DA: late 40’s

Leaving Today:
DP: Papa – early 50’s
DG: Grandma – late 40’s
DSis #2: 15
DU #2: Uncle Mark (late 40’s)
DA #2: Aunt Sue (late 40’s)
DC: 11

Six of our group is leaving today, and DSis & DBIL left yesterday, so our party size is dwindling. We start out a little later this morning so that those who are leaving this evening have time to pack and check their luggage in at the hotel. Once they’re all set we meet at the Marketplace for a quick breakfast and head back to Epcot to finish Future World. We start with Mission: Space and I gladly sit out. I’ve been on this ride many times before and on our last trip decided it wasn’t for me. The first timers LOVED this ride and said it was the best ride in WDW – even over Everest! I was happy about that for DH because he really enjoys Mission: Space and I’m glad he didn’t have to go by himself. The others had already ridden Test Track the day that DH and I stayed behind at the hotel, so we go to Ellen’s Energy Adventure. Even though I’ve been on this dozens of times, I’m surprised that it’s a 45 minute undertaking. I could have sworn that it was never that long…oh well. DD was amazing throughout the entire ride. I was SO worried that she was going to be cranky and cry since it was so close to lunch, but the large video screens and dinosaurs really kept her interest. When the ride is finished we go to our lunch ADR at Coral Reef. Our party size is smaller, but we still aren’t sitting together. We’re on the top tier and I wish we had been able to get a little closer to the tank, but I still love the atmosphere. Our waitress is incredibly nice and very accommodating. The food is excellent and served to us quickly. It was a great lunch and a nice final meal for the group that will be leaving shortly. After lunch, the group sees ‘Honey, I Shrunk the Audience’ while DH and I take DD on Journey Into Imagination. She also gets to meet Figment and we’re able to take some cute photos. We have just enough time to see ‘Impressions De France’ (my favorite movie in Epcot), and get some shaved ice in Japan before the group has to head back to the hotel and leave for the airport. We say our goodbyes and DH, DD, DA & I stay in Epcot for a little while longer before going back. Once we return to our room DA & I take DD to the quiet pool for a quick swim before our ADR at Jiko. The pool is SO nice and refreshing that I wish we could stay longer. DD is so cute splashing around and kicking her feet – I can tell that she really loves the water. We meet up with DU in the lobby and he drives us over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Although our ADR isn’t until 5:50, we arrive early and are seated right away. I really hope that we can have a quick dinner and make it to Magic Kingdom in time to catch Spectromagic, but it doesn’t happen. Dinner takes a long time but it’s incredibly delicious. Our server is the best we’ve had so far in WDW. He’s very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wines. We eventually made it to the Magic Kingdom and decided to do a couple of rides before Wishes. There was no wait at all for Magic Carpets of Aladdin and I figure that it’s close enough to Dumbo, so DH and I take DD on it. Afterwards we head to Pirates (one of our favorites!) and again, there is no line at all. We literally walk on and take a whole boat for ourselves. It’s nice but a little creepy at the same time to only see empty boats in front and behind us. I guess nearly everyone is watching the parade! We finish just in time to run over to Main Street and see Wishes. I use one of my last snack credits on the way for a Dole Whip – Yum! Our spot for Wishes isn’t the best because there are a couple of trees blocking our view, but the street is so crowded with people that there’s no way for DH to navigate the stroller. We stay put and enjoy the fireworks just the same. As we walk out of the Magic Kingdom to the monorail I sadly think that this is the last time we’ll be here this trip. We’ve had a wonderful time, even in spite of everything that went wrong in the beginning. I love Disney!! *Sigh* Now it’s back to the hotel to pack up and leave in the morning. :(

BronxTigger
09-29-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm glad you were able to have a good time overall even with the troubles you had at the beginning. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed reading the reports.

faline
09-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Watching Wishes is a lovely way to end your trip! Glad you were able to have a good time despite all of the glitches you experienced throughout the trip!