PDA

View Full Version : 10/1 VMK Halloween (merged)

WDWfanatic742
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
With Epcot's 25th today, and it being the beginning of October; anything new get released today? I'm at school right now so can't get into VMK to see whats up. Hopefully they got the Halloween decorated version of Main Street USA...

JPL
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm at work in the same boat as fan :(

Please Update us :(

LittleDragonErin
10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Nothing new at all.

Food carts and beachwear still in Emporium specials. No Main Street Decor. Nada. Nothing. -_-'

chrisb26
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah I hope you didn't get your hopes up because vmk looks the same way it has all year with the regular overlay. Which is kind of disappointing but I guess I'm not surprised since that is all vmk seems to be the last few months. I used to say well they can't please everybody but lately it seems more of they can't please anybody which is really sad that it has come to that.

WDWfanatic742
10-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Uh? Why? Big Day? Important day? 25th? Halloween? Haven't done anything in awhile? :( :angry:

chrisb26
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Why? Well I would suppose because they are VMK. Unlike the real Magic Kingdom I dont think VMK aims to please.

I think they are so obsessed with this trading card game that will probably never come out complete that they neglect the actual game. Which IMO I dont think is right. They should be working on the actual vmk before making an entirely new game.

varcity
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
glad I didn't wake up on time. That would have been a disappointment. And I am glad dino has caught on to vmk and has been voicing his opinion in this thread. It's exactly what I would say and that's good because I hated being the only one. lol

I do agree they are neglecting us for the card game, but with 12+ new items (not sure on exact numbers) you all know that when it does come out and everyone is getting the items everyone will be excited!

chrisb26
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Well I do have a sliver of good news. They have finally changed the events page on VMK and they are all Halloween themed rooms. The best part is the descriptions say you can win a prize!! We haven't seen that since June I dont think!

varcity
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
slow updates to the homepage:

Epcot celebrated in the dateline disney.

They announced that it's halloween month (where they usually also show the room makeover of the week) but provided no information other than there will be new items and game themes!

I looked at the cards list, still says a third series to a card number 30, so I think the VMK trading card game will have most of those cards. Also, most cards are retired (only penny press, pirate pin series, and the submarine wall are not)

The VMK card game is still in it's basic form. :mickey:

chrisb26
10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Well the host events are back this month which is good. I'm glad to see that we haven't had real events since June. I'm not sure of the prize this month yet I think it might be a few different things. The prize this afternoon was the Bat Bag from last year. While in there I did ask Hula if there would be a host pin this month she said "Dino, there might be" so that wasn't much help lol

~EDIT~

Well since Hula wasn't much help with if there would be a host pin I asked Phinny and she said there would be! Crazy also asked Phinny if they would be decorating Main Street for Halloween and she said she hopes so lol

Jeremy
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
:cool:This is so cool!

I love it! VMK now has Halloween up.
I love how when you load the game you see the spider and web.
and main street pupmkins, WOW!:thumbsup:
The boys in the hair style, you can change to dracula.
The girls in hair style, you can have ornge alice hair. I think?
IM so excited!:D
oh and you know when your in your dark room?
it now has sounds like ppl working or something
SWEET!!!!:cloud9:

LittleDragonErin
10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
The stores have changed. It is kind of divided like the inventory now with tabs for rooms, furnishings, pins, clothes, posters and specials.

Load screens are now Halloween'ish.

Halloween decor from last year is up on Main Street.

Inventory window has also changed. Items are only shown once with an amount next to it of how much you have. And it scrolls by pages.

WDWfanatic742
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Sounds very good. Might actually get me back on tonight :D

JPL
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Inventory window has also changed. Items are only shown once with an amount next to it of how much you have. And it scrolls by pages.

So you are saying no more scroll through 800 up and down space ride pieces to find what I am looking for :cool:

LittleDragonErin
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
So you are saying no more scroll through 800 up and down space ride pieces to find what I am looking for :cool:

Exactly! This feature came just in time. I'm entering about 1000 sparrow codes because I need a lot of those chests from the game. Thing I hated about doing that is I end up having to scroll through 50 pages of organs and monkeys. :P

Another thing I just noticed is a new teleport animation. Or I'm guessing it's from teleporting or moving into rooms because I've only seen it happen as players come into the room. It's like a mini cursed storm that only happens on the body. The heads appear normally. That's the best I can describe it as. I'll post a picture later of it.

EDIT:
Here's a picture of the new Inventory:
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/DDRin/newinventory.jpg

And of that teleport animation I described above:
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/DDRin/newteleportanimation.jpg

Boys also have a new hairstlye:
http://www.iaza.com/work/071003C/sweet98788.png

chrisb26
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Okay so I completly forgive VMK for being a day late with the decorations. The changes they made are Awesome! The decorations look great they are the same as last year but who cares! Haunted Mansion Lobby also got its decorations from last year also! The new inventorys are the thing I'm most excited about it will be sooooo much easier to look at all the things you have now I love that!

Oh I also noticed that guys are not the only ones with new hair. Girls also have a new hair or at least color. It looks like the alice hair only orange.

Also if you look closely at the guys hair the back has a large collar looks like we are getting Vampire Costumes! That is awesome!

jjramsey
10-02-2007, 12:22 PM
I am very happy about the inventory changes! Can't wait to see it :thumbsup:

Patricia
10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update Jeremy!

:mpumpkin:

Patricia
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
The way you shop has changed today and so has loading. You'll see what appears to be blue swirls for avatars, like the blue blocks of furniture loading.

Your inventory is much easier to look at. You have each item showing only once and how many of it shows as a number beside it. Seems I have a lot of some items.. piggi patti.

And.. so far, if I get a message from someone it pops up on my screen instead of me having to hear it. That's good for those of us who always have our sound off.

TinkRocks
10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Still waiting for the day when we are shopping that we can select the quantity of each item we want to buy, instead of having to go through buy process 'x' number of times. It would come in real handy when we are building rooms and needs lots of the same item.

Patricia
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Aww.. I just noticed that patti is wearing a Minnie mouse tank top. She never wears Minnie.

So, I looked and... our plain tanks are gone.

:crying: - cries - :crying:

Dracula766
10-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I wanna see!!

I can't log in :(

varcity
10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
anyone know if trading has the same quantitative inventory?

Patricia
10-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Trading seems to be the same, we tried it this morning. Doesn't mean it won't change though...

The orange hair for girls is already gone.

RicksCafe
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
And.. so far, if I get a message from someone it pops up on my screen instead of me having to hear it. I haven't been on to see this, but I'm wondering if this will get annoying real fast... speaking as a person who actually sees the message light flashing.

patti, are you talking about my favorite VMK shirt for girls? The shirts that got certain people in a certain bit of trouble that certain one time?

Cause if so? That is a crime against virtual humanity.

Ricks (who is certain about that)

Patricia
10-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Oh Ricks, I'm not allowed to talk about tops.. VMK said so.. but yes!

My yellow tank (since beta) is gone.

Snif

OhGee
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Another new thing I noticed, when I go to the monorail, I usually use the VMK link in the upper left then go the Main Street Station that has no one there. Now that link takes you right on to the monorail! It is so much faster and I can get on an empty monorail.

Yes I am also disappointed that we no longer have the solid tanks. That was almost half the wardrobe! Oh well!

Jeremy
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM
a funny bug in the Haunted mansion lobby
you know where you click to get in side the mansion.
well go to the back of the building and click on to go to left side of door way buliding. lol
you will go real fast back and forth. its so funny
i did it over and over:D

LittleDragonErin
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh I also noticed that guys are not the only ones with new hair. Girls also have a new hair or at least color. It looks like the alice hair only orange.

Not necessarily new. If you choose the Alice hair, you can now choose a pink color which overlays on the yellow making it look sorta orange. So kinda new but not really. Lol!

EDIT: Okay now people are saying the girls' hair thing is a bug. O_o

RicksCafe
10-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh Ricks, I'm not allowed to talk about tops.. VMK said so.. but yes!

My yellow tank (since beta) is gone. This is doubly wrong. A cruel injustice is being done here. I, for one, will not sit idly by and let this happen.

A VMK without tops you can't talk about? I'm not sure I want to live in such a world!

A patti without her yellow tank? Will she smell as sweet?

Ok, probably so. I clearly need to rethink my position here. :scratch:

Ricks (who's likely being overly dramatic about this... which would be odd for him... I said, which would be ODD! :stop: )

chrisb26
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I just found another thing they fixed. Remember how you could walk through those alice walls? Well don't count on doing that anymore because VMK has fixed it which basically means a couple of my rooms no longer are able to be entered :mad: So I'll now have to have a big gap in the wall.

I was trading things between a few characters earlier and I noticed that the trading looks the same as the inventory does now. Where you can see how many of each item there is.

mickeynuts
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh no, you can't walk through the alice walls? sigh, off i go to rebuild a lot of rooms.
I bet the tank top (gasp i said it!) thing is a bug. They didn't change into minnie tank tops, they are still called tank tops like always, they just have the minnie on them now. The minnie tanks are still named like they were before. So let's hope, but don't talk about it hehe
:cool: Laura

Jeremy
10-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the update Jeremy!

:mpumpkin:

your welcome Patricia!:)

Krystal_Rose
10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
oh and you know when your in your dark room?
it now has sounds like ppl working or something
SWEET!!!!:cloud9:

Sounds like breaking wind to me! :secret: Just my opinion.

chrisb26
10-04-2007, 12:22 AM
I figured out it isn't all the alice walls that you can't walk through. You can still walk throught the walls with I think its a castle or something on it. The ones that are only stars you can't walk through. I dont know why they would make it so you can walk through some but not others. But I have fixed my two rooms with the walls. Only problem is my Camping room doesn't look as good anymore :( But I was able to cover it up pretty well in my Hallween room so that is good.

cheshirecollector
10-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Arg...So I get back online after 5 days without DSL, and I find out that all of my regular outfits except one are changed? I am not happy about this; I seriously hope it's a temporary thing.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-04-2007, 10:38 PM
EDIT:
Here's a picture of the new Inventory:

Aww, I was expecting a new staff midriff shirt Dragon! ;)

cheshirecollector
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
I just tried the new inventory thing while adding a quest prize, and found that it was totally messed up when you look at it there. Outside of my quest machine, the count "appears" to be correct, but inside, a lot of the numbers were definitely off. It said I had 1 of some chairs I had 10 of, and said I had 5 of a chair I only had 1 of, for instance. So watch out when adding prizes to a quest - you might give away too much.

cheshirecollector
10-05-2007, 11:35 AM

They're back. :thumbsup: