PDA

View Full Version : Resort hopping

princessM0m
09-28-2007, 09:59 PM
We are visiting in November :cloud9: and I have booked our first 2 nights at Pop and then 2 more nights at AKL (savannah view), both through AAA. I know that bell services will transfer our luggage, but do I have to go to AKL in person to check in or will they assign us a room (and put our luggage in) and we just go pick up our key when we arrive? We will be at the MK all day on transfer day and I'd prefer not to have to leave and go all the way to AKL in the middle of the day.

LynneM
09-29-2007, 08:45 AM
You need to go to AKL and check in. They won't assign you a room until you do.

Why not go over to AKL first thing in the morning and check in, before you head over to MK? Then you'll have it all taken care of and can enjoy the rest of your day. One of the adults can take a cab over to AKL, check in, catch the bus to MK, and meet the rest of your group there.

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Yes. You do have to check in. We split a stay between AKL and the villas at WL last Jan into Feb. We had bell services tag our luggage, went to Downtown Disney for the morning and then checked into the villas in the afternoon. We then had to wait in our room for bell services to bring our luggage. Its not like Magical express when you check into your second resort. You have to be there to get it.

2Epcot
10-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Many of my stays have been between two different resorts. As other have said, you do have to check in at the resort, but on at least a couple of occasions I've been able to get my room in the morning ... sometimes you get lucky. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-01-2007, 07:50 AM
As stated, you do have to physically check in at the AKL but you can head over there after you are done with the MK, you don't have to leave in the middle of the day to check in.