PDA

View Full Version : Which Deluxe Hotel?

Deesdisney
09-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I have been looking at the resort maps to find a deluxe that would work for what I need. I am very confused. I am going with my dd 4 and my niece 19. I am looking to buy the deluxe dining and bringing my car. What resort would be better for me to stay where there is not alot of walking to rest. and parking. And they have a sit down rest. for breakfast? I have arthritis and find my self by the end of the day hardly able to walk. I was thinking the cont. or poly but I was told that there is alot of walking to rooms. Please tell me which one you would pick? Also I have been to the AK already and would like something diff.

goofiecrazy
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I think it depends on what park you plan on spending more time at.How about the Wilderness Lodge? Or maybe the Epcot resorts?I dont think you will have a lot of walking at the Contempory since its down to the main building and the one side building.Maybe look into renting a scooter while there.I think the walking would be from the car into the hotel then to your room.Hope this helps and have fun.

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
The Contemporary has a lot of walking if you are in the garden wing. If you can get a room in the tower then there should not be a lot of walking.

The Wilderness Lodge might also be a good option for you.

SBETigg
09-29-2007, 12:59 PM
If cost is no drawback, the Grand Floridian rooms in the main building will involve the least walking. The monorail, bus stops, and several great restaurant options are all in the same building.

Next best, the Polynesian. You can get a room that is close to the Great Ceremonial House and that's not a lot of walking at all. The monorail, bus stops, and restaurants are all at the GCH and though it takes a little longer than walking over to the TTC, you can also ride the resort monorail over to the TTC to grab the monorail to Epcot. The Contemporary tower rooms are also a good choice for easy transportation and less walking.

Sweezy
09-29-2007, 04:09 PM
contemporary tower or Grand Floridian main building seem to be the best options for the least amount of walking...Yacht Club wouldn't be bad either if you can get a room close to the elevators (rooms further down the hall can be surprisingly far away).

wdw_bound
09-29-2007, 05:16 PM
We're going in Dec. with my in-laws. MIL has mobility issues (fibromyalgia, multiple TIAs), and DD9 is a stroke survivor who has very little stamina. We are staying at WL. I'd originally booked CR, but had a nagging feeling (garden wing) that it wasn't going to be just right, so I switched to WL. We have stayed there before and it has been perfect.

Our kids really enjoy MK, which is a pleasant boat ride away. We tend to take our car to the other parks, but I've taken DD to Epcot via the monorail (boat to MK, transfer to monorail to Epcot), and it has been easy.

WL is very compact. We enjoy the lobby and the pool, as well as WCC. Haven't tried Artist Point. You can hop a boat to CR and to Ft.W. (Chef Mickey's, Concourse, HDDR).