PDA

View Full Version : The Office - 2007-08 Season

julyjewel
09-28-2007, 09:24 AM
What did you thik of The office last night? I really like this show but thought some of it was slow moving. I knew Pam and Jim would finally get together but they do it in a very sublte way.

bleukarma
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Loved it and I love this show!! I'm happy Jim and Pam are together. Looks like Dwight and Angela may be over though.

ldn324
09-28-2007, 10:27 AM
DH and I LOVED the show last night! Typical Michael. He's such a drama king:rotfl:.

Awesome that Jim and Pam are together. They make such a cute couple.

Angela is so annoying, but I did feel bad for her when Sprinkles died. Although I think it's funny that she things that Sprinkles won't go to "kitty heaven" if he was euthanized. Dwight was just so....well, Dwight. He's such a jerk, but such an important part of the show.

Andy's bandaging procedure before the race was funny....disturbing...but funny. Hilarious that Toby won the race! And poor Meredith..."it's just Meredith".

Remember everyone, let's win the fight against rabies!!!

Dracula766
09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
HA HA HA

"All my frozen french fries were clawed to shreds"

:rotfl::funny::rotfl:

Mousefever
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I love this show! There is always something that makes me laugh out loud. I'm wishing I could remember what it was last night that I was chuckling over. Can't wait until next week!

:dory:

TTAtravler
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
:number1: I love this show! Not as much as 30 Rock but still one of my faves. I thought last night was great. It looks like the writing is still good. Stanley and Phyllis are my favorites. There were some really funny moments. The talk about religions cracked me up.:silly:
Phyllis -"I am Lutheren and Bod is Unitarian. It keeps things spicy"
Angela-"No wonder the office is cursed!"
Such a good ensemble cast and great writing.

IloveDisney71
09-29-2007, 05:43 PM
HA HA HA

"All my frozen french fries were clawed to shreds"

:rotfl::funny::rotfl:
I love cats - I have 2 - but this cracked me up! You just gotta love that Office humor.

DisneyGiant
09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Jim and Pam are so cute together. Pam's personality is just shining now that she's happy.

You need to watch that show several times sometimes - they hide jokes all throughout.....

I thought it was hysterical when Dwight was contemplating pulling the plug on Meredith - and Meredith waking up, and saying something like "Dwight - leave the plug in."

And what about Andy running directly behind Kevin so that Kevin was blocking the wind? Laugh out loud funny!

Disney Babe
10-02-2007, 02:08 AM
Great show (s)! How about the guys that took the taxi instead of doing the 5K? And they were just sitting on the patio of a restaurant relaxing, maybe even drinking!

TinyTink
10-02-2007, 09:15 PM
This is probably my favorite show on televison right now! I love it!! Yeah, I think that there are 'hidden' jokes too, that after watching it a few times you catch on to. The dialouge is so great; the writing is amazing. Michael Scott is so inappropriate at times, like when he layed on top of Meredith in the hospital, but so funny. I can't wait to see what this season has in store!!

poeticeclipse
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm such a huge Office fan that it's sick. Disney comes first and Office comes second.

The premier of season four was, as Kelly would put it "Amaazing." It got me totally pumped for the rest of the season. The first four episodes will be an hour long!! If you're really into the show you should check out Office Tally. That's like my Office bible.

I'm super happy to see Pam and Jim together... boy do I love JAM. Or as Kevin calls it, PB & J. It's nice to see Pam truly happy for once. And Jim seems to be just beaming with joy as well! I'm sure Karen will be back at some point to spice things up. I hope she doesn't stay too long. I just don't like her.:mad:

Angela losing Sprinkles was sad but I did love when she was showing the pictures of the two of them together and she said "Just a couple of kittens out on the town." I don't think that Dwight and Angela will break up because they are such a fun couple to watch. And if they do break up ... Dwight will win her back.

I'm slightly worried that the rest of the season will be shot out of the office itself. I really love interoffice things and when you take the group to different places it takes away the fun of having them all together at work.

Fav quotes from Fun Run:

Michael: I did not get the job in New York. But I got the real prize — domestic bliss.

Angela: There’s bad blood. Jealousies, cliques.

Dwight: She’s in a better place. Actually, the place that she’s in is the freezer. Because of the odor

Pam: Yeah, I gave him a ride home because … we’re dating.
Jim: Wow. There it is.

poeticeclipse
10-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Anyone out there ready for a great fourth season? The first episode was great and was a perfect start to what I hope is the best season thus far.

From the looks of the promos and new episode outlines, Ryan is going to shake things up being MIchael's new boss and all. Michael will continue being "Michael" and will have to juggle being in a live-in relationship with ex-boss, Jan. Kelly is doing everything in her power to get Ryan back... including pregnancy? Angela and Dwight may be on a rocky road from here on out. What with Dwight killing Sprinkles and all. Never mess with Angela! Who knows, maybe Andy will try and sweep Angela off her feet. Creed will be weird as ever and the team of accountants will continue to investigate the interworkings of the office as a whole. Finally, Jim and Pam are finally together and i'm sure will bring many laughs and tears to everyone. Can you say "awwwwww!":cloud9:

If you're as big of an Office fan as I am and you live near Scranton, go to the Office Convention at the end of this month!! So far 9 cast members have been confirmed to make appearances. I would go but I can't get off work. Grr....

bleukarma
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I would love to go to The Office convention!!!

I don't know if all the Target's are doing this, but my local Target has tons of Office stuff in their .99 cent bin (the ones that you see when you first walk in the door). I bought some and decorated my cubicle with it! I'm drink my coffee out of my "I love Jim" mug (only $1!) and I have magnets all around my cubicle. They also have pens and notepads and post-its. I bought some stuff to make my brother a Christmas present with since I also got him into The Office.

I hope this show never goes off the air! It will be a sad day for me!!!

poeticeclipse
10-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I would love to go to The Office convention!!!

I don't know if all the Target's are doing this, but my local Target has tons of Office stuff in their .99 cent bin (the ones that you see when you first walk in the door). I bought some and decorated my cubicle with it! I'm drink my coffee out of my "I love Jim" mug (only $1!) and I have magnets all around my cubicle. They also have pens and notepads and post-its. I bought some stuff to make my brother a Christmas present with since I also got him into The Office.

I hope this show never goes off the air! It will be a sad day for me!!!

I KNOW! I traveled to a Target an hour south of where I live to find the stuff but they didn't even know what I was talking about. Then I drove an hour north of where I live the next weekend and found everything! Except the "I heart Jim" mug of course! Grr... but I bought about 13 dollars worth of stuff!

Tinkerbella
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Hahaha, I LOVE Dwight. He's such a jerk but he's so funny. I loved how he kept saying 'I'm a farmer'. Too funny 'I put sprinkles in the freezer'. Hahahaha!

However, my favorite episode was the one in which Jim dresses up like Dwight and mocks him. Then Dwight does a terrible impression! :thumbsup:

Great show! I'm happy for JAM too!

baldburke
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
I just got done watching the second episode and agree. The past two weeks have been too long as an hour each. I think they do better with a short story that is done in 22 minutes. It was very slow moving. I thought I heard somewhere that the first four episodes were going to be an hour long. I hope I am wrong because I miss the half hour shows.

30 Rock, however, hasn't missed a step. They were right on the money. Tina Fey is a genious.

ldn324
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I love the hour long episodes. The Office and ER are the only network shows I watch, so it's nice to sit back at 9:00 and relax for the next two hours.

Last night was funny as ever. Dwight with "Garbage" the cat, Toby insisting that PB & J didn't need to sign the relationship disclaimer since it was just a "casual thing" and perhaps the funniest one - "WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!?

There was a story on the local news at 11 about the cab company that picked up Michael & Dwight. It's a real company in Scranton. And the golf course, Lake Scranton, Route 307 - all real places and all geographically correct. Sorry, but living so close to Scranton it's just really neat to see real things being depicted. DH and I sit and try to pick out things like that :blush:.

Boy did Ryan turn into quite the power-charged jerk. Kinda good for him though since he was treated so badly as a temp. Anyone else get the idea he would not be as interested in Pam's designs for Dunder Mifflin Infinity since he found out she's off the market? And didn't you just love that cute look on Jim's face when he said "well, I guess Ryan can't have any girl he wants".

bleukarma
10-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I just went to the Dunder Mifflin Infinity site and submitted my application for the Clearwater, FL branch. Whoohoo! I can't wait to start doing my tasks and earning Schrute bucks!

poeticeclipse
10-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I just went to the Dunder Mifflin Infinity site and submitted my application for the Clearwater, FL branch. Whoohoo! I can't wait to start doing my tasks and earning Schrute bucks!

Awesome! I'm a working employee of the Fort Myers, FL branch. We vote on the first task tonight! Our new task is making Creed young. haha!

Disney Babe
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Does anyone else picture Eeyore when Creed talks? Or is it just me?

ldn324
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
At first, I sat speechless. Then I laughed until I cried at the opening of last night's episode where everyone was in the board room waiting for the DVD box on the screen to hit exactly in the corner. :rotfl:

I TOTALLY do that when that box is jumping around on my TV screen. It's almost an obsession and I can't disturb the screen until the box hits the corner. I thought I was the only one!

Oh my goodness - Michael holding that poor pizza delivery boy for ransom. Kelly ordering Dunder Mifflin paper from the internet because "you can drag it and put it in your little cart". And when Michael and Jim are driving into the city, Michael reads the address and Jim asks "Does the address have a www in front of it?"

This is a funny, funny season!

amd780
10-14-2007, 01:20 PM
At first, I sat speechless. Then I laughed until I cried at the opening of last night's episode where everyone was in the board room waiting for the DVD box on the screen to hit exactly in the corner. :rotfl:

I TOTALLY do that when that box is jumping around on my TV screen. It's almost an obsession and I can't disturb the screen until the box hits the corner. I thought I was the only one!

:ditto: DH laughs at me for this. :) I was so surprised to see it on Thursday's episode!

The Office is definitely my favorite show on the air right now. I'm a receptionist in a plumbing fixture showroom, and I always joke with my coworkers that someday I'm going to answer the phone with "Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam!" lol :D

Disney Babe
10-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Does anyone else picture Eeyore when Creed talks? Or is it just me?

Okay, I had the names mixed up! It was Stanley I was thinking of.

So, how did everyone like last week's show with the bed and breakfast and Michael's freak out? It was a good show, but not as light hearted as usual. I thought about Michael and Jan for a couple of days afterwards, so I guess I just might be too into The Office - but isn't everybody? I think they should have Jan apply for unemployment and then go through a change where she gets a job, but becomes a very kind boss since she will learn some sensitivity during her unemployment trials. It might be funny to see her become maybe too sensitive and kind to subordinates.

Well, one more night to go to this week's The Office! Yay!!!

ldn324
10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
So, how did everyone like last week's show with the bed and breakfast and Michael's freak out?

Go to Trip Advisor and search on "Schrute Farms". Pam's trip report along with almost 300 others are posted there! It's hilarious. Angela even made a report :D.

Gosh, I felt really bad for Michael having to work the telemarketing job to pay his bills. He's so scared of Jan...it's really kind of sad. PB & J were great, as usual. I love how they pick on poor Dwight so much but when he really is down and needs a friend, they always look out for him.

The Office convention is this weekend - starting tomorrow. I only live about 45 minutes from Scranton but I can't go. I hope it does well though and that they do it again next year.

NJDad
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
More on that Scranton convention: Al Roker was suposed to do his Today show bits from there tomorrow AM, don't know if that's still planned due to the breaking news needs (California wildfires?)

Dracula766
10-26-2007, 05:42 PM
oh man. Dwight looks miserable. I started feeling pretty bad for the guy. It's a really crummy feeling knowing that someone else is trying to move in on your girl when there are still mutual feelings.

He needs to quit with the second second life and patch things up with Angela :thumbsup:

Disney Babe
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Go to Trip Advisor and search on "Schrute Farms". Pam's trip report along with almost 300 others are posted there! It's hilarious. Angela even made a report :D.

I'm a member of Trip Advisor and often post on some of the forums. One of those reviews is mine! It's one of the early ones.

Tinkerbella
01-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I am so sad that the strike has lasted as long as it has. I am going through some serious 'The Office' withdrawals! :sad: I miss Dwight, Jim, Pam, Michael, Angela and everyone else.

My poor Seasons 1-3 DVDs are taking a beating from the amount of times I've played them. Oh, how I wish this strike would end!

Meagan

I feel better after whining a bit...hehe