PDA

View Full Version : S-o-uth Fl-or-i-d-a!!

PrincessEmmasMommy
09-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Oh My Gosh!! I can't believe we did it!! #18 USF Beat #5 West Virginia Last night in Tampa. I can't wait to see the new rankings!! This is incredible!! GO BULLS!
Jen

chechas
09-29-2007, 08:56 AM
I agree - GO BULLS!!!

kakn7294
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Anyone who beats WVU is good in my book! ;)

Stan
09-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Anyone who beats WVU is good in my book!

You mean like in, "Who's your favorite team?"...
"Dunno, who's playing the Bengals this week?" :funny:

I lived in the 'Burgh- I know how it goes. :D

kakn7294
09-29-2007, 08:53 PM
You mean like in, "Who's your favorite team?"...
"Dunno, who's playing the Bengals this week?" :funny:

I lived in the 'Burgh- I know how it goes. :D
:thumbsup: Exactly Stan!!!

WDWfanatic742
09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I might jump into the bandwagon and join the bulls if the gators don't shape up tonight and start playing like how they usually do...

Dreamer7080
09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
South Florida is ranked #6 in the AP poll!! :joy:
3 ahead of the Gators! :haha: :gator:

I'm road tripping to the next game and missing the next home game because I'll be at WDW. :mickey: But I will def. be wearing my bulls shirt!!! :cheer:

:fball:

PrincessEmmasMommy
09-30-2007, 07:57 PM
GO BULLS!!!

I can't believe we are #6! We are finally the top ranked school in Florida! I am screaming and cheering from New Jersey. We are going to the game at now ranked #21 Rutgers on the 18th though!

WooHoo!
GO BULLS!!
S-O-UTH F-L-OR-I-D-A, South Florida, South Florida, Go Bulls Go!
Jen:cloud9::number1::party:
USF Alumni Class of 1998

WDWfanatic742
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Now here is the big question. If they do win out and either LSU or USC lose a game this year, do they invite USF to the national championship game this year?

Besides Rutgers, there really isn't another good team that they have to play I don't think.

Dreamer7080
10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Now here is the big question. If they do win out and either LSU or USC lose a game this year, do they invite USF to the national championship game this year?

Besides Rutgers, there really isn't another good team that they have to play I don't think.

Hard to say. Honestly, I don't see them going to the National Championship game. Their schedule is not hard enough to go there. They do have a very good chance, however, of winning the Big East and playing in one of the other bigger bowl games.

We have UCF in two weeks. They haven't been doing too bad and I think they will give us a run for our money. It will for sure be a good game not only because they are both good teams, but because of the whole 'War on I-4' thing. Then there is #21 Rutgers the week after UCF, and then we do play UCONN the next week in CT, which while they are not a ranked team, they are right behind us in the division and also undefeated. The week after is the Homecoming game which is vs. #20 Cincinnati, and then the last 3 games are Syracuse, Louisville, and Pitt, which wont be a piece of cake.

murphy1
10-03-2007, 01:55 PM
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a USF grad and so excited about this!!! How exciting first to even finally HAVE a team and now to be doing so well, it's great!!!

Jen-are we like the Intercot USF cheerleaders or what???!!! LOL

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
GO BULLS!! I can't believe #6. Also hard to believe we are the #1 in Florida?!?
Crazy!
GO BULLS!
Jen

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Well, I actually have to say I am a bit disappointed both in their performance against FAU and only moving up to #5. I thought we'd go to #4 with the people losing at #s 2 and 5. Oh well. We didn't play so hot against FAU. We should have blown them away. We better play harder against UCF this week and Rutgers next week or we are in trouble.
I was excited to see Rutgers lose and go unranked tho, as we are going to see the Bulls play there next Thursday night (the 18th). I still have faith!

GO BULLS!
Jen

murphy1
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
The 18th is my 10th anniversary, so that's a good omen! Jen, I just ordered one of those car window stickers. I still can't believe they are #5 now! I'm so proud of them. I need to be reigned in, I am really being too hard on my UF, FSU and Georgia friends that are so plentiful around these parts, but I can't help it LOL. I might even have to wear my USF shirt game days and at Disney in a couple weeks. It's pretty cool (and lucky) they got a local boy who was only 20 minutes from USF to play QB for them. I bet his college life is a lot more plush than mine was ha!

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh my gosh!
#2 in the BCS!
I can't believe it!
Jen

GO S-O-UTH F-L-OR-IDA!!!
GO BULLS!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:party::cloud9::number1:

murphy1
10-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto what you said Jen!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they win on Thurs!! Go Bulls!!!!!!!!!!

WDWfanatic742
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
They definately have their chance at the Championship now with LSU and USC both losing games. Has OSU played anyone good this year yet? I can't remember if they have or not...

murphy1
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
That was a tough game to watch! I'm very proud of these guys, most went to high schools my high school played football against. I was so bummed when they turned over that score of 23 back! They did play well. I really like Leavitt, what a great coach! And a few of our guys up for Heisman is great!

bleukarma
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
We have a few people in my office on suicide watch this morning!! I was hoping they would go undefeated for the rest of the season. Oh well, maybe next game they'll pull through!!!

murphy1
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh my goodness, Amber!!! LOL I think USF fans might be more fanatical than the UF or FSU ones I am friends with!

Scar
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
My apologies in advance…

R-U, Rah, Rah, R-U, Rah, Rah,
Whoo-Raa, Whoo-Raa; Rutgers Rah
Up-Stream Red Team; Red Team Up-Stream
Rah, Rah, Rutgers Rah!!

:D

murphy1
10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
I am so depressed, we fell to 11th!!!!!!!!! Ugh!

Oh, well, I'm going to Disney this week!!!!!:D

PrincessEmmasMommy
10-21-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm kinda confused about how we went to 11 when there are teams with 2 losses above us (Florida) and teams that we beat above us (WVU). Weird! Why haven't the BCS rankings been released yet?

By the way, Scar, Rutgers is only 25th. So even though you and the refs. beat us, we are still ranked higher than you, so ha ha back at you. lol
Jen

Scar
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
By the way, Scar, Rutgers is only 25th. So even though you and the refs. beat us, we are still ranked higher than you, so ha ha back at you. lol
JenDoesn't matter. If both teams win out, Rutgers wins the Big East and goes to a BCS game. USF will have to settle for a lesser bowl.

And the Refs? I hope your not talking about the offensive pass interference near the end. That was the right call. I don't even think Leavitt argued that.

murphy1
11-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Despite a couple of tough losses (with some calls I would argue against!) we're going to a bowl game!!

MsMin
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
I think you've had an incredible year (so far).hoping that the wins keep coming. We know what it's like to be on top and then knocked down. :( We have 3 more big games before I will start to celebrate. The BCS is a pain and I do wish we had a playoff system. There is so much subjectivity in the rankings. :cheer: One bad thing about having a great year is that it won't be long before other other universities start eying up your coach!

PrincessEmmasMommy
11-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I still have some faith left. I am hoping for another win this week. We only have a few left. Hopefully we'll make a bowl too. It's tough seeing teams we have beaten ranked higher than us.
I don't know that Jim Leavitt will go anywhere yet. He built the team from scratch and is a huge member of the USF and Tampa communities.
GO BULLS!
Jen