PDA

View Full Version : Concierge levels

AirlineGuy07
09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
We are thinking about staying on the concierge level on our upcoming trip in May. We can only stay at the AK, Poly, Contemporary, Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Grand Floridian since we are DVC members and we are using points. Any suggestions on which is the best.:mickey:

Sweezy
09-29-2007, 04:12 PM
If the "Main Building" concierge at Grand Floridian is an option, Id go with that. If its "Sugarloaf", id go with Yacht Club. The 5th floor is relaxing and the lounge has nice presentations and atmosphere. The lounge at Contemporary is also very nice as I recall, with a great view. So id narrow it down to those three...

TammiMcMan
09-29-2007, 11:25 PM
The "best" is really just personal choice. YC/BC are towards the bottom of my list. Their lounges are some of the smallest and it can be difficult to find a place to sit. I also don't like the fact that they close up in between all their servings. I felt like I was constantly being asked to leave and come back later. I'd stay at the resort again, because I love the access to MGM and Epcot, but I'd forgo the club level and just book a water view room.

The CR and GF offer concierge on two levels. With the CR, it's the Atrium Club and Tower Club. Both offer nice lounges, with an incredible MK view. On the Atrium level, you can request either an MK or Bay Lake view, but there's no guarantee which one you'll receive. The Tower Club has a small number of rooms available, which can make it feel a bit more exclusive. Most rooms are suites on this floor and the standard concierge rooms only accomodate 2 to 4 guests. Because rooms on this floor get blocked when you book them, you'll know right away which view you have. The GF has the Royal Palm Club and Lodge Concierge. RPC is in the main building. It has a nice big, open lounge which overlooks the main lobby. The views from the lounge are of the GF grounds (no Wishes view, but you can see some of Illuminations). The Lodge concierge is located in the Sugar Loaf building. I describe it more like a cozy bed & breakfast. It's my understanding that this building will be closing soon for renovations and relocating the lounge to a different part of the building. Room views at both RPC and Sugar Loaf are request only. RPC does have some MK view rooms, but Sugar Loaf only offers marina and garden views.

The Poly has a great concierge level. The lounge is spacious and offers wonderful MK views. The only downside to me is that the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony. Upside, is that you can book a lagoon or garden view.

AKL has been undergoing some major renovation and it's affected their concierge level. I believe that the concierge rooms are actually not on the same level any longer, as that floor has been taken over by new DVC units. That aside, it's still a very relaxing location and staying here gives you access to booking a sunrise safari (exclusive to AKL concierge guests).

joanakaylene
10-01-2007, 02:05 PM
I've stayed at the Grand Floridian's concierge in both the main building and in Sugarloaf, both i thought were excellent. My parents also stayed at the contemporary's Concierge and thought it was nice but still prefer to stay at the GF. I think the best part about sugarloaf is that its not that loud, the food is EXCELLENT at all times of day. (goes for both sl and main building...) i always 110% reccomend GF concierge, i don't think there's any other way to go disney. lol..

lockedoutlogic
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
We are thinking about staying on the concierge level on our upcoming trip in May. We can only stay at the AK, Poly, Contemporary, Beach Club, Yacht Club, or Grand Floridian since we are DVC members and we are using points. Any suggestions on which is the best.:mickey:

You are using points to stay at a Concierge? I hope you have points to burn....

If you aren't simply burning off your points...AKV has a concierge as part of their point structure....