PDA

View Full Version : I've gone blank, can you help?

Christine
09-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Okay, there's been a lot going on lately and my creativity has hit the skids!

I am doing the fall fest booth for my daughter's halloween carnival at school (that's this Saturday!) My booth is the hula hoop contest. I am decorating the room in 1950's theme. I have some big cut out records to hang from the ceiling, I have a "jukebox" for the kids to put their tickets in, and some 1950's music to play in the background.

But I still need something to put the candy in. I can't think of a bowl or something that would be 50's themed?

Any ideas???

Tick-Tock
09-30-2007, 12:34 AM
Cut a convertible 50s car out of cardboard (two sides) and tape it to the sides of the container.

A bag from a drive-in restaurant.

A drive-in movie popcorn bin.

disneydeb
09-30-2007, 08:41 AM
We just had a sock hop at school and someone there had draped vinyl record albums over round glass bowls and heated them in the oven till the were pliable and shaped them into bowls. Only use albums that are no longer good for music! Good luck!

Dsnygirl
09-30-2007, 10:01 AM
What about some of the old fashioned Coca-Cola themed items? Some of our kitchen stores around here carry the vintage glasses, straw holders, etc., and they may have some bigger items you could put candy in - make it kind-of a "soda fountain shop" theme where the candy is?
Let us know what you come up with - sounds pretty cool already!! :cool:

illini
09-30-2007, 11:53 PM
I immediately thought the same as Deb. The vinyl record bowls are SO cute and really easy to make (I promise!). You can probalby pick up some records at Goodwill for $1 or so. As long as the candy is wrapped, which it surely will be, these will be PERFECT!