PDA

View Full Version : You want how many?!

The Flying Dutchman
09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
So the Mrs and I had an interesting experience that I was wondering if anyone else has encountered. We attended MNSSHP on Sept. 21 and decided to purchase the limited edition pins for that night (we love the villains pin!!)
We stood in line (for an eternity) and finally got to the register. The CM that was taking orders asked us how many pins we would like to purchase, to which we answered one of each (villains and mickey 2007 logo.) The CM seemed to be taken back by this small request, and again asked how many we would like. This time I responded, "Just one of each of them. We are only collectors and don't plan on selling them to others."
She just seemed so surprised that someone wouldn't want extra copies. Granted, it seemed like everyone else in line was spending at least $300 on pins (no exageration), but I was curious if anyone else has had this or a similar situation.
:pirate:

RobWreck
09-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone purchasing multiple copies of a pin is looking to sell them to others. Since I can't get down to WDW too often, when I do and see a LE pin I like, or think will be popular, I try to pick up several copies to trade for pins I'm not around to get. Selling pins is probably a secondary reason for purchasing multiple copies... I'd imagine that getting extras for trade purposes is still the biggest reason to get more than 1. Besides, have you checked the eBay pin market recently? It's not nearly as "profitable" as it used to be... alot of auctions close out at sticker price, so unless you've got a cast member discount, you won't be making any money purchasing extras.
Rob
(with a whole big bag of LE's to trade... :) )

JPL
09-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Rob,

I understand what you are saying because I often buy pins for friends who are not at WDW when I am there if I think it is something they would like or something they asked me to get them before I left.

But unfortunately a lot of people do pick up extras of the LE just to sell on Ebay I know it's not a profitable as it once was but people keep on doing it. I have even heard CMs comment about this and it's the reason they put limits on how many you can buy at one time.