PDA

View Full Version : Hot tub @ Poly

Dream'nDisney
09-30-2007, 09:01 AM
We are planning on spending our 25th wedding anniversary @ WDW in 2009, and are trying to decide whether to stay at Poly or BC/YC. We love the atmosphere and location of Poly, but the pool and hot tubs at BC/YC are awesome. Our teens will be going with us, and pool time / hot tub time is a necessity for all of us. Will Poly ever get a hot tub? I just don't understand why a delux resort doesn't have one?? I think it would make it the abolosute perfect resort if it did. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
09-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I've never quite understood that myself. As a guest of the Poly, you can walk over to the GF Spa and use the jacuzzi's located in the lounges. Not quite the same as having it located right outside your door though.

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 11:05 AM
We don't get it either. My DH says "haven't we bought the Polynesian a hot tub by now"?;) Its true, what the heck would it take for them to put one in?

Lessie
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I have always wondered why they haven't added one! It's not that expensive and it doesn't take up very much space. My husband is in LOVE with hot tubs and gets in ours every day, and he honestly does not want to stay at the Poly because they don't have one! :rolleyes:

Spaceship Tigger
10-01-2007, 07:25 AM
There should be no problem with space either, since there appears to be plenty of it over by the quiet pool. The Poly has a lot of nice things, but its a little odd that for the cost there's no hot tubs, no playground, and no fitness center.

tikiman
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
The no hot tub was a decision made outside Polynesian resort management at the time. That is why the new GF pool did not have a hot tub either. When they were designing both those pools they felt it was not worth the cost or issues with having a hot tub so they were left out of the plans. Redesigning the filtration system and heater for one at the East Pool (quiet pool) would be very difficult to do (from what the engineers tell me) but they have considered putting it into the new pool. Since occupancy has not suffered and they have been maxed out and even pushing guests to other resorts I doubt anything will get them to add it.

As far as a fitness center the GF fitness center is considered part of the Polynesian also which is why on the Disney Polynesian site it lists a fitness center as part of its amenities. It is actually closer to walk to the GF fitness center for Polynesian guests in Fiji, Tuvalu and Aotearoa than it is for guests of the GF in half the buildings so in a way it is just as or more convenient to the Polynesian guest than the GF guests and as someone mentioned you can use the hot tub there.

As far as the playground is concerned it was removed for the new wet play area when the new pool went in. They felt the wet play area would be more popular.

Aloha

Steve