PDA

View Full Version : Disney in December

melissatarv
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
:tink:I am planning a trip for my family of 5 to Disneyworld in early December. I have been many times, but never during the holidays. I'm curious about the weather. What should we pack? Will it be crowded? :balloon:

jakeofwildwood
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Can't wait to see the answers on this thread! We will be there 12/1-7 ourselves (DW, DD13, DD12).

Hope to see you in the parks!

disneymom15
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
We've been there 4 times in Dec. Weather can vary quite a bit. We always pack for warm and cold weather. Crowds are very heavy going into x-mas week. Early Dec crowds aren't as bad.

disneycouple2004
10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
We love going in December...pack for both warm and cold weather..dress in layers it can start out very cool and by noon be actually hot..
The crowds the 1st week of Dec will be light. The closer you get to the week of Christmas the more the crowds will increase. Also MGM and the Magic Kingdom crowds will increase alot Fri-Sun. because of MVMCP and the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at MGM...enjoy your trip :D

Strmchsr
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Asking about December weather more than a week beforehand is useless. People can tell you what it was like during their trip, but I guarantee it won't be the same on yours. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to see the weather for the last 4 years for the dates of your vacation to get a general idea of what to expect, then check the weather thread at the top of this forum closer to time for specifics.

TKDONALD
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I will be there as well from Nov. 30 till dec. 9. I plan on bring both worm and cold clothing.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-01-2007, 05:02 PM
In Dec 2005 we packed for all kinds of weather because we did the cruise in the middle of our vacation. During the day we work jeans and short sleeve tops and maybe a fleece type jacket at night, if we even needed that. There was only one evening that it got chilly. But it wasn't warm enough for us to go in the pool during the evening hours. I think my nephew went in once during the day though.

faline
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Early December is one of my favorite times to visit. Crowds are generally very manageable. The holiday festivities are well worth the visit!

Weather, however, can be very variable at this time of year. We've had lovely, mild, weather where we could wear shorts around the clock. We've had very cold weather where winter coats were required and just about everything in between.

MsMin
10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
We've gone the past 4 years and we were cold 3 out of 4 years. It is hit or miss. I think Mickey is putting that temperature gauge in the sun b/c I know it was much colder when we were there on my car gauge and it's still accurate here:confused:
Maybe the temps are only the times the park is open??? Anyway, do bring clothes for layers, watch the wind and humidity as this makes it feel colder, especially at EPCOT when the wind blows across the lake.
I'm from BR... what part of Louisiana are you from?
I hope you love it at Christmas time... we do.

SurferStitch
10-02-2007, 06:34 AM
We prepare for every temperature possible. I basically stuff my closet into a couple suitcases (okay...exaggeration...my closet would take about 15 suitcases), and I have a huge suitcase for all of my shoes (I take way too many shoes). :blush::blush::blush:

DH and I went last year (12/7 - 12/18). We had one chilly night. The rest of the nights ranged from 55-70, so it was quite comfortable. I wore capris the first 5 days or so at the parks, then shorts were more the norm. Our first day had a high around 67, and each day got warmer and warmer. By halfway through our trip, it was hitting 78, and by the end it was well into the 80's.

But, everything could be different this December. We'll be there 12/6 - 12/17, and no matter what the weather, it will be awesome.

Crowds were pretty small during the weekdays last year. Weekends were busy, but expected, and very manageable. Things started to get really busy by the 17th-18th, so we were glad to be heading home then.

Bluesky481
10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Early December is a great time to go. Crowds are manageable, and the decorations are beautiful.:thumbsup:

As other posters have mentioned, weather is quite variable. Expect changes in the forecast while you're there. You will definitely want to bring clothing that can be layered along with jackets/coats...maybe even scarves and gloves (you can never be too sure). Once the sun goes down, the temp. can become quite chilly.

sillyolbear
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
This is a great time to go to WDW. Manageable crowds and the festive atmosphere of the resorts and parks decked out for the holidays is very special.

But as everyone else has posted, the weather is a toss up. We've had beautiful warm 70-80's and chilly 40-50's. And while it isn't the rainy season, the longest, hardest rain we've ever experience at WDW was a very long day a few Decembers back.

Pack with the ability to layer and whenever you are going Scotch-guard your shoes and have fun!

Caroleh
10-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Can't wait to see the answers on this thread! We will be there 12/1-7 ourselves (DW, DD13, DD12).

Hope to see you in the parks!

I'll be there the same week!!!!