PDA

View Full Version : I am so pumped for HOCKEY!

Rosanne
09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Is anyone else with me?
:puck:
Don't get me wrong. I love my Yankees. But baseball is sooo incredibly boring after watching a hockey game. The skating, the hitting, the goal scoring, shootouts- you can't get any better than the NHL.

I, for one, will be at Madison Square Garden cheering on my Rangers :team: as much as possible this season.

Who are your favorite teams?

TennesseeTink
09-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm a Predators fan all the way!!!!:hockey::puck:

I grew up in ballparks and still love baseball. It's very nostalgic for me. But there's something about the excitement of a hockey game, especially watching it in person as opposed to TV, that is very intoxicating. We're going to a meet and greet tonight to meet the team. WOOHOO!!!

Donald A
09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I am everything Cleveland - the Browns, Indians, and Cavs. But, Cleveland doesn't have a hockey team so I have broken a rule of any great Cleveland sports fan and am an avid fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins. I went to a game in Pittsburgh last year and am hooked. My Sidney Crosby Jersey is hanging right up next to my Browns and Indians jerseys. First game is just over a week away!

PirateLover
09-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Although I'm currently suffering from Phillies Phever, you can bet I'm still Flyered up at the same time!! There is no way we can finish worse than last year... so this year will only bring improvements. Bummer that Scottie Upshall and Joffrey Lupul already got hurt though....

Ian
09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
We'll see ... the Flyers were SO bad last season that they were unwatchable, so I kinda stopped being a hockey fan last year.

If they can win me back this year, then yes ... I'll be pumped. From a sports perspective, hockey is my first love.

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 04:23 PM
We'll see ... the Flyers were SO bad last season that they were unwatchable, so I kinda stopped being a hockey fan last year.

If they can win me back this year, then yes ... I'll be pumped. From a sports perspective, hockey is my first love.
This is so true for Maple Leaf fans. The team has become so complacent with just getting through the season and concentrationg on making profit that they have forgotten about winning. I guess when you sell out everygame money is all that matters.

As Ian, says, I am a Hockey fan first, but I am a Leafs fan second.

My coaching season starts this weekend. I am more pumped about watching the kids play than I am watching overpaid sports figures, but that is another post.:D

JPL
09-28-2007, 09:40 AM
I have lots to be excited about this season a new coach and a new arena. I have my season ticket plan and counting down the days until the October 27th home opener in the new building :thumbsup: :puck:

WDWfanatic742
09-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I got my tickets coming for the PANTHERS!!! :bolt:

JPL
09-28-2007, 11:40 AM
I got my tickets coming for the PANTHERS!!! :bolt:

So how much do the Panthers pay you to come to a game? :razz: ;)

sportsguy2315
09-29-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm root for all NHL teams except for the following:

Ottawa (They always play below their potential)
Detroit (Same as Ottawa)
Vancouver (It seems their objective is to win hockey games by decimating the other teams; not the best example for the kids :) )

If I had to make predictions now, it'd be tough: I like the talent that the Penguins, Rangers and Isles have out east. In the West, the Pacific is always a fun division to watch with Dallas, Anaheim and San Jose, so I'd pick the winner of the Pacific to win the west.

JPL
10-02-2007, 09:02 AM
The drop of the :puck: grows ever so near. But the NHL really needs to hire a marketing firm or something it's sad that most people except for dioehard fans didn't even know about the 2 Games in England or that the Season starts Wednesday night :shake:

Scar
10-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Ottawa (They always play below their potential)
Detroit (Same as Ottawa)

Didn't Detroit win 3 cups in the last 10 years? :confused:

Jeff G
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm excited for hockey but not at the pro level. I live in central Wisconsin and the two closest teams are Minnesota and Chicago which are both over 4 hours away and never televised here and I've never made a trip to a game.

I was able to make a couple Badger games each of the last few years and they were great (especially in '05-06 when they won the national title).

As a family were new to hockey, my DS started playing 5 years ago because one of his friends was. When he started I had never watched or attended a hockey game nor could I tell you what icing was, a blue line, a shift, ect. He's now 9 and loves the game. I loved watching his games last year even if it was mite hockey. From watching him and taking him to a lot of high school and college games I've growen to love the game myself. If given a chance I would choose a hockey game over baseball anyday (not football though).

WED1901
10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Another Preds Fan Here!! :thumbsup:

I hope the local ownership will be able to keep the team here. We have to maintain 14K avg this year or it’s all over! We avg 13,800 last year so if we miss it this year we don’t deserve a team here! If any you guys are in town this season…take in a game!

Rosanne
10-02-2007, 05:03 PM
The drop of the :puck: grows ever so near. But the NHL really needs to hire a marketing firm or something it's sad that most people except for dioehard fans didn't even know about the 2 Games in England or that the Season starts Wednesday night :shake:

I completely agree with you. What a shame that is!
I am a huge hockey fan and I almost forgot about these games.

I forget about the smaller markets and the type of publicity the NHL is getting there, living in New York City. However, even in New York, where the Rangers have already sold out practically every seat in the Garden for the ENTIRE season, hockey is buried deep in the sports sections behind the baseball and football stories.

And the situation with Versus only makes it worse. I want to scream at ESPN for dropping the NHL and the NHL for allowing it to happen.

WDWfanatic742
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Try living down here in Florida. I have no idea where half of these fans come from, but usually they can sell out most of the seats to the games. Of course, half of the fans are for the away team...

JPL
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
And the situation with Versus only makes it worse. I want to scream at ESPN for dropping the NHL and the NHL for allowing it to happen.

Ah yes Versus nothing like turning on the game a few minutes early and watching Bambi get killed :mad:

mouseaddict
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Don't get me started on Versus..I grew up with Hockey Night in Canada. Just to let everyone know..NHL Center ice is free till Oct 8...so enjoy the games! I got to watch my Sens beat the Maple Laughs twice this week!!!!!!! 9not that they played well..but they got the win!)

brownie
10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Go Wings!

JPL
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I hate to admit it but this is the longest it has taken me to get back into Hockey mode. I'm hoping it's just the combination of the new job and trip and the 10 game road trip the Devs have to start the season. Opening night next Saturday should pump me up :thumbsup:

Ian
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I hate to admit it but this is the longest it has taken me to get back into Hockey mode. I'm hoping it's just the combination of the new job and trip and the 10 game road trip the Devs have to start the season. Opening night next Saturday should pump me up :thumbsup:How about gettin' your butts kicked by the Flyers? Is that helpin' at all??

JPL
10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
How about gettin' your butts kicked by the Flyers? Is that helpin' at all??

You guys were due to beat us you earned 2 out of 16 points last season and we earned 15 out 16 since it was an overtime win for you last season.

mouseaddict
10-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Uh-Oh...do I see some trouble brewing here??? I am actually enjoying this season so far..but then again the Sens have been playing ok so far! I am definately happy to see that Wade Redden is having a better season..although I know he is going to be traded :sob:
Ian, you are a Flyers fan..how do you feel about the big suspensions?

JPL
10-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Uh-Oh...do I see some trouble brewing here???

Trouble between me and Ian had been brewing since I found out he is a Flyer Fan and I'm a Devils Fan compounded by the fact that he's an Eagle Fan and I'm a Giant Fan ;) We do agree on a few common enemies mostly the Rangers, Cowboys and Redskins :)

But seriously nothing to worry about folks we just have a great time going back and forth at each other we have been doing it the better part of 7 years :thumbsup:

mouseaddict
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I think we should all have a meet in Atlanta in Jan for the all-star game...then we can all cheer on the same team! (and drink plenty of alcohol!)

PirateLover
10-21-2007, 12:51 PM
LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!
BACK WITH A VENGEANCE INDEED!
I can't believe it's only October. So many people are Flyered up around here.:thumbsup:

Ian
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
You guys were due to beat us you earned 2 out of 16 points last season and we earned 15 out 16 since it was an overtime win for you last season.Last year we won exactly as many Stanley Cups as the Devils did. :razz:

Besides that was last year ... this is this year ... And so far the score is Flyers 1, Devils Zip.

If I was a Devils' fan I'd be seriously worried right now, because the one thing that carried this team even when they weren't very good was Brodeur. This season, thus far, he looks well below average.

A GAA of 3.51 (ranked 34th in the NHL)... save percentage of only .864 (ranked 38th) ... Not good!

And how's our "Marty" doing?

Just a 1.57 GAA (4th best in the NHL) and a save percentage of .952 (3rd best in the NHL).

My Marty's better than your Marty!

Sweet .... :thumbsup:

JPL
10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
My Marty's better than your Marty!

When your Marty wins 3 Cups, 3 Vezina's , 2 Jennings, and an Olympic Gold

Then we can start talking ;)

He's having a bit of a rough start as it the rest of the team adjusting the new system they are playing but just give him another couple of games and he will be back to top form:thumbsup:

Ian
10-24-2007, 07:01 AM
When your Marty wins 3 Cups, 3 Vezina's , 2 Jennings, and an Olympic Gold

Then we can start talking ;)Well I guess you can look back fondly on those dusty old Cups, Vezinas, and Jennings at the end of the season while the :thedolls:'s are out golfing and the Flyers are contending for the Cup. :razz:

Just messin' with ya, Jeff. It's way too early ... trust me ... history tells me not to get too excited just yet!

JPL
10-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Well I guess you can look back fondly on those dusty old Cups, Vezinas, and Jennings at the end of the season

At least my dusty old cups are from this Century :old: :razz:

mouseaddict
10-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Hey..things could be worse Ian..you could be a Toronto fan...at least the Flyers can hold their own against back up goaltenders!

judoma
10-24-2007, 10:07 PM
It's way too early ... trust me ... history tells me not to get too excited just yet!

LET"S GO FLYERS, LET'S GO!!!

judoma
10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
What can I say, I'm a Philly Girl.:blush:

:number1:

Ian
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
At least my dusty old cups are from this Century :old: :razz:The only Cup that matters is the current one.

Ours from the 70's mean exactly as much as yours, old man!

mouseaddict
10-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Sorry JPL...But GO SENS GO (Till the playofs when they choke again)
What's up with the Flyers? Another game, another player knocked out! They must be channelling the Broad Street Bullies!

JPL
10-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah the Sens spoiled our home opener. But the building itself is beautiful and now they need to get the staff up to par. What a mess it was tonight trying to find things and buy stuff. It took me 25 minutes just to get a soda :shake: and I was sent on a wild goose chase for a bag of peanuts. :mad: