DU: early 50’s
DA: late 40’s
DP: Papa – early 50’s
DG: Grandma – late 40’s
DSis #2: 15
DU #2: Uncle Mark (late 40’s)
DA #2: Aunt Sue (late 40’s)
DC: 11

This morning we have another early breakfast at Kona Café. We’re seated right away and I order the delicious Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes again while DH enjoys the Tonga Toast. We finish up just in time to go to the Magic Kingdom for the opening ceremony. Our original plan was just to go straight to Epcot from Kona, but since we were rained out on Thursday night the first timers didn’t get to do any shopping. They also wanted to go back and do Buzz Lightyear & Stitch. We spend a good hour and a half wandering up and down Main Street looking in all of the shops. I love Main Street…I especially love when we’re not in a rush and we can just relax and take everything in. When we’re finished shopping most of the group goes into Stitch’s Great Escape. I have no interest in that ride so DH and I sit it out and have a quick snack. DC loves the ride (she’s a huge Stitch fan) while the others quietly admit that it’s the worst ride they’ve been on so far. Afterwards we do Buzz before heading out & DC makes a quick stop at the hat shop on Main Street to get her purple Tinkerbell Mickey Ears embroidered with her name. We hop on the monorail to the TTC and cross over to the Epcot monorail. We ask if DA #2, DU #2 & DC can ride in the front car and they love it!! Once we get into Epcot we head over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Everyone really enjoys this ride and DD points at all of the fish. We then go to Turtle Talk with Crush but DD is hungry for lunch and starting to get cranky. DH and I end up having to take her outside and feed her. Since we’ve been on this trip she wants to eat less and less of her baby food. She prefers for us to give her some of our food but I’m SO worried that she’s going to choke. DD will be 11 months old tomorrow and she only has one little tooth that still hasn’t come all the way in yet. I guess I have to start giving her real food at some point, teeth or not. The rest of our group joins us outside and everyone heads over to La Cantina De San Angel for lunch. While we’re in Mexico we do the boat ride (DD loves it) and look in the shops. Mexico is one of my favorite pavilions because it looks so cool inside! We then decide that instead of going back to finish Future World, we’ll go around the World Showcase and finish the rest of FW tomorrow. We visit Norway and go on Maelstrom with one of the longest waits I’ve ever seen for this ride. I love the shops in China and we grab a front row seat for the Chinese Acrobats. After Germany we stop to watch the World Showcase Players in Italy and DG (my mom) gets chosen to be in it!! The show is hilarious and my mom is SUCH a ham (which makes it even better)! We skip the American Adventure show because we have reservations at Le Cellier very soon. After looking at the shops in Japan we run over to Canada for our ADR. Although we check in a few minutes early they don’t seat us until about 40 minutes after our ADR, but at least we’re sitting together. The food is delicious but the service is terrible. It takes FOREVER to get anything and we have to ask repeatedly for pretzel bread for poor DD who is starving and rejecting her jarred sweet potato and chicken dinner. DH isn’t feeling well so we go back to the hotel after dinner. I’m not sure what’s wrong with DH but he’s having hot & cold flashes, is very nauseated and has a low fever. I really hope he feels better by tomorrow because I wanted to try the Little Ones EMH at MK again since it rained last time.

faline
09-29-2007, 07:55 PM
A nice, relaxed visit to the Magic Kingdom! Can't get better than that!

Sorry your husband isn't feeling well!