PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Phillies...still can't believe it!!

JerseyMouse
10-01-2007, 10:33 AM
When a team collapses as the Mets did, it's only a collapse if someone else capitalizes, which the Phils certainly did!!

I am really trying to figure out just how this team is NL East Champs today...No Utley in August, no Howard for a stretch of time earlier, Myers out a good stretch...I could go on, but this story is what is right about sports.

The emotion watching that team celebrate with the fans after the game is why I became a fan.

There is simply no reason this team should be in the playoffs. There is simply no reason this team can't win the NL pennant..how crazy is that?

prprincess
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Yes, isn't it lovely!? GO PHILS!!

...just don't break my heart again like you did in 1993!!

JPL
10-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I have to say being a Yankee fan and hearing it all year from Mets Fans this collapse was extra sweet :thedolls:

MGKpotc8283
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
It is awesome to finally have the Phillies back in the post-season. Especially after being so close for the last few seasons. I hope things turn out better then they did in 1993, I was devastated (I was only 10 years old at the time). I don't know about there be no reason why they should be in the post-season though. Remember they did sweep the Mets in the last two series they had this season. In my book (and MLB's book) the best team won the division. I'll be at game 2 on Thursday night routing for them. Go Phillies!! J-Roll for MVP!