PDA

View Full Version : Decisions... when to get APs?

teambricker04
09-28-2007, 08:36 PM
We just purchased our APs today for our November trip (hooray!). My husband and I will have to go and redeem them when we get there. We get in on Sunday afternoon, but are not planning on going to the parks until the next day. My question: do you think it would be worth the trip to one of the parks to redeem them the day we get in even though we won't go to the park? Or will it not take very long to do on Monday morning?

Also... I read on the back of the exchange certificate the locations for redemption and it lists all the parks. I have read other people on intercot saying that they can also be redeemed at DTD. Is this correct or should I just go to the park?

TennesseeTink
09-28-2007, 08:51 PM
You can activate your AP at guest relations at DTD. I believe the booth in the Marketplace is by Ghiradelli. If you have booked an AP rate at your resort, you should do this first before checking in.

I think it only takes a few minutes to activate the AP. I could be mistaken about this, in which case someone more knowledgeable will be by shortly to correct me.

faline
09-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Activating the annual pass only takes a few minutes once you reach a cast member. At park opening, there can be quite a line for Guest Relations so getting to the cast member can take a while.

I'd activate them on your arrival date unless it will make a difference to your last visit using the annual passes.

Plus, as already noted, if you have a room reservation with an annual pass discount, you need to have your activated annual pass available at checkin.

teambricker04
09-29-2007, 09:02 AM
We don't have an AP discount, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks for the info... I will probably be heading to DTD the day before to get them taken care of. Funny that it doesn't mention DTD as a redemption location on the tix.

PetefromRI
09-29-2007, 03:07 PM
We just went through this.We checked into our resort first(CBR) and there were no questions asked.In fact I mentioned it first to the CM and she said no problem,maybe I have an honest face.We went into Epcot that afternoon and it took about 3 minutes to activate our passes.