PDA

View Full Version : Observations...

Marker
09-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I just returned from WDW, spending 4 wonderful nights and having a super time.

However, I have a few observations to relate from time spent in the parks. Nothing huge or earth shattering. Nothing to cause any grief, just observations.

-- If you're driving a motorized cart, please don't drive up the back of my leg because it hurts.

-- Also, it doesn't seem right to me some folks in motorized carts seem to expect the walking traffic to part so you can zoom through, I understand you are inconvienced and must ride the cart, but to me you should still go with the flow rather than attempt to force your way through. I really am walking as fast as I can due to the fact that there is someone in front of me, and someone in front of them, and so on.

-- If you are about to load onto Splash Mountain, should you really be concerned with getting rained on while loading, I mean, you're going to get wet anyway. Actual exchange over heard-- CM -"Maam, step on up to the line", Lady - "But I'll get wet", CM - "Maam, it is a water ride".

-- If, while waiting to board Peter Pan's Flight your child excitedly proclaims "We're going on a boat! We're going on a boat!", is it really necessary to correct him with "No!!! It's not a boat, it's a ship". Excuse me, but isn't a SHIP a BOAT????? Is it really THAT necessary to prove the child wrong?

-- I think a whole lot of frustration could be avoided if people simply 1) looked where they were going when they walked 2) moved out of the way when they stopped 3) and were ready to order when it's their turn.

-- I am often amused by the people who force their way to the doors in a shows pre-show so they can be first through the doors, only to stop half way across the row to sit down, and then refuse to move. If you are that determined to sit in the middle, why bother to be the first through the door.

-- I always feel bad for children being forced to "have fun" well beyond their tired limit for the day, especially during late Extra Magic Hours. Sure, they're spending more time in the park, but are they really having more fun if the kids are cranky and crying, and the adults are yelling at the kids.

-- If my experience is any indication, I think if it weren't for Boston, New York, and the Great Britain, there wouldn't have been very many people at WDW last weekend.

-- Of all the rides to get stuck in, The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh is the only one that results in saying "I got stuck in Pooh".

-- I've never seen so many "Training" busses in all my trips as I saw last weekend.

-- I wonder why people bother saying "Sorry" as they are cutting in front of someone, if they were really sorry, why did they do it?

Just observations.... I had a GREAT trip.

dolphinmickey9170
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm so glad you had a great trip.

I totally agree with you about the EMH FUN?!? or lack there of. If you kids are tired, what is the point? They are miserable, the parents are miserable. Just give it up and take them to their bed. Let them sleep. Next time, just take a mid-day break and then go back and enjoy. Maybe fun would be had by all instead of yelling and screaming and crying and fit pitching.

Love the "Pooh" comment. Too funny!!:cool:

cal5755
09-27-2007, 09:55 PM
ALAS I did not get "stuck in pooh" :funny:
We did get stuck in snow white... we found out an elderly woman fell getting off her moving cart. She was fine and refused a wheelchair. We also had to walk off test track.. that was very funny and lots of fun.

I hear you on the EMH too... we only stayed an extra hour..if that.. on MK EMH cause we were all beat. To my surprise the kids didnt protest us adults wanting to go back.

Ok it does kill me that people go on raft rides and SM with ponchos on lol. The whole point is getting wet and cooling off. No offense to anyone here who does this but I can not help but chuckle.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip... we enjoyed ours too... oh and BTW when we were there... we met a million people from either Boston or MD or NY. I was born near boston and now live in MD lol... we thought it was kinda funny.

nicole48040
09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
May I be SOOO lucky as you. I hope when we go, that the parks are filled with English speaking people too. I'm not against foreigners or anything, I just want to be able to tell someone to not push in front of my children, or lean over my table , or step directly into my picture because they won't wait their turn. I'll take a New Yorker with an attitude anyday, over someone who I can't communicate with (although I think my facial expressions say it all...they just don't seem to care :mad:)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
I'll take a New Yorker with an attitude anyday
Not everyone from New York has an attitude.
:shake:;)

Mousefever
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok it does kill me that people go on raft rides and SM with ponchos on lol. The whole point is getting wet and cooling off. No offense to anyone here who does this but I can not help but chuckle.

I'm not offended. But it's no fun being cooled off and wet the evening of January 1st. Besides, it was already raining so the ponchos were already on. I know it's a water ride, but the theming is sooooo good on Splash that I hate to miss it just because it's a chilly evening! (It was down for rehab the following day.)

Stuck in Pooh! Hee, hee!

:dory:

IloveDisney71
09-28-2007, 07:42 AM
...-- I am often amused by the people who force their way to the doors in a shows pre-show so they can be first through the doors, only to stop half way across the row to sit down, and then refuse to move. If you are that determined to sit in the middle, why bother to be the first through the door.
This is SO true!
I just hate to have to crawl over people or maybe "accidentally" step on their feet or bump into their knees to get to an open seat. :secret:

ariel03
09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
-- I've never seen so many "Training" busses in all my trips as I saw last weekend.

I know I was there last week and those training buses where everywhere. Hopefully that means there will be less transportation issues later. I had to many on this last trip.

bleukarma
09-28-2007, 08:03 AM
-- I think a whole lot of frustration could be avoided if people simply 1) looked where they were going when they walked 2) moved out of the way when they stopped 3) and were ready to order when it's their turn.

This is a big pet peeve of mine! I don't understand why people just stop instead of moving over out of the way of other people first! This happens a lot at the mall. Tons of people get to the bottom of the esculator and stop, like they are the only one's there and they are totally oblivious to anybody behind them. It takes no effort to step 2 steps to your right before you stop first!

Tygger7
09-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I just returned from WDW, spending 4 wonderful nights and having a super time.

However, I have a few observations to relate from time spent in the parks. Nothing huge or earth shattering. Nothing to cause any grief, just observations.

-- If you're driving a motorized cart, please don't drive up the back of my leg because it hurts.

-- Also, it doesn't seem right to me some folks in motorized carts seem to expect the walking traffic to part so you can zoom through, I understand you are inconvienced and must ride the cart, but to me you should still go with the flow rather than attempt to force your way through. I really am walking as fast as I can due to the fact that there is someone in front of me, and someone in front of them, and so on.

-- If you are about to load onto Splash Mountain, should you really be concerned with getting rained on while loading, I mean, you're going to get wet anyway. Actual exchange over heard-- CM -"Maam, step on up to the line", Lady - "But I'll get wet", CM - "Maam, it is a water ride".

-- If, while waiting to board Peter Pan's Flight your child excitedly proclaims "We're going on a boat! We're going on a boat!", is it really necessary to correct him with "No!!! It's not a boat, it's a ship". Excuse me, but isn't a SHIP a BOAT????? Is it really THAT necessary to prove the child wrong?

-- I am often amused by the people who force their way to the doors in a shows pre-show so they can be first through the doors, only to stop half way across the row to sit down, and then refuse to move. If you are that determined to sit in the middle, why bother to be the first through the door.

-- I always feel bad for children being forced to "have fun" well beyond their tired limit for the day, especially during late Extra Magic Hours. Sure, they're spending more time in the park, but are they really having more fun if the kids are cranky and crying, and the adults are yelling at the kids.

-- If my experience is any indication, I think if it weren't for Boston, New York, and the Great Britain, there wouldn't have been very many people at WDW last weekend.

-- Of all the rides to get stuck in, The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh is the only one that results in saying "I got stuck in Pooh".

-- I wonder why people bother saying "Sorry" as they are cutting in front of someone, if they were really sorry, why did they do it?

Just observations.... I had a GREAT trip.

That...was...AWESOME!!!!! :rotfl::funny::rotfl::funny:

disneydrmr
09-28-2007, 08:32 AM

:funny::laughing:

Glad you had a good trip! Great observations! Thanks for sharing them!

Ian
09-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Great post, Marker! Thanks for the chuckles!

gueli
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Great post-
My wife had someone in a electric cart run up her leg, then get mad that she was 'in her way'.
I do wonder though, as they are motorized, if you get hit and hurt by one...ah lets not go there...

Stuck in pooh - sounds like a mike rowe comment from dirtiest jobs- thanks for the lol

We too had a great trip-
Smiles & happy thoughts to one & all
gueli
:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-28-2007, 10:14 AM
GREAT post and SO many chuckles!!

One thing though.......I hate the "stroller people" that clip your heels continually as you try to peacefully walk down Main St at the end of the night........I had the same woman clip me three times and my son twice in a 30 foot space!!! After the third time she clipped me I asked her if she could please pay attention she was hurting me and my son -- she just looked at me like I was the one in the wrong!:mad:

This is coming from a former "stroller person" myself......

irish1967
09-28-2007, 11:53 AM

:mickey:Just spit coffee all over my laptop screen!

Also - first thought, "Dirty Jobs" with the stuck in Pooh comment!

Glad you had a great trip!

disneycouple2004
09-28-2007, 12:42 PM
AWESOME POST...:thumbsup:

I had a lady run up my leg 3 times with her motorized cart...i told her please slow down that really hurts...and that was the first time...after the 3rd time, i spun around really fast and took the key out of her cart...i told her until you learn how to drive this thing you don't get the key back...and off i went into the crowd...i gave it to the 1st CM i seen and explained what i had done...she alomost died laughing...:D

nicole48040
09-28-2007, 05:42 PM
The stroller comment I found really funny....because of how it happened to me. My husband and I went to WDW with our three yr. old and we were in our early 20s. We were both hot and tired and he clipped my heel with the stroller and I got mad and kicked him! We then started fighting right there in the middle of WDW until we snapped back to reality and could not stop laughing :blush:

Vintage Disney
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM

AMEN!:D

baldburke
09-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Glad ya had a good time!

As for the "stroller people," they frustrate me when there are two or three wiating to get on your bus at the end of the night and they automatically get bumped to the front totally taking up all the space on the bus and leaving no room for the other some hundred people waiting. They should have to wait like the rest of us.

And I thought the parks were always so fun because of the locals with annual passes that just come to hang out?

maggie1020
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Yes very amusing and let the truth be told. By the way are you getting the indication that Im from back east ya know "A NEW YAWKER":cool: Glad you had a good time . By the way were not all stroller pushing rude scooter people who make our children cry.

Maggie
( New Yorker born and bred for 31 years:thumbsup:)

ElenitaB
09-29-2007, 01:51 AM
We'll use our ponchos, thank you very much! I hope you enjoy walking around with wet underwear. ;)

Is often directly related to another of your observations:

-- I think a whole lot of frustration could be avoided if people simply 1) looked where they were going when they walked 2) moved out of the way when they stopped.
Try riding in an ECV for a day or two (particularly when you don't really want to have to use one)... then we'll talk. Honestly, it's a whole different vantage point from behind the "wheel."