DU: early 50’s
DA: late 40’s
DP: Papa – early 50’s
DG: Grandma – late 40’s
DSis #2: 15
DU #2: Uncle Mark (late 40’s)
DA #2: Aunt Sue (late 40’s)
DC: 11

This morning we get up early for our 7:30am ADR at the Crystal Palace. I’m SO excited about this breakfast because it will not only be DD’s first visit with the characters, but my DC 11yrs first visit to the Magic Kingdom ever!! It’s EMH morning so there are already people lining up at the gate. We get in a special line for guests with breakfast reservations and are let into the park about 10 minutes to 8:00am. It’s so incredible to walk into the Magic Kingdom practically by ourselves and the castle is magnificent! DH and DBIL check us in as DSis, DD and I wait on Main Street for the rest of our party. We see them all coming down Main Street hand in hand as if they were in the WDW planning DVD. DC looks like a typical Disney kid wearing her brand new deluxe pin starter set (a gift from DSis & DBIL) and toting her princess autograph book. We all arrive at Crystal Palace and wait about another 20 minutes before checking in again. Apparently the CM at the check-in desk didn’t do it correctly so we have to be re-checked in before we can be seated. Once our name is finally called we’re brought to two separate tables which is a disappointment to everyone. I just wish that Disney Dining could have told me ahead of time which restaurants could accommodate a party of 12 and which ones couldn’t. That way I could have at least let everyone know beforehand that we weren’t sitting together. The disappointment passed quickly as DD interacted with her first characters!! She absolutely LOVED Tigger – she kept hugging and kissing his nose…it was absolutely adorable. DC had a great time as well. She was determined to meet every character she saw – it was so cute! After breakfast we decided to hit all of the major attractions starting in Adventureland. We waited about 10 minutes for the Jungle Cruise and had the best CM ever! We’ve ridden this MANY times before but this guy was definitely the greatest. He had some hilarious jokes that we hadn’t heard before and was very funny the entire time. After the Jungle Cruise we met up with DU and DA to visit the Tiki Room where DD loved all the birds. We crossed over to Pirates and I was a little nervous that DD would be afraid of the dark. She was perfectly fine and kept pointing to the animatronics. I love the updates!! This is the first time DH and I have ridden Pirates since the new additions and we both really enjoy it. I couldn’t believe what a big difference there was in the new animatronics vs. the older pirates! They were very smooth and natural looking. It was getting to be extremely hot so we grabbed fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain and waited in the Stand-by line for Splash Mountain. This ended up being one of the group’s favorite rides in the World. I got a great video of them coming down the drop!! This was also the first ride we used baby swap so we all were able to ride. So much fun!! We didn’t use the baby swap at BTMRR because DU doesn’t do any of the roller coaster type rides, so he stayed with DD. By then it was getting close to lunchtime and DD was hungry, so DH and I went to Pecos Bill’s with DA and DU as the rest of the group headed off to do Liberty Square. It was extremely crowded and took awhile to find seating, but we ended up finding a table outside (in the shade, thankfully) and it was still sweltering. After lunch DH and I wanted to take DD to Toon Town for a photo with Mickey. DU and DA met up with the others at the Hall of Presidents and planned to get back with us in Fantasyland. We hopped the train in Frontierland and headed to Mickey’s Toon Town Fair. Of all the times DH and I have been to WDW we’ve never gone here because it was always so crowded. I really liked touring Mickey’s house and DD loved her photo with Mickey in the Judges Tent. Afterwards we still had some time before meeting up with the others so DH and I took DD on Peter Pan. Once the rest of our group joined us we rode It’s a Small World, Mickey’s Philharmagic and The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. We had a nice rest after that during the Carousel of progress (one of my favorites!!!) followed by the TTA. We rode Space Mountain next which was lots of fun as well. DC says that so far Space and Splash Mountains are her favorite rides. We squeeze in one more attraction before dinner and visit the Monsters, Inc. Comedy Club. Most of our group hasn’t seen this show yet and everyone enjoys it. We’re really cutting it close because it’s now 6:35 and we have a 6:40 reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. DH and I rush over to the castle as I change DD’s outfit on the way. A few months ago I purchased an adorable Disney Princess dress from disneyshopping.com and it fits her perfectly!!! We have such a large group that we receive four photo packages included with our dinner. DH and I decide to have DD’s photo taken with Cinderella by herself since she looks so cute in her dress. We love the picture! Dinner is very good and I’m surprised that we’re all actually sitting together. Again, DD has a great time with the characters and we finish up just in time to catch Spectromagic going past the front of the castle. The air is so thick and muggy that I can tell it’s going to pour at any moment. We move down to Main Street to get a spot for Wishes and it starts POURING!! Thankfully DH had already put the stroller cover over DD who fell asleep the second I put her down. DH and I have our rain pullovers on which are NOT waterproof and I had given DC DD’s child’s poncho to keep her dry. Everyone else was completely soaked. DH and I took off for the bridge to Frontierland as the crowd scattered in every direction. We lost track of the rest of our group and only hoped they were able to find a dry spot. DH and I stood huddled under a table umbrella with DD and a few others until the rain passed. As we were making our way back out to Main Street a CM announced that Wishes had been postponed. I called my mom to see if she and the others had gotten out of the rainstorm and apparently they had been swept up in the huge crowd trying to get into the shops down Main Street. My DA #2 had fallen a couple of times with everyone trampling down on her trying to get out of the rain. She was fine, but it’s so scary to think of what could happen if there really WAS a reason to panic anywhere with a large crowd. People are out for themselves and that’s it…I shudder to think of what could happen in a real emergency. They decide not to stay for Wishes since most of them are dripping wet and cold so they head out to the monorail. DH and I stay for Wishes with DSis and DBIL. Afterwards we leisurely walk to the bus and get on to go back to the BCV. It’s not until after we’re back in our room, changed, with DD in bed that I get another call from my mom saying that they just now have gotten back to their room. Apparently the line was SO long for the Monorail it took them an hour and a half to get back to the TTC. (For some reason my dad thought it would be quicker to rent a mini van and drive everywhere than to take WDW transportation – I’m still not convinced that it’s any faster or more convenient). I feel really bad for them…it was DA #2, DU #2 and DC’s first night in the MK and they’re soaked & trampled. Let’s hope tomorrow has a better ending.

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty good day. Glad your DA wasn't hurt.. how scary!

faline
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
It was such a wonderful day for all of you until the rains came!

KylesMom
09-28-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear that such a promising day turned sour in the end. I'm so glad that your Aunt was ok - that really could have been disastrous. Isn't it amazing that it can be so horribly hot, but when the rains come, it becomes so chilly and awful out?

It's so special to hear about your DDs first experiences at Disney World! Thanks for sharing with us. On to Day 7!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a great day till the rain came. Thanks for sharing.