PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a last minute trip and how is November??

cal5755
09-30-2007, 07:30 PM
My birthday is friday and my mom asked me what I wanted... I said I wanted to go to Disney for Soap weekend.

My question is... has anyone done a last minute trip and how hard was it? Also has anyone been during Soap weekend.... I am sure it is mega crowded... and last question is the weather to cold for waterparks (are they even open?) in November??

Thanks guys!!

Here we go again...
09-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I have never been there during Soap weekend (that I know of) but have scheduled last minute trips many times. (once over Star Wars Weekend so I know it can be done)
We have also been in November a couple of times and I must say that it is my favorite time of the year. The weather is perfect, chilly mornings and evenings, hot during the day - but not that searing heat from the summer.

Beast_fanatic
09-30-2007, 11:38 PM
As far as the water parks, one will be open and the other will be down for winter maintenance.

This year, Blizzard Beach will be open in November while Typhoon Lagoon will be closed, but that can vary from year to year.

vamaggie
10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Nov is great weather (shorts in day, capris/light sweater at night usually) Last time we went in 04 the kids swam every day. If you are looking to book last minute I'd contact Magical Journeys to help--they seem to be great at getting the best deals.

Mickey91
10-01-2007, 08:45 AM
There are awesome resort rates right now. Check the Disney website for details. But a value resort was like $59 for some dates, I'm sure the other resorts have deals as well. We have taken an impromtu trip in the middle of summer. I have to say it was one of our favorites! No planning and no expectations. Just a great time!!:mickey:

Good luck!!

Jasper
10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I can't speak for Soap weekend but I can speak for November.

November is a great month! The weather is normally VERY pleasant and the crowds are usually reasonable. The only thing I would caution about is going during Thanksgiving. If you are at WDW from the Wednesday immediately before Thanksgiving through the Sunday after Thanksgiving the crowds will be HUGE. However we have often arrived on the Wednesday one week before Thanksgiving and then left on the Wednesday on the day immediately before Thanksgiving and have found it to be great!

teambricker04
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
We have done a VERY last minute trip... during the Christmas season. We got up on a Sat. and my DH had scheduled M, T, and W off work. He had to go to school, but asked me before he left what I wanted to do. Disney, who wouldn't, right? So he went off to school and after he came back and said, "Lets do it."

He called that afternoon and got great rates at Family Suite at ASMu. We flew standby and got on to the first fligh the next morning and were at the parks M and T, and home on Wed. It was the BEST trip we had ever had, even though it was short. Our son (almost 2 at the time) did great.

The only thing? Really not that big of a deal, was the DME was set up the day before so we had to pick up our own bags. Not a big deal at all!!!

I say go for it... it will be a memory of a lifetime!!!

cal5755
10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys!! We did book the trip. We leave November 8th and return November 12th... just me and mom! I am so excited! I can not wait for MGM on the 10th... seing the soap star events should be awesome!

and the countdown begins!!
37 days 13 hours 50 min and 20...19...18...