PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Arrival

junedis
09-26-2007, 10:21 PM
What is the best park to visit on a Sunday mid-day arrival?:mickey:

LoriMistress
09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
How long are you planning to stay? How long is your journey? If it's more then three to four hours, then I would suggest having a low key day by swimming at the pool, or eating dinner at DTD. That's just me personally.

Bluesky481
09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
There are several variables that can affect park crowds throughout the week: time of year,EMHs, special events, holidays...even the weather.

I highly recommend purchasing a park-hopper pass so you have the ability to hop to another park if one seems overly crowded on a particular day.

That being said, the below information can be found on info. central under the "crowds (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/whentovisit.asp)" tab.

What days are historically the busiest at the Parks?
Walt Disney World parks tend to be the busiest on the following days:

Magic Kingdom: Monday, Saturday & Sunday
Epcot: Wednesday & Friday
Disney-MGM Studios: Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
Animal Kingdom: Monday, Tuesday & Friday

vamaggie
09-27-2007, 07:47 AM
How long are you planning to stay? How long is your journey? If it's more then three to four hours, then I would suggest having a low key day by swimming at the pool, or eating dinner at DTD. That's just me personally.

I agree. Unless you plan to stay for EMH it may not be cost effective to try to do a park on arrival day depending on when you arrive. We are scheduled to arrive at MCO on a Thurs at 2:15. WE plan to do to DTD and enjoy the pool/Poly on arrival day.

rt207
09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I was wondering this, too, because we arrive on a Sunday. I don't normally do a park on arrival day, but I bought 4 day passes and got 2 days free. This makes me want to pop into a park for a few hours because, if I don't go on arrival day, that day on the pass will be wasted. I know it's only a couple of dollars difference even if I had paid for it, but still...

disneydrmr
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I arrived on a Sunday back in December and we went to Epcot.. was not crowded at all.. BUT.. the time of year, weather, etc.. can all play factors in crowds.. so like someone else suggested.. have a park hopper and you can always hop until you find a park that is not crowded on your arrival date.