PDA

View Full Version : car rentals

MinnieMommie
09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I am wondering if some of you rent cars for only part of your trip or for your entire stay? Where do you usually pick up and drop off your car? Do you usually get your car at your resort or airport? What works best for you? Thanks :mickey:

Tinkerbellfan
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
We usually rent a car for our entire trip and pick it up at the airport - that way, we do not have to pay for transportation to get to our resort.

tinksmom02
09-30-2007, 09:27 PM
We usually rent for the length of our stay, as well. We like having the freedom to go off-site if we want. We rent at the airport and return there.

We rented at Hertz through AAA in January and got totally ripped off. We paid a TON for our car, and the Hertz rental site is off-airport (they did provide a shuttle, but still a hassle).

This time around I went with Budget, and i was very pleased with their service. I booked it myself through the internet. They don't require a credit card to book, and I actually changed the reservation at least 4 times as their rates went down. I went up 2 car classes and saved almost $90! Would definitely book through them again!

teamblackwell
09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
On our last trip we rented a car for just one day. We picked it up the the rental company at the Swan resort the evening before and we headed out to Universal Studios the next morning and then went to the Arabian Knights dinner show that evening. We returned it the following morning and caught a bus to MK. Easy, peasy, japanesy.

drhama
10-01-2007, 01:26 AM
I was wondering about this as well. We have always rented for the entire stay or not rented at all. If you have a car, you tend not to use the disney transportation and the boat rides are really nice. For our next trip, I have given my husband a Petty Driving Experience. Not sure what to do about a car on this trip.

TFrauts
10-01-2007, 04:51 AM
We use Enterprise!!! They will pick you up right at your resort! THey were much cheaper than the others that we checked out, and we dropped the car off at their airport location(a few miles away from the airport), and they drive you to your terminal! It beats following all the signs to the correct drop off location in the airport, and then finding your terminal etc!! We would never do it any other way!!

Natazu
10-01-2007, 07:25 AM
We use Alamo. Mostly because their pickup and drop off is right at the airport. You can pull right into the parking garage, leave the car, and walk right in the terminal. We tried Hertz once and had to take like a 45 minute bus ride to the terminal we needed - almost missed our flight.

lindique
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I rent a car for part of my stay and use Magical Express to go back to the airport. (Much less stressful than to have to worry about getting gas and dropping off a car while trying to catch a plane.)

I usually use Alamo or Dollar, but all the major rental agencies have locations somewhere on Disney property, and they will pick you up and/or drop you off at your hotel or the parks. Very easy to do.

Speedy1998
10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Alamo is at the Swan (or Dolphin can't remeber which) and also at the car care center at the entrance to the MK parking lot. If you know which day you want the car make a reservation, and get there early (they send shuttles to all the Disney resorts). This is especially true during the summer when people decide to rent a car to go to the beach for a day.

MinnieMommie
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the helpful information. We've done done trips which were care rentals for our entire stay and with ME for the entire stay. Our upcoming trip will be different for us. We will use ME for the beginning of our trip when we will e staying on property but then will switch over to an off property site for a conference. So we will use a rental for the remainder of the trip and to go back to the airport. Maybe accessing Alamo at the MK or at the Swan will be the way to go. Yes, you all make it sound very "easy peasy" and doable. Thanks again. :mickey: