PDA

View Full Version : question about check in times

amy711
10-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I am leaving for WDW on November 30 and supposed to arrive at MCO on December 1 at 12:01 am. If I arrive at the hotel at about 1:30am will they let me check in? Will they let us have our room right away or will we wind up sleeping on a chair in the lobby until it is morning? Any help or answers will be greatly appreciated.

vamaggie
10-01-2007, 07:51 AM
I believe I read on a previous thread that as long as you check in before 6am the day after your arrival day you should still have the reservation. Have never checked in that late but have around 11 and had no problem getting into a room. Check the old threads for something like "Checking in after midnight". I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along soon with a better answer.

Seasonscraps
10-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Does your reservation start on the night of 11/30 or 12/1?

If it's 11/30, you will be able to check in and get your room on arrival.

If it's for 12/1, I don't think they will let you check in until 6.00am and it's hit or miss on having an available room. You should be prepared to not get a room until 3.00 pm, the official check-in time, just in case.

amy711
10-01-2007, 07:55 AM
My reservation is for 12/1 to 12/7. I am hoping that I don't have to pay for another room night just because my flights had to be changed so many times by Delta.

vamaggie
10-01-2007, 08:00 AM
You may want to consider getting a cheap room by the airport for the 30th since you get in so late and tour WDW ressie is not til the 1st. Get some sleep and go to WDW when you awake. You can still take DME on the 1st since that is your check in day.

MsMin
10-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I've was told I couldn't check in before 7a but they let me check in @ 6:30a when we got there. I don't believe they would let you check in before that time or give you a room. I've had two occasions when we arrived that late myself and had reservations for the "day before" This year we have reservations on Oct. 9th and we won't get there until about 3 am on Oct 10th. We want to be assured of a place to sleep after driving all night. I also let them know in advance we would be arriving late.
When I've had a pkg I made a separate reservation for the 1st day w/o DDP or TX especially if our entire party was not arriving until the next day or later.
I imagine you are not the only one arriving at that time.
Good luck with your planning. I've done the airport motel thing and wasn't happy.

Darbylew
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
We have checked in real late like 1 am but our
reservations were for that night anyway so they
will hold your room if you have a reservation
for the night you arrive. Check in time is 3 pm
each day. :mickey:

Strmchsr
10-01-2007, 10:07 AM
The policy for check in is 6 am. If your reservation does not begin until 12/1 you will not be able to check in before 6 am on 12/1 without paying an extra night. I agree with vamaggie. Get a cheap room close to the airport and then take DME the next morning.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I like the idea of the poster above who suggests a 1-night reservation, without anything else (DDP or tickets). Then you know you're in the right place, no worries about the quality of the room, you can have a good night's sleep, and wake up all ready to go!

One-night at a value resort won't be much, and at least you'll already be "there"

javamama
10-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Amy-
As a former DL employee(I didn't work reservations/public contact) I'd call them, and see if they can reschedule your flights. December 1st was always our major flight schedule change, so they maybe able to assist you, give it a try it can't hurt. I know they're really big into customer service these days, so maybe they can do a little something to help you out. G/L

TheRustyScupper
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
. . . My reservation is for 12/1 to 12/7. I am hoping that I don't have to pay for another room night just because my flights had to be changed so many times by Delta . . .

1) You are not allowed to check-in until 6:00am 12/1.
2) you are not allowed to sleep in the lobby.
3) You should get a room elsewhere for the night before.
4) Even it turns out to be 4-5 hours.
5) You can't cheat the system.