PDA

View Full Version : The Playoffs!!

Red Randal
09-30-2007, 11:46 PM
So, when I planned this trip the Yankees were like 15 games out and had no chance of making the playoffs...now I'm out of town for the ALCS! I know I'm getting ahead of myself (no offense to you guys in Cleveland) but I need a contingency plan.

What do you guys say? Anyone want to come to ESPN Zone with me after Illuminations to catch the end of the game before going over to Jellyrolls? I know there's some Yankee fans around here. And while we're at it, how am I gonna get scores while I'm at MNSSHP?

BronxTigger
10-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I know there's some Yankee fans around here. And while we're at it, how am I gonna get scores while I'm at MNSSHP?

I like the Yankees but I only have a 1 Day Park Hopper, so you won't find me at ESPN Zone. Are the Yankees playing at The Stadium on Friday night? If so I hope it doesn't mess me up too bad getting from work to the airport (I work within walking distance of The Stadium...game days are "fun" :mad:)

As for scores, can't you phone a buddy to get them while you're at the party? Or have someone shoot you a text message every hour or so? I'm SURE you'll get through this SOMEHOW!

kakn7294
10-01-2007, 01:50 AM
If you have a cell phone and it has internet access, you can check the scores on ESPN mobile on your phone. It's what we do all the time! :blush:

JPL
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Red

I know the feeling when I am sitting home doing nothing tickets never come through for me and now it looks like all the ticket connections are calling :(

Well i guess given the choice I would rather be at WDW than at Yankee Stadium if only by a narrow margin ;)

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!

grego77
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't want to pick a fight, but I can pretty much guarantee there won't be any more Yankee games by the 11th. :D

As for Red Sox games, that's another story! Good thing I have a DVR :mickey:

...in all seriousness, as much of a fan I am of the Sox and all that, just have someone tape the game. You're at DISNEY WORLD. That's just MHO. :party:

BriarRose0708
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't want to pick a fight, but I can pretty much guarantee there won't be any more Yankee games by the 11th. :D

As for Red Sox games, that's another story! Good thing I have a DVR :mickey:

...in all seriousness, as much of a fan I am of the Sox and all that, just have someone tape the game. You're at DISNEY WORLD. That's just MHO. :party:

Get out of this thread!

It's awful that for me the MK takes priority over my Yanks, but I don't know when I can come back to the World, so I'm going to have to say no to ESPN Club. But I have faith that when I get back to my room that night Sprots Center will give me some good news!!

grego77
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
But I have faith that when I get back to my room that night Sprots Center will give me some good news!!

...you may need to "wish upon a star" for that one to happen...

SNAP! :cool:

Oh yes...I DID go there. :thedolls:

Red Randal
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Are the Yankees playing at The Stadium on Friday night? If so I hope it doesn't mess me up too bad getting from work to the airport (I work within walking distance of The Stadium...game days are "fun" :mad:)

I'm SURE you'll get through this SOMEHOW!

The Yankees will not be playing at the stadium on ANY Friday nights until next season, so you're commute won't be ruined on their account. I, however, might have a rough time getting to Philly International if the Phils make it to the NLCS and host game 2 on Friday afternoon. Of course, it's not a flight out of PHL without some headaches and words not fit for Intercot getting involved.

And, honestly, I'm not sure if I'll get through it. ;)

coloradowendyl
10-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I am sincerely hoping that by the time of the Intercot Celebration, we will be looking at Red Sox vs Indians ! Red Sox RULE!

And of course, the Rockies will be playing as well. Tonight will tell the tale!

Wendy
who is really hoping for a Red Sox/Rockies World Series...

Hammer
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I am sure there will be a few of us (um, me :blush:) who will stick there head in at the ESPN club to check out the playoff games.

Oh, and Wendy, I think the Phillies may have a say in what happens to your Rockies (if they get pass tonight)!

Go Phillies :baseball: !!

JPL
10-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I am sincerely hoping that by the time of the Intercot Celebration, we will be looking at Red Sox vs Indians ! Red Sox RULE!

And of course, the Rockies will be playing as well. Tonight will tell the tale!

Wendy
who is really hoping for a Red Sox/Rockies World Series...

I think I need a new Magical Journeys agent ;)

coloradowendyl
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Ummm...rumor has it I am one of the few YMJ agents that can even "talk baseball" lol! That also goes for football, etc. It's not an option in my house for survival purposes!

And, you never noticed in phone calls that I "pahk my cah" lol?

Off to shop FansEdge for a new Sox Tee shirt lol!

Wendy

TikiGoddess
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm with the Red Sox fans on this one... will even be wearing my jersey to MNSSHP. Any baseball fans (even Yankee fans!) come find me, we'll talk ball. :D

TikiG

wdwfansince75
10-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Sorry, Red Randal....IMHO, the Indians will solve your schedule issue by the 8th....Torre will be available when the Braves job comes open.....and Pinella will be available for the Yankee job.

Old Managers never die.....they just destroy another city's dreams!
Sox and Indians....Sox in Six....

Not to worry about Philadelphia International.....there will be no victory party there....

D'Backs and Rockies....D'backs in five

Sox again!....In five!

Ian
10-05-2007, 07:43 AM
As a Phillies fan, I'm afraid I'm going to have to quote the great Jim Mora and say ...

PLAYOFFS???? PLAYOFFS??? YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS????

John
10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
and as dpamac would say - "where's Bake McBride when you need him?"

Jared
10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
So, when I planned this trip the Yankees were like 15 games out and had no chance of making the playoffs...now I'm out of town for the ALCS! I know I'm getting ahead of myself (no offense to you guys in Cleveland) but I need a contingency plan.

What do you guys say? Anyone want to come to ESPN Zone with me after Illuminations to catch the end of the game before going over to Jellyrolls? I know there's some Yankee fans around here. And while we're at it, how am I gonna get scores while I'm at MNSSHP?
I've been having similar thoughts since the middle of August. I plan to find my way to ESPN Club at some point to catch some of the game. Despite the Yankees' poor showing last night, I have confidence they will be playing on Oct. 11, hopefully against Boston.

Ian
10-05-2007, 02:56 PM
and as dpamac would say - "where's Bake McBride when you need him?"If I have to see Jose Mesa's worthless behind trot out there once more, not only will I be calling for Bake to come back and play outfield for us, I'm gonna be longing for the days of Mitch Williams.

:(

grego77
10-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Despite the Yankees' poor showing last night, I have confidence they will be playing on Oct. 11, hopefully against Boston.

...you may need a little extra pixie dust to think that that'll happen! :D

GO SOX!:number1:

Laura670
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
...you may need a little extra pixie dust to think that that'll happen! :D

GO SOX!:number1:

A little extra pixie dust????? LOL .....there isn't enough pixie dust for the Yankees

grego77
10-06-2007, 10:02 AM
A little extra pixie dust????? LOL .....there isn't enough pixie dust for the Yankees

...sooo true! Spoken like a true Sox fan! :mickey:

Jared
10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Well, if Joba Chamberlain can't do it, nobody can. Leave it to a swarm of bugs to help Cleveland at the right moment.

And, not that anybody is surprised, but Alex Rodriguez's entire career legacy is wobbling. If he does not do something on Sunday and eventually leaves New York, arguably the greatest player ever will be known more for choking than his 800 home runs. Every superstar wants to be remembered with a particular ballclub. Well, he's a game away from team No. 4 after alienating fans in Seattle, Texas and New York. Maybe things will be better with Chicago or Anaheim.

Red Randal
10-07-2007, 12:33 PM

I'm sure you're enjoying yourselves, but c'mon Red Sox fans, you OF ALL PEOPLE should know not to tempt the baseball fates.

Red Randal
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
So, yeah, well I don't think I'll be leading the group to the ESPN Zone side trip on Saturday. Any of you Red Sox fans are welcome to do it.

Laura670
10-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, if Joba Chamberlain can't do it, nobody can. Leave it to a swarm of bugs to help Cleveland at the right moment.

I guess you can't blame the bugs now ........:woohoo: GO RED SOX!!!!!!

coloradowendyl
10-09-2007, 10:16 AM
So....who has V-Cast on their cell phone so we can keep up with the scores during MNSSHP?

One step closer to a Sox/Rockies World Series!!

Wendy

Jared
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, I guess my weekend is free. I'd watch every game of both series if I were at home, but I have something better to do.