PDA

View Full Version : packing water bottles?

DONROCK
09-30-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm thinking about packing bottled water in my luggage. Have you done this and how do you usually stowe them in the suitcase?

vamaggie
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
I have never done this (but I know folks have posted that they have) and would be hesitant to risk it. If you do decide to try it, a few things to consider: 1) make sure you use one suit case for the water alone in case it breaks due to plane pressure (I'm assuming you're flying) 2) If something does break, expect to spend more time waiting for your luggage as they may "Flag it" as a hazzard until they figure out it was water. 3)Make sure you do not go over your airlines weight limit for luggage. It can cost a lot more for extra pounds. Also if weighing at home remember that your scale and the airport scale may not be calibrated.

We are going in Nov (32 days!) and are planning on making a fast trip to a grocery for water and other liquids after we arrive. Less headache IMHO.

one2goofy
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
We have done it for our past 3 trips. My DH laid them in various places in the suitcases, so they were in between clothes. We've never had an issue and it saved us $$!!

Mickey 101
09-30-2007, 10:34 AM
We've never risked it. We bring a suitcase with food items that we use up and then fill with souvenirs for the flight home, but stop at the Walgreens just outside the gates for water, OJ, milk, etc on our way to WDW from MCO.

faline
09-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Most airlines will charge you extra if your checked bag weighs more than 50 pounds so keep this in mind.

You might try using a grocery deliver service after your arrival or shipping the water in a separate package to your resort.

CPT Trips
10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
No need to worry about the pressure . . . the baggage hold is pressurized with the same system as the cabin. But weight is a real issue.

Why not just get one of the small Brita filter bottles and refill as you go? The refills are free and the filter lasts a long time. After just a couple cases of water it is less expensive and, as a bonus, it has a smaller carbon footprint that bottled water.