PDA

View Full Version : directions to CBR

rcjmlh
10-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I have heard that there is a road I can take that will avoid I-4. Does anyone know what it is and can I get to CBR from there? Thanks for your help!

Piglet822
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
:welcome: to Intercot.

Are you talking about 429? Or 417? These are two completely different highways located on opposite sides of WDW. Tell me where you're coming from and I can give you accurate directions to CBR.

garymacd
10-01-2007, 10:40 PM
If you are coming from the north and west (I-75) take the Florida Turnpike to SR 429. Head south on the 429 to Western Way exit (Exit 8, I believe). Head east on Western Way. Western Way ends at West Buena Vista Dr. Turn left onto W. Buena Vista Dr. This becomes East Buena Vista Dr. at Epcot Resort Blvd. Keep going until you see the signs for Caribbean Beach Resort at Cayman Way. Turn right into the resort and you are there.

Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt.

If you are coming from the east, you can get on to the 417 west - somewhere - and take that to the International Blvd./World Centre Dr. off-ramp. Take World Centre Dr. This becomes Epcot Centre Dr. at the I-4. Continue west until you reach the off-ramp for East Buena Vista Dr., west-bound. Take the west bound off-ramp and follow the signs to Caribbean Beach Resort. It is very close, just past Backstage Lane/Chelonia Pkwy. Turn left into the resort.

If you can get to SR 535/S. Apopka Vineland Dr., you can turn onto Hotel Plaza Blvd. at the entrance to Downtown Disney's Marketplace - great big signs - and just keep going until you see CBR.

Hope this helps.

Have a great trip.

rcjmlh
10-02-2007, 09:43 AM
I guess it does help to know which way im coming from. :mickey: We are coming from the North, Panama City to be exact. I appreciate ya'lls help!

Piglet822
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Then you'll be following the I-75 to FL Turnpike South directions. Which are accurate.
One thing not mentioned is the speed limit on Western Way. It starts at 45 then drops to 35. Please observe these posted limits. The local sheriff does sit in different areas around property and they will issue tickets.

rcjmlh
10-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info! Would hate to start my vacation with a ticket.

garymacd
10-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Then you'll be following the I-75 to FL Turnpike South directions. Which are accurate.
One thing not mentioned is the speed limit on Western Way. It starts at 45 then drops to 35. Please observe these posted limits. The local sheriff does sit in different areas around property and they will issue tickets.

I didn't know that. Good to know. I have never gone that way.

DDuck66
10-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I guess it does help to know which way im coming from. :mickey: We are coming from the North, Panama City to be exact. I appreciate ya'lls help!
We used to live near Destin and the trip usually takes about 7 hours with minimal stops. The Florida Turnpike is your best option. I-75 is three lanes in each direction all the way from the I-10 split until you exit at the turnpike. Have fun!!!