Cast:
Just me! 48yo certified Disney nut! :mickey:

Supporting Cast:
100 or so fellow Intercotees! :rocks:

When:
10/9 – 10/16

Where:
Pop Century

Well finally, after two canceled trips, I’m returning to WDW! :woohoo: Not only that, but I get to hang out with a whole lot of people who “get it” & understand my obsession! It’s also a milestone of sorts, as this will be my 10th visit – I’ve reached double digits! Anyway, my plan:

Jet out of DTW on Tuesday the 9th & arrive at MCO late afternoon. DME to the hotel, where I’ll relax that evening. Wednesday I’ll be at MK for at least part of the day as I have to keep with tradition – first park must be MK, and the first ride must be IASW. After that who knows? I’ll have two full days by myself before the Intercot festivities begin, so the only constraints I’ll have are my ADR’s (Kona on Wednesday & Brown Derby on Thursday). As none of the Intercot fun is happening at DS/MGM/DHS/??? (whatever they’re calling it now), I’ll probably devote Thursday to that park. It will also allow me to start fulfilling my big goal.

Each trip, I always set at least one goal to accomplish for myself. Something like getting my picture taken with all the princesses, or trying certain restaurants I’ve never dined in, etc. This trip, my biggest goal is to conquer my completely irrational fear of rollercoasters. They scare the hoohah right out of me! I’m kinda OK with BTMRR, but haven’t rode Space Mountain since I was a teen, and RnRC has been a “no go zone” for me since it opened. We won’t even discuss E:E. Anyway, what better place to rid myself of this fear than WDW? No guts, no glory, right? And less fun too! We’ll see.

Beyond all that, I can’t wait for the Intercot festivities! :party: Huzzah! What fun! What merriment! What jocularity! What in the world am I getting myself into? A whole lot of good times I bet! I’ll be doing most of the meets, and am really looking forward to putting some faces with screen names & avatars. Not to mention the rockin’ good time we’ll all have at MNSSHP :pumpkin: & the Illuminations party. :fworks: I’d really like to do the Jellyroll’s thing, but this poor old body can’t handle that late a night if I’m gonna make it to the AK the next morning. Oh well.

After the fun weekend I’ll have Monday the 15th to finish anything I didn’t get accomplished, finishing off with evening EMH at MK & my traditional “last meal” at Tony’s. If any of you are there that night, I’ll be the middle aged guy standing in Town Square at park close staring at Cinderella Castle & blubbering like the sentimental fool that I am. :cry: It happens every time. People stare. Some point. CM’s ask me if I’m OK. I just can’t help it. Then I’ll turn my back & walk away, never glancing back. I want that last, special view burned in my mind for days afterward.

It’ll be up early on Tuesday, pack & DME back to MCO, then DTW & reality once again. After a great WDW vacation, reality stinks. Hopefully, I’ll have had a great time & met a bunch of new friends, and that will help me to adjust back to my crazy real life. I’m really excited about this vacation, and I can’t wait to meet everyone! Less than 2 weeks! WAHOO!! :trio:

faline
09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Look forward to meeting you during the Intecot festivities!

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
You plans sound great! Hope to meet you down at the WORLD!

Since My DW(Mickey'sGirl) just posted our pre-trip report, I am getting pretty pumped myself!!! I am soooo looking forward to meeting all my fellow Intercotees.

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Hope you have a safe and magical trip! I really enjoyed reading this pre trip report and look forward to reading about the trip itself!

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm looking forward to meeting you Brad! Your trip sounds terrific!! See you in a few days!:mickey:

bleukarma
09-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope to see you at Jellyrolls, but I can understand not staying out late! The rest of your trip souns like fun!! Good luck on the coasters! :mickey:

TikiGoddess
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a great trip! I thought I was the only one who blubbered like a baby when leaving the MK. Happens every time. Thankfully on this trip all the Intercotees will understand, so we'll be fine!

See you soon!

TikiG

ChipnDaleGal
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Good luck with your roller coaster task that you have set for yourself! :thumbsup: Hope you have a great time and see you at the meets! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
09-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Greg and I will be in MGM Studios on Thursday afternoon. PM me if you would like to meet up for a few rides. Maybe we can drag you on RRC!:coaster:

grego77
09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks! :mickey:

Vintage Disney
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Have FUN! I'm not much of a rollercoaster fan either but I do love Big Thunder and E:E. Space Mountain is ok - very jerky.

pogo
09-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Happy travels to you ! Your plan sounds great.

I can't wait to see if you break your mental block and ride RnR. :D

cal5755
09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
It sounds like loads of fun!! I only wish I knew about intercot sooner!! You guys are going to have a blast and I cant wait to hear all about it and see pics!!

I wish you all the luck on your rollercoaster goals!! Go for it... if you dont like it you never have to do it again, right? Have fun!!

ElenitaB
09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Looking forward to meeting you, Brad! There's a good chance we'll be at the Studios on Thursday too, so keep your eyes open for folks wearing INTERCOT t-shirts. But we'll definitely be hoping to see you Friday through Sunday! :thumbsup:

Mousefever
09-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Yay! Another Pop Century person! I'm sure there are plenty of us Intercotees who will be happy to hold your hand (figuratively!) on the roller coasters. I look forward to meeting you!
Amy

:dory:

BelleCiavo
09-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I hope you force yourself to climb aboard EE; it is so much fun. Enjoy your trip!

Karen