PDA

View Full Version : we leave Sept 29 Bank Question

Gayle
09-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Help anyone my DH cannot cash his check until sept 30 Is there a bank in disney that can we bank at chase Thanks:confused:

GrumpyFan
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Hmm, interesting question. I believe there is one across from Downtown Disney, next to or in the vicinity of central casting. You might also check with your hotel/resort, they may be able to cash it for you, depending on the amount.

Wayne
09-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm assuming that you might be talking about a payroll check. I checked the Chase online site and could find no Chase branches in the area. There is a SunTrust branch across from Downtown Disney, however I seriously doubt that they would cash a payroll check for someone who isn't their customer.

How about checking with an officer at your local branch to see if they would allow your husband to do a night deposit on Friday. It wouldn't post until Monday Oct 1.

Seasonscraps
09-28-2007, 03:17 PM
There's a Chase ATM on the Boardwalk (on the side of the general store) - you could deposit the check there and the funds should be available as they would if you made the deposit with a teller. But I would double check with customer service to be sure.

crazypoohbear
09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
You can not make a deposit into an ATM and access the funds right away. The ATM must be emptied, the funds deposited and then what ever holds are put on a check. I know here at my credit union if you deposit into an ATM it can take up to 48 hours before the ATM is even emptied.
I would try to deposit your husband's check in the night depository before you leave. Contact someone at the bank and tell them you realize the check can not be deposited but you will be out of state and could they just deposit it for you at the earliest time allowed. This should not be a problem . Good Luck

Pipalotta
09-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Is your bank Chase? Or is that the bank that the check is from? Depending you might be able to cash it at the a bank that the check is from seeing as it is from one of their account holders. Other possibilities include check cashing places and liquior stores. Not sure how they deal with out of state checks and most places take like 3%.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Sept 30 is a Sunday and therefore not a "business day" for banks. In most banks, anything done on Friday after the cutoff time will actually post on Monday. If you are not able to sweet-talk them into cashing it Friday afternoon or Saturday, perhaps you can leave it in their night depository before you leave town. Then you can find an ATM in WDW and get some quick cash.

Hope this helps!