PDA

View Full Version : Septembergirl Family's Pop and FD Vacation - What I learned about my family

septembergirl
09-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I think one of the best things about a vacation as intense as going to WDW is that you tend to learn so much about your family. It is an environment like no other so you get to see a side of people that you wouldn't normally get to observe. Here are some of my observations from this trip. Some were suspicions that have now been confirmed (like # 3) but some came as a big surprise (see # 1 & 8).

1. My DH and I have more stamina than all 4 kids - DS14, DS12, DS9 and DD4.:muscles:

2. DH loved AK after he complained bitterly when I scheduled a day for us to go there.

3. DS12 does not know how to Small Talk. He kept engaging perfect strangers in discussions topics such as our local mayor or the Russian government.

4. DS12 is really afraid of heights. He squeezed both of my hands the entire time we were on Soarin' (although he did get up the courage to ride SpaceM!).

5. DD9 lost some of his wide eyed wonder since our last trip.:sad:

6. DD4 had enough wide eyed wonder for us all.:pixie:

7. I love Crocs after all.

8. DS14 does not mind being alone. He kept wanting to go off by himself to ride stuff.

9. After she gets tired enough, DD4 will actually ASK for a nap.:jaw:

10. I love IASW and so does DH.

11. DS12 doesn't really care for WDW.:jaw::jaw:

12. DS9 is game for anything and everything.

13. I am way more flexible than I get credit for!:blush:

14. DH takes a good 36 hours to get into vacation mode.

15. DS9 loves to give and is truly selfless. He spent the last $17 of his spending money to buy his sister a birthday present.:cloud9:

AbeeNormal
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm glad it was an insightful trip. Kiss that 9 year old for us all. It would be nice to bottle them up at those perfect ages, but I guess that's called life and they grow up fast. It sounds like you all had a great time - I bet the 12 or 14 (sorry):blush: year old DS would not decline a trip back. I can't wait til my boys 6 & 7 ask for a nap in January.....:bored:

Thanks for the fun report!!!:mpumpkin:

cal5755
09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Those are great observations! I had to beg DH to take us to WDW the first time we went as a family... now he can't wait to plan the next trip before we get home from the last one lol.

I am glad you and your family had a good time!

faline
09-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Interesting observations. Thanks for sharing!

mouseketeer mom
09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
September girl,
I loved your insights!
I relate to many of them, especially number 14! My DH too, takes 36 hrs or so to get info vacation mode. Why is that? It drives me nuts!
My kids are 13, 11, and 8 now, so I can relate alot to your other insights too. I can't wait to read more!

septembergirl
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
My DH too, takes 36 hrs or so to get info vacation mode. Why is that? It drives me nuts!

The photopass photographer actually had to get DH off the phone at AK one day to take a picture! Other than that, he really got in the spirit of things after the first day or so:thumbsup:.

I think we need MORE vacations so they'll be more used to being relaxed but I guess somebody has to work sometime to pay for them. We can't spend all our time on Disney websites and forums, now can we:blush:?

mouseketeer mom
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM
The photopass photographer actually had to get DH off the phone at AK one day to take a picture! Other than that, he really got in the spirit of things after the first day or so:thumbsup:.

I think we need MORE vacations so they'll be more used to being relaxed but I guess somebody has to work sometime to pay for them. We can't spend all our time on Disney websites and forums, now can we:blush:?

Oh MY GOD! That is sooo funny about the phone with your DH and the AK photopass person. I think we might be married to the same man! I would love to throw my DH's Blackberry out the plane window before we land so I don't have to see it during WDW vacations. Thats just so wrong! He and that thing are attached, I swear.

ChipnDaleGal
10-02-2007, 08:18 AM
The best part of my Disney trips with my daughter has always been having all that uninterupted time together. I think we all get insights into our family members the way you did with yours while vacationing together. You came home with a good list, except for # 11. Hope he still had fun. :mickey: