PDA

View Full Version : pixiegoose and The Flying Dutchman's Escape to the World- Day 1

pixiegoose
09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Sunday, September 16 – Day 1 of 8

The players:
me (pixiegoose)= Kara (23)
DH (The Flying Dutchman)= Tony (25)
with special guest appearances by-
Jon= Tony's older brother
Tanya= Jon's wife

The day starts early- the alarm goes off at 3:15 am so we can get to the airport to catch our 7 am flight. We get there about 5:30 and the length of lines is ridiculous- we only need to check our luggage, as we did online check in, but it still takes at least 15 minutes. As we wait, I notice a lot of yellow DME tags around us and have a feeling that we are going to have lots of company on our flight. We finally get through security and we find lots of fellow Disney travelers at our gate.

Our flight leaves on time and we are at the DME desk at MCO by about 9:15. 25 minutes later, we’re on our bus, heading to Pop. We’re the first stop and then there will be stops at CSR and AKL. We head to check in and are surprised to find out that our room is ready. With our keys to the world in hand, we head to room 9119 in the 80’s section. As we approach, I spot something in the window- it’s a towel animal! Yay! It’s a sheep, which I’ve not seen before. We drop our carryons off and then head to the bus stop. MK, here we come!

We have to wait through 2 busses before there’s room for us, something that we will find to be a common occurrence with Pop busses. We’re at the park by 11:30 and head off to Haunted Mansion. Except that we then get sidetracked by characters. We eventually make it HM and we love the changes! We then head off to Adventureland and pick up fast passes for Jungle Cruise before heading to our favorite, Pirates of the Carribean. The wait’s not long and then we head back to JC to use our FP. We then decide we need a treat- DOLE WHIPS! Oh, how I’ve missed them.

We meet up with Jon & Tanya in front of the castle and then head off to Fantasyland. We get sidetracked by Cinderella’s stepsisters who end up serenading Jon & Tanya with “Happy Anniversary”. Eventually, we make it to Mickey’s Philharmagic and we all enjoy it. Jon & Tanya then head off to their lunch ADR at Crystal Palace. DH and I head off to It’s a Small World, the classic that must ridden at least once each trip. We make a stop at Peter Pan to get FPs (is there ever not a line for that ride?). After IASW, we head off to Space Mountain. Yay for roller coasters in the dark! We decide to give Stitch’s Great Escape a try and we now agree with the majority of Intercotees that it’s a no-go. It’s starting to really look like rain so we rush back to Peter Pan with our FPs. I love that ride!

Our ADR is getting closer, so we head off to Main St to look in the stores. It then starts pouring and we’re glad we’re inside. We decide to check in about 20 minutes early for our Crystal Palace ADR and end up waiting about 25 minutes on the porch, trying to stay dry. The meal is a disappointment and we do not plan on returning to Crystal Palace anytime soon. The food was okay but we were repeatedly skipped by characters, even after we spoke with someone about it. A word to the wise- ask to not be seated on the left hand side of the restaurant in the back corner with the windows overlooking the First Aid station- that's where we and the 2 tables behind us kept getting skipped. Our table and the 2 behind us were continually skipped by characters. Our server gave us 3 free use FPs for the MK for the next day, which we end up not using since we are not in MK the next day but the thought was nice.

After the disappointing meal, we get our EMH bands and meet back up with Jon & Tanya. We try out Caroseul of Progress, since 3 of us had never been on it. The boys hate it, Tanya loves it, and I appreciate it for the classic that it is. We grab FPs for Space Mountain and then decide to try out Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. That ride is so much fun! 4 20-somethings had looooooots of fun shooting things! Next stop, Tomorrowland Transit Authority- the boys were surprised to find they actually like it. Back to Space Mountain with our FPs and then we head off to Frontierland.

We grab FPs for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and then Tanya suggests Splash Mountain. We walk on and 3 of the 4 of us get soaked. We all blame the driest one (Tanya) since it was her idea to go on it. Back to BTMR with our FPs. After, we decide we need more treats and pick up some Dole Whip Floats. About 10:30 we decide to head out, since we’ve all had a long day and we have a busy week ahead. We head to our bus stops (us- Pop, them- POR) and we proceed to wait ½ hour for a Pop bus with room for us. The line was absolutely ridiculous, with no organization and lots of cutting in line.

When we finally get back to Pop, we stop by Everything Pop to get our refillable mugs and quickly scout out the place. We get back to room 9119 and unpack, shower and then head to bed. It’s already after 12:30 and we want to be at AK by 7:30!

faline
09-28-2007, 05:49 AM
What a long day you had! You must have really been tired by time you got back to your room!

Ruprect
09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
We have to wait through 2 busses before there’s room for us, something that we will find to be a common occurrence with Pop busses.

What's funny about this is that we were at POP at the same time (14th-22nd) and had ridiculous luck with buses for at least the first 6 days. It was uncanny how a bus would already be there or would be arriving when we got to the stop. I don't think we waited more than 5 minutes for a bus until our last night Downtown Disney fiasco. What a mess that was!

I bet we saw you there. Hope you had fun.

ChipnDaleGal
10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Pretty good first day! You must have been asleep as soon as your heads hit the pillows after such a long day! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a very long and good day.

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: