PDA

View Full Version : sleigh vs wagon ride??

ToDisney
09-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi
We well be at the POR early DEC. I know they have carriage rides there. And Sleigh rides at WL. Do they still have the Wagon ride at the WF? Does anyone know if it rides around to see the campground lights?
Is it a hay ride?
I'm trying to campare and decide which direction to go. Oh, and how late do they run?
I probably need to look up prices and some of this in the info central.
But maybe ya'll can help out with opinions too.
THANKS!!
:mickey:
72 days
I CAN"T WAIT !!!!

doombuggy
09-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I have done the hay ride at Ft Wilderness twice, and the "sleigh ride" at WL once. I would do the hay ride - it was much better and cost less. One of the hay rides we did was in time for the fireworks, so you ride thru the campgrounds, then go to the beach area and watch the fireworks (you can hear the music). We are planning to do this again in early December, but we are hiring a private wagon for a large group (grand gathering). We had gone during Halloween (this was in 2004 when the headless horseman hay ride was cancelled) and it was nice to see all the RVs decorated for the holiday!

We did the "sleigh ride" the following year, and it was a nice ride, and it happened to be cold that night, but for the money, i would do the other.

Have fun!

TammiMcMan
09-28-2007, 02:59 PM
You actually have a couple of choices at FW. The hayrides are offered nightly and they are your least expensive option ($8 or $9 if I remember correctly). Basically, they fill up the wagon and go out twice a night, once at 7pm and the other at 9:30pm. If you're lucky you might catch the MK fireworks. Your other option is to book the carriage ride, similar to what's offered at POR. This will ensure that it's only your group and you can schedule a time that may be better for you.

ToDisney
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
TammiMcMan
Your other option is to book the carriage ride, similar to what's offered at POR.

This is at Fort Wilderness? Do they ride into the campground and see the decorations?:deer: Or is it like the one from Wilderness Lodge that rides back along a dark trail?:scared:
Thanks

TammiMcMan
09-28-2007, 10:14 PM
This is at Fort Wilderness? Do they ride into the campground and see the decorations?Yes and Yes :thumbsup:

ToDisney
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
For the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness, do you call WDW-PLAY for reservations??
Or can you call the same 1-800 number that I had for Dining resverations?? Do you think they would book up? So should I plan to call way in advance?

And Thank you so much,
I didn't know about this and I think the family would enjoy it. What a nice, relaxing way to see the Christmas lights around the campground. And my DD LOVES horses!!
72 days!
:mickey:

TammiMcMan
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
For the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness, do you call WDW-PLAY for reservations??Yes, that's the correct number to call.

Do you think they would book up? So should I plan to call way in advance?They probably won't book up as quickly as the sleigh ride, but depending on when you are going in December, the 90 day booking window may have opened already. I would strongly suggest making a reservation soon, just to have your first choice of date/time. You can always cancel with notice.