PDA

View Full Version : Swan/Dolphin owned by Starwood?

rt207
09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I ask because it has been announced that all Starwood owned hotels are now pet friendly and I'm curious on how/if this affects these hotels.

tikiman
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Yes the Swan is a Westin and the Dolphin is a Sheraton.

KylesMom
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
This is per the official Swan & Dolphin website:

5. Does the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin allow pets at the hotel?
Pets are not allowed at the Swan or Dolphin wings with the exception of guide dogs for the visually impaired. However, there are 5 kennels at the Walt Disney World® Resort. One kennel is located at each of the main theme parks and there is also a kennel at Fort Wilderness. No reservations are required, and the cost for resort guests is just $10 per day or $13 per day for overnight use. More detailed information is available by calling Disney Information at 407-824-2222.

I should also add that within the FAQs on the Swan & Dolphin website Disney's non-smoking policy is in effect at both of these hotels, too. Disney obviously has some type of standards that they must adhere to since they are on property.

tikiman
09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I think Starwood went non-smoking before Disney decided to do that last June.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Swan & Dolphin are OWNED by Tishman, managed by Starwood Lodging and Disney is their landlord. (they rent the space from Disney). I'm not sure about the pet friendly part. I'd call first

Hammer
09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I should also add that within the FAQs on the Swan & Dolphin website Disney's non-smoking policy is in effect at both of these hotels, too. Disney obviously has some type of standards that they must adhere to since they are on property.

I'm not sure where you saw that, but according to swananddolphin.com (the offical website of the Swan and Dolphin), the Dolphin still has smoking rooms available:

6. Do you allow smoking at the resort?
The Swan wing of the resort no longer allows smoking in any part of the resort including the guest rooms. Guests who choose to smoke may do so in designated outdoor areas only.

Those who do smoke may prefer to request a room in the Dolphin wing of the resort where smoking is permitted in designated rooms.

KylesMom
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
My Bad, Hammer - didn't read all the way through the FAQ regarding non-smoking! Got the pet info from the official Swan & Dolphin website, too bad I didn't read the whole thing re: non smoking! Thanks for correcting me. :mickey:

SallyP
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I just (10/01/07, 1:41 PM) spoke with guest services at Swan/Dolphin: they have no plans to go "pet friendly". The Dolphin still has designated smoking rooms available but the Swan is totally non-smoking.

1-800-227-1500