PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Questions

TBlount
09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. Moderators feel free to move if needed. I posted in another forum but got only 1 reply, so I thought I might get better results here.

My family and I are Disney AP holders who travel to Disney every chance we get. We have recently been for 10 days in May and 5 days in August. We are planning a trip Dec. 29-Jan. 6 as none of us has ever been during New Years (even though this will be my 50th trip to Walt Disney World since 1974).

We are not sure which park has the best fireworks for New Years Eve. I know Animal Kingdom does not have fireworks. What are the NY fireworks at Disney Studios? Is there a "ball drop" at any of the parks? Any info from some of you who have been will be appreciated. I read Intercot trip reports, etc. at least 2 times a day and love finding out what all of you do on your vacations, what you like that we like, etc.

faline
09-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Here's some general information about the celebrations.

New Year's Eve (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/newyears/default.asp)

I've never been over this holiday so don't have any personal experience. I do understand that you need to choose the park you want, arrive early, and plan to stay for the duration as the parks do tend to reach capacity and close on this day.

I'd be torn about which park I wanted to view fireworks at!

Jeff
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
We are often at WDW for NYE. It is a lot of fun. The crowds are incredible but, for my family, that is part of the fun and festive atmosphere.

We have been to MK, Studios, and Epcot. Epcot is our favorite. My daughter and friends like the different "dance" areas. Although there is no "ball drop" they do show NYC on a big screen. They "celebrate" in each country as it turns midnight in the "real" country. The fireworks in the above 3 parks are all incredible though - if just going for fireworks you can't go wrong with any park.

As Faline said, get to a park fairly early and be prepared to stay all day as they do fill up.