PDA

View Full Version : AP's & AP discount question...

Dsnygirl
09-30-2007, 08:51 PM
:mickey: My DH and I are considering getting AP's for next year, as we'd like to think about going in both May and December, for a total of about 14 days in the parks. My questions - are the rates due to go up in January, and are the AP discounts worth it? I know they don't offer them as much as they used to, with all the other specials they've been coming out with. I guess I'm just wondering if it is worth it, or if the deals would give us a better discount in the long run. Any thoughts?? :thanks:

DizneyRox
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
If you are getting an AP then get it as soon as you can afford it. Park prices go up with little or no warning. I wouldn't bet against a Lanuary price increase. You just never know.

If your dates are flexible though, the deals they have been offering lately, really are pretty good deals. Tough to beat them, even if you had a stick!

The AP is getting pretty pricey, and the iffy discounts along with what seems pretty regular general public deals makes them not as good of a deal as they used to be. At just 14 days, you might be better off without it.

jray21
09-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I just priced them out on Disney's website and I think it would be much better to get an Annual Pass. Here's the number for two adults, park hoppers (The equivalent to an AP)

AP for 2 Adults - $899

2x7 day PH, 2 Adults (Expiration) - $1056

1- 10 day PH (No Expiration) and 1- 4 Day PH (no experation for 2 Adults - $1414

There are hundreds of combinations you could do but generally if you are going for 10+ days I would do it. Remember you do have some perks like 10% off World Of Disney, some dining discounts (including DDE if you eat out a lot), tour discounts, room discounts (I've always been able to get them) and free parking. All in all it is a pretty good deal. I went a year ago and saved over $600 in dining and room costs so it paid for itself and gave me a little extra.:thumbsup: