PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Everest

DNS
09-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I want to ride this, but I'm not too sure about the part of the ride moving backwards and how much that will bother me. How far do you travel in reverse on this coaster?

ncscgirl2005
09-28-2007, 11:00 AM
That was one of the best parts of the ride. You don't go backwards for too long though. Don't let that stop you from experiencing this amazing ride. You will enjoy it.

Dyanna
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
I too would like to know this as I am not very good on roller coasters especially ones that go backwards. I tend to :ack:

RBrooksC
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh, I won't give away the details of the ride, it is an incredible roller coaster. If you have ridden coasters in the past, including RNRC, this one isn't the same. It is the themeing and story that really adds to the ride.

The backwards part is brief but exhilerating. This coaster isn't a hyper coaster or a mega coaster so don't worry.

However, with regards to theming, storyline, and the design, it is one of my favorite coasters.

disneymom15
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't worry about the backwards part. I can handle it, and I'm not real big on going backwards on coasters. Go for it.

AuntDJ
09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I do NOT like backwards rides but this one is a short period so it didn't bother me. and I have ridden it multiple times..

To each his own so I won't make a blanket declaration that this won't mess with you, but I did fine...

have fun!
DJ

karenrarintogo
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't what others have experienced, but for me, it seemed that the closer you are seated to the front of the ride the less intense the backward ride. This year I was in the 2nd seat from the front; last year I was farther back. The backward part seemed milder this year.
Not sure if it's because I know what to expect now, or if there is some mechanical reason for this.
Nevertheless--so worth trying, even if you are a little uneasy--it only lasts but a brief time, and I've never gotten queasy on it. :thumbsup:

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I would agree with all the previous posts. you have to give it a chance. the backwards ride is over before you realize you are going backwards. I am afraid of heights and at first was seriously thinking of not riding at all because of the steep incline. But am glad that I did ride it . It is my second favorite ride after Rock and Roller Coaster. :mickey::thumbsup:

martinfamily5
09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Can't Wait!!!!!:clappy::clappy:

SBETigg
09-28-2007, 12:57 PM
The whole ride doesn't last long, and the backward part is only a short part. But it did go on longer than I thought it would. The entire experience rates a solid WOW! and you really don't want to miss it. So fun!

lightning jr
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
WOW

EE IS ONE OFF THE BEST RIDES EVER, AS SOON AS YOU STEP INTO THE QUEUE YOU KNOW IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD ONE. SO DON'T LET THIS RUIN IT FOR YOU, IN FACT THIS IS THE BEST PART OFF THE RIDE:cloud9:

DNS
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
I guess I should have said that even the backwards part of Spaceship Earth bothers me. The theming is what makes me want to ride EE though. It just looks so cool. I don't think I can just keep walking by it again throughout another trip!

cal5755
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Only you can decide to try it... but i say go for it... if you dont like it you never have to go on again. The backward part, just as everyone said, is very short. It is an awesome coaster. My dd6 loved it... then again i cant get mom or ds12 to even try it lol.

SAHDad
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
If you look on YouTube, there are some decent videos of the ride, including the backward section. It looks like it's one backward descent, lasting only 10 seconds or so, tops, and the rest seems to be about as wild (or as tame, depending on POV) as Big Thunder Mountain.

disneygirlie11
09-29-2007, 06:53 AM
I don't like the backwards part in Spaceship Earth much either. However, I really like EE. It's quick so it doesn't feel as scary. Also, it's not so steep as SE and I think that is what bothers me. I feel like I'm gonna fall right out onSE!

crltkcagle
09-29-2007, 09:01 AM
The entire ride is really not that long. In fact when i realized it was over i was asking is that it? I want more! The backwards part is great and your NOT going upside down and backwards, it just like driving your car in reverse really fast. :D

#1donaldfan
09-29-2007, 09:18 AM
What a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The reverse part is so cool, but short......if you like rollercoasters you'll love this one. It's not too over the top, no 200 ft drops, just fun, fun, fun......you'll be glad you did it, and sad if you miss it.......enjoy:mickey:

DNS
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the help and encouragement everyone!

Bluesky481
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I'll preface this post with saying...I'm not a thrill ride kind of girl (can't do the big coaster at places like Cedar Point now the way I could in high school).

That being said, EE is my all-time favorite ride. The backwards part is definitely the highlight for me :mickey:. The overall experience is certainly a "don't miss". :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
09-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I have never ridden a roller coaster that went backwards before I rode EE. I was a little worried about it, but that was one of the best parts of the ride. It doesn't last too long. I say go for it!

jiifigment
09-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm one of those people who gets queasy REALLY easily. Especially on an full stomach for some reason. We ate at Mama Melrose this time, got on a bus, walked straight to Everest, walked on, and did it 3 times back to back in about 15 minutes. By the end of the 3rd time I was a little queasy, but it was SO worth it!

I really would be surprised if you got very sick going on this once. It's REALLY such an amazing experience, I wouldn't want to miss it! I definitely vote for try it!

thejens
09-29-2007, 11:57 PM
I have to chime in because I had the same fear before my last trip to WDW and all the intercottees cheered me on. I am so glad I did EE. I loved it. I am not very brave and don't really like TOT and can't get up the nerve for RR. I don't like heights or anything very scary. I loved EE. The backwards part is short and exhilerating. Try it! :thumbsup:

Natazu
09-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Rachel gets kind of apprehensive about new roller coasters. She tried EE with little urging (once she mastered RnRc) and is really glad she did. I say, try 'em all. If you hate it, you can skip it in the future. If you get sick, it may even be worth it. I'd ride EE and RnRc over and over even if I got sick every time.