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you just plan to be in your room to sleep and get ready in the morning. While crowded, the food court had a decent selection and the gift shop was very well stocked.

We had dinner at the Poly, Contemporary and AKL and I can see why they cost a lot more. Definitely more upscale and convenient to the parks. I hope to be able to afford to stay there someday, but for now we'd rather be able to take trips a little more frequently than just be able to do a trip once every 4 or 5 years and stay in a deluxe resort.

I was disappointed in the mousekeeping, though. Maybe it was built up expectations, but I didn't find the cleaning and room prep to be any better than at a typical mid-level hotel. No towel animals or extra "decor". If it weren't for the bar of Mickey soap and the little blue bottle of shampoo with the Mouse, you would never have known you were at Disneyworld.

Lightnin McQueen
10-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi Crow,

We have an upcoming trip next year and have paid extra for a Courtyard View room. You say you were a little disappointed with your CY view, why was this?

Thanks for offering your post visit help :thumbsup:

laprana
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
:ditto: We'll be staying at WL in December in a Courtyard View room. We've never stayed at WL before and I'm beyond excited! :joy: What were you disappointed about with the Courtyard View room? Also, I've been trying to fingure this out for a while, but where are the Courtyard View rooms located? TIA for the info!

Crow
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
from what i was pointed out, the standard rooms are very few and overlook the access rd, smokehouse area. i could see some of the mono & Contemporary, just a little thru the trees.
my courtyard view room was across from villas w a little view of the pool behind the villas. my last stay i swear i was on the same side a few down to the right closer to bus stop and it was considered standard. the beds are big and room nice size, bedposts nice. fridge. tv nice also.but once again i wasnt in the room as much to enjoy it.
the luggage transfer from POP to WL seemed to take longer this time. dropped my suitcase around 9am and it didnt get to WL til 4. I was afraid i was going to have to dine at AP in my shorts n tshirt.
the decor of the lodge is great of course. Roaring Forks was busy, didnt use it except for refilling the mug but some of the sandwhiches looked ok.
the pool stayed pretty busy as did the poolside bar. Territory lounge was nice and had some good flatbread.
only used boat back once from MK and had to wait a bit for it. bus ride to MK very quick.
buses were ok. once had to wait a bit to Epcot and the buses do share w FW.
the CMs were all pleasant.
for the price i would have to debate staying there again...although i love the lodge, i may save some and stay at mod or POP or try another deluxe if given a good deal
i was told it was almost always sold out, due to its closeness to MK & the Cont having less rooms due to upcoming DVC and convention people being given rooms there more.

Stickey
10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I believe that water view and courtyard view are put in the same category. You had a partial water view room. The courtyard view rooms overlooking the lake and geiser are the best rooms. We had a WL room across from the villas last year. It was a nice room, but the view was greatly inferior to the courtyard view I described. Hopefully construction was finished for you. The walled-off stream in the lobby was disappointing last year.

Crow
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
yes the construction was done. as i said i like the WL, but if a mod is cheaper by a lot next trip i may go w that esp if it isnt as crowded. ill have to see the deals. now if they could move WL by Epcot that would be perfect!