PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms in January ........?

AbeeNormal
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
As stupid as it sounds we live in CA. and as lovely as it is it's a little boring:rolleyes: weather wise and I was just wondering if there were any Thunderstorms end of December beginning of January? I would love to see some while we're there. :rain:

Any news on that would be so much appreciated........:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
We were in Disney last January into February and there was a thunderstorm in the middle of the night after our pirate and princess party. In the morning when we awoke we found out there was a TORNADO just about 10 miles outside of Disneyworld. Crazy.

AbeeNormal
09-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Well........ Thunderstorms would be neat but Tornadoes:shake::jaw:..... not so much.

Jeff
09-30-2007, 08:55 PM
We were caught at Epcot on New Years Eve a few years ago in a tremendous thunder storm.

Pipalotta
09-30-2007, 09:44 PM
January is not really the wet season. I went in 2004 and I can hardly remember it raining, Im not sure it did the whole time we were there.

Strmchsr
10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Certainly thunderstorms can occur in January, as they can any month here in the South. During the summer at WDW you get thunderstorms on an almost daily basis due to the seabreeze effect. However, during the winter months like December and January thunderstorms are less frequent as they are associated with a frontal passage. Even if a front does move through you still have to get a particularly strong one in January to get a thunderstorm instead of just a gentle rain. So, possible, but not something I would count on. Plus, if you get a front strong enough for thunderstorms that time of year, chances are you'll be looking at a good potential for severe weather. That's a pretty spectacular show, but not something you want to be caught out in (unless you're a nut like me).

AbeeNormal
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm a nut like you..... Thanks Chris!!!:thumbsup:

bobpfef
10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
We were there for 10 days last Jan and it only rained once during the day, and then just for a few minutes. It did rain some at night, but nothing major

tyandskyesmom
10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey! Don't be wishing that stuff! We will be there the first two weeks of January and we DO NOT want to see one drop of rain! :mickey:

91 MORE DAYS!!!!