PDA

View Full Version : Nikki and Greg Celebrate INTERCOT's 10th: The pre-trip

BriarRose0708
09-28-2007, 07:11 PM
The cast:
Me (Nikki) aka BriarRose0708
Greg, aka grego77
about 100 of our closest INTERCOT friends!

The Where:
Pop Century

The When:
October 11-14

The Backstory:
Once upon a time, there lived two INTERCOTees. Their names were Nikki and Greg. Way back in May they both planned solo trips to Disney World to celebrate the 10th anniversary of their favorite Disney website, INTERCOT. One day while bored at work Nikki signed on to INTERCOT, and to her surprise there was a PM waiting for her from Greg, asking if she wanted to get together during the trip for meals. Well, long story short, they became fast friends, and soon just sharing meals evolved into spending just about all of their trip together. The end.

The Now-story:
Hi! Nikki and Greg here with our pre-trip report! I can't believe that it's almost here! It seemed like ages ago we were making ADR's and reserving flights, talking to Magical Journeys and changing ADR's around and around. It's less than two weeks out and we are ready to meet some INTERCOT'ers!

The Itinerary:

Thursday October 11
Greg lands at MCO at 9:30am, and Nikki soon after at 10:10am. We're Magical Expressing to POP, checking in (requesting rooms near each other), and heading to the Magic Kingdom, hopefully by noon. Think we can make it? We will spend about an hour there (just long enough to grab lunch, go on HM and something else) and then spend the rest of the day in MGM. Dinner is at Sci-Fi Drive In. Around 8pm we'll play some Fantasia Mini-Golf and head to DTD for some shopping and call it a night.

Friday October 12 (NIkki's favorite Day)
9am Kona Cafe breakfast
Magic Kingdom Morning! We hope to hit all the biggies and Fantasyland
After lunch we're resort hopping to the Deluxes just to take a break from the park and because we won't afford to stay deluxe any time soon.
Meet up with some INTERCOT'ers at the Tambu Lounge for a Lapu Lapu at three, then back to the MK around 4 for MNSSHP. We'll catch some more rides we didn't do in the morning, and then dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30pm.
MNSSHP events and INTERCOT Meet!!!! (Nikki's bringing lots of Glowies)
Stay until close. (that's right, we're commando Disney goers and we like it)

Saturday October 13
at EPCOT by 9am, Soarin' ride meet. Greg will be at the pin trade, and Nikki will do something else before the Three Caballeros ride through. Noon lunch reservation at Coral Reef. Walk around World Showcase for a bit and sample from the F&W fest. 4:50 ADR at Le Cellier for dinner. After dinner (if we don't explode from eating) continue around WS. Then, the moment we've been waiting for, the Illuminations Meet Extravaganza!!!! After Illuminations we'll high tail it out through the International Gateway and take the bus from the Beach Club to MK, which is open to midnight. I told you we were commando.

Sunday October 14
Departure Day, but not before we take on Animal Kingdom. Check out of Pop early and check bags will bell services, then get an early bus to AK. Hit all the biggies in this park- Nemo, EE, Safari, FOTLK, etc. Leave directly after the parade back to Pop. Get bags and drag ourselves on the Magical Express bus. Nikki leaves for Buffalo at 7:40pm and Greg leaves for Boston at 7:55.

We can't wait to meet you all!

grego77
09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Very well written Nikki...and might I add that I also think Friday will be MY favorite day!

What more can you ask for after Tonga Toast, a Lapu-Lapu, a Dolwhip, some down home colonial dining, the NEW and IMPROVED Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic, AND Halloween 3 weeks early *AND I - A 24YR OLD - CAN GET CANDY and wear a WICKED AWESOME costume?!?!!* WOOO!! :mickey::party::mickey:

Might I also add (to our lovely audience!) that I drove 6hrs from Worcester, MA to spend the past couple days here w/you in farm country, NY to see the So You Think You Can Dance Tour :cloud9: AND dish Disney! (It's been a blast BTW! :cool:)

Can't wait for a couple weeks :number1:

Greg :mickey:

Vintage Disney
09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I hope you both have a fabulous time!:coaster: Can't wait to read your trip report.:mickey:

pogo
09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Enjoy ! I hope you have a great time. :D

Mickey'sGirl
09-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I am definitely looking forward to meeting you both!!! Wanna get a :bar: ?

cal5755
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds like an exciting vacation!! I so cant wait to hear about all your adventures and exciting meetings of other intercotees!! Heres knowing you will have a magical vacation!:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Looking forward to meeting you both! :minnie: :mickey3:

BriarRose0708
09-29-2007, 09:37 AM
I am definitely looking forward to meeting you both!!! Wanna get a :bar: ?

You got it Jenn! I can't wait to meet your family!

ChipnDaleGal
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
That is really nice that you two solo trippers have made such great plans to share your time on this trip. See you at the meets! :mickey:

Mousefever
09-29-2007, 06:59 PM
I'll be looking for the person with many glowies! Look forward to meeting you both!
Amy

:dory:

BelleCiavo
09-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Have a great time you guys. I'll be here waiting for your reports... alone... all by myself... waiting.

Karen

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Oooo! That sounds great! I'll live thru you guys! Will there be pictures???

MissStyles
09-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Your plans sound GREAT! I'll see you during all the Saturday activities. CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! :mickey:

faline
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Great plans! I look forward to meeting both of you!

grego77
09-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Oooo! That sounds great! I'll live thru you guys! Will there be pictures???

Of course there'll be pics! :mickey:

vizsla
10-01-2007, 04:17 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

Dsnygirl
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
:mickey: From one Upstate NY'er to another (as well as to you, Greg - we drive through your neck of the woods regularly on our way to Maine and NH... :)) I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!! Glad to see Dan and I aren't the only ones trying to fit an awful lot into just a few days!! Hope your trip is AWESOME!! :D

BriarRose0708
10-01-2007, 12:21 PM
:mickey: From one Upstate NY'er to another (as well as to you, Greg - we drive through your neck of the woods regularly on our way to Maine and NH... :)) I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys!! Glad to see Dan and I aren't the only ones trying to fit an awful lot into just a few days!! Hope your trip is AWESOME!! :D

Hey Blythe! Go 'CUSE! I'm originally from Norwich, about an hour south of you. Can't wait to meet you!

disneydrmr
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Hope you both have a wonderfully magical time!

BriarRose0708
10-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Single Digits guys!!!!

:hatter::mjump::tigger::goofy::donald:

BriarRose0708
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I made it back to Buffalo and drove the last hour to geneseo last night and boy was I pooped! I haven't talked to Greg yet but I am sure he made it back safely as well. Look for our trip and dining reports coming soon, but for now I invite you to peruse some of my pics from the weekend.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/BriarRose0708/Disney%20October%202007/

I miss everyone already!

Here we go again...
10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
I really enjoyed meeting you both. I am still trying to figure out how I missed on the Glowies though...
hhhmmmmm.....
Oh well, Maybe next time.

I am going to try to get my photos on Webshots by Wednesday. Who takes 362 photos in 2 days??????

Mousefever
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Awww! You have some really cute ones of you and my "Goofy" kid! I really enjoyed hanging out with you this weekend. You were such a sweetie to Jacob. (I think he might have a little crush on you!) I haven't even looked to see what pictures I took, but I know I at least have some video of you and Kathy dancing with Turk!

Amy

TikiGoddess
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Okay, okay... how much do I have to pay you to NOT post that video on youtube?

:D
Kathy

faline
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Great pics, Nikki! I'm glad we got a chance to meet!

Mousefever
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Okay, okay... how much do I have to pay you to NOT post that video on youtube?

:D
Kathy

I just found out that I could provide a link to the video on my photobucket account. Let's start negotiating...

Amy